Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Man-kind oblivious to the realities of life?

LifeSeeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 8:05:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Isolated and alone. Afraid to share thoughts at the risk of being labeled.

I yearn for my insights to be exposed, immune from negative connotation. Maybe they offer insight into the greatest fears of mankind. Maybe my involvement in this type of dialogue will lead to revelation. Are most people not living in oblivion to the realities of life? Is the motivation to label my state-of-mind as depression rooted in the greatest fears of mankind?

It distresses me to no end that I can't express myself. I want to find my voice and express myself to the world. To be heard and understood. To be significant in the world around me. But how?

I periodically offer the benefit of the doubt (with speculation, defending against cynicism) and contemplate meaning in the perceived mundane, only to find myself wondering with fear if I'm conforming to the delusional majority.

How then, am I to fulfill my mission of offering hope to the world if I too, struggle with uncertainty and am at risk for accepting mediocrity? Am I too, delusional?
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:26:48 AM
At 1/3/2016 8:05:55 PM, LifeSeeker wrote:

I yearn for my insights to be exposed, immune from negative connotation. Maybe they offer insight into the greatest fears of mankind. Maybe my involvement in this type of dialogue will lead to revelation. Are most people not living in oblivion to the realities of life? Is the motivation to label my state-of-mind as depression rooted in the greatest fears of mankind?

It distresses me to no end that I can't express myself. I want to find my voice and express myself to the world. To be heard and understood. To be significant in the world around me. But how?

I periodically offer the benefit of the doubt (with speculation, defending against cynicism) and contemplate meaning in the perceived mundane, only to find myself wondering with fear if I'm conforming to the delusional majority.

How then, am I to fulfill my mission of offering hope to the world if I too, struggle with uncertainty and am at risk for accepting mediocrity? Am I too, delusional?

If you google what ever thoughts you have, you'll very likely find that someone else has had them too.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 1:19:58 AM

There are no new ideas, only the same ones repackaged and sold over and over again. I used to think I had new ideas. Been thought of 2000 years ago or even longer than that. The same is probably true for you also. Don't feel bad though, the gift is in knowing the bad ideas from the good ones.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 10:13:43 AM
At 1/5/2016 1:19:58 AM, sadolite wrote:

There are no new ideas, only the same ones repackaged and sold over and over again.

I disagree. Nikola Tesla had new ideas. Many men in history have had new ideas. Sure they might be rooted in previous experiences, as is everything birthed by our imagination, but that doesn't mean that their ideas weren't new in their own right. Nor does it mean that the source of their new ideas weren't new in themself, as we have no true way of knowing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 9:57:37 PM
At 1/5/2016 10:13:43 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

There are no new ideas, only the same ones repackaged and sold over and over again.

I disagree. Nikola Tesla had new ideas. Many men in history have had new ideas. Sure they might be rooted in previous experiences, as is everything birthed by our imagination, but that doesn't mean that their ideas weren't new in their own right. Nor does it mean that the source of their new ideas weren't new in themself, as we have no true way of knowing.

I don't think the OP was referring to his technological invention prowess.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 11:37:59 PM
At 1/5/2016 9:57:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

I wasn't referring to the OP, but rather to your own comment.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 11:50:43 PM
At 1/5/2016 11:37:59 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well then "I" was referring to social political and philosophical ideas which are just the same but repackaged.

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 12:22:13 AM
At 1/5/2016 11:50:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2016 11:37:59 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well then "I" was referring to social political and philosophical ideas which are just the same but repackaged.

In that case, I concur.