Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Matter is a way to limit consciousness

BlueDreams
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 8:48:28 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Created by whom? A conscious entity? And if a conscious entity created matter, why? And if so, how does a conscious entity, which is necessarily mental, create an entirely new substance?
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:12:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 8:48:28 AM, BlueDreams wrote:
Created by whom? A conscious entity? And if a conscious entity created matter, why? And if so, how does a conscious entity, which is necessarily mental, create an entirely new substance?

God, out of love, and by speaking his thoughts into existence. The very fabric of our universe is made from the invisible vibrations that came into being from the voice of God. I'm just BS'in I have no idea.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:22:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 6:05:40 AM, janesix wrote:
That is why it was created

I too believe that we're fractured minds of the same entity. One insight that can be learned from powerful psychedelic drugs is that our ego is a false sense of self. We're all interconnected on a deeper level than any of us can see but we can get glimpses of our true, transcendent spiritual reality by using drugs.
janesix
Posts: 3,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:25:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:22:15 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:05:40 AM, janesix wrote:
That is why it was created

I too believe that we're fractured minds of the same entity. One insight that can be learned from powerful psychedelic drugs is that our ego is a false sense of self. We're all interconnected on a deeper level than any of us can see but we can get glimpses of our true, transcendent spiritual reality by using drugs.
I haven't tried psychedelics. But I've had spiritual experiences from meditation and pranayama.I think psychedelics can open you to a different state of consciousness and spiritual experiences.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:28:57 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:25:59 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:22:15 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:05:40 AM, janesix wrote:
That is why it was created

I too believe that we're fractured minds of the same entity. One insight that can be learned from powerful psychedelic drugs is that our ego is a false sense of self. We're all interconnected on a deeper level than any of us can see but we can get glimpses of our true, transcendent spiritual reality by using drugs.
I haven't tried psychedelics. But I've had spiritual experiences from meditation and pranayama.I think psychedelics can open you to a different state of consciousness and spiritual experiences.

Neither have I. I've just listened to dozens and dozens of testimonials from people's experiences on DMT, ayahuasca, and other psychedelic use on YouTube. Are you an idealist or dualist? It sounds like we share similar views on God and reality.
janesix
Posts: 3,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:34:54 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:28:57 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:25:59 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:22:15 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:05:40 AM, janesix wrote:
That is why it was created

I too believe that we're fractured minds of the same entity. One insight that can be learned from powerful psychedelic drugs is that our ego is a false sense of self. We're all interconnected on a deeper level than any of us can see but we can get glimpses of our true, transcendent spiritual reality by using drugs.
I haven't tried psychedelics. But I've had spiritual experiences from meditation and pranayama.I think psychedelics can open you to a different state of consciousness and spiritual experiences.

Neither have I. I've just listened to dozens and dozens of testimonials from people's experiences on DMT, ayahuasca, and other psychedelic use on YouTube. Are you an idealist or dualist? It sounds like we share similar views on God and reality.

I haven't studied philosophy much so I'm not sure where my beliefs would fit in.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:54:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:34:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:28:57 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:25:59 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:22:15 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 6:05:40 AM, janesix wrote:
That is why it was created

I too believe that we're fractured minds of the same entity. One insight that can be learned from powerful psychedelic drugs is that our ego is a false sense of self. We're all interconnected on a deeper level than any of us can see but we can get glimpses of our true, transcendent spiritual reality by using drugs.
I haven't tried psychedelics. But I've had spiritual experiences from meditation and pranayama.I think psychedelics can open you to a different state of consciousness and spiritual experiences.

Neither have I. I've just listened to dozens and dozens of testimonials from people's experiences on DMT, ayahuasca, and other psychedelic use on YouTube. Are you an idealist or dualist? It sounds like we share similar views on God and reality.

I haven't studied philosophy much so I'm not sure where my beliefs would fit in.

Fair enough.

I believe that reality in its entirety is a construct of the mind. The only thing that exists external to the human mind is information. The objects that we think exist as things-in-themselves actually don't. The universe is an invisible, vibrating arena that was constructed from God's mind. Our brain models this information into the empirical world that we all know and experience. So reality, our external arena, is derivative from God's mind. Once we die our mind will become one with God's again. We'll remember why we had this whole experience.
BlueDreams
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:04:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:12:49 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/29/2015 8:48:28 AM, BlueDreams wrote:
Created by whom? A conscious entity? And if a conscious entity created matter, why? And if so, how does a conscious entity, which is necessarily mental, create an entirely new substance?

God, out of love, and by speaking his thoughts into existence. The very fabric of our universe is made from the invisible vibrations that came into being from the voice of God. I'm just BS'in I have no idea.

Haha.