Jump to topic:

Post on the KCA

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 3:42:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I recently made a blog post on the KCA, with a detailed critique/refutation of it. Thought some of you would be interested. It would be tedious to C/P the whole thing onto a few OP's, so I'll just link it below. I'd appreciate some responses and some good discussion.

Given here: http://gotejas.com...
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:01:34 PM
At 1/16/2016 3:42:00 PM, tejretics wrote:
I recently made a blog post on the KCA, with a detailed critique/refutation of it. Thought some of you would be interested. It would be tedious to C/P the whole thing onto a few OP's, so I'll just link it below. I'd appreciate some responses and some good discussion.

The assertion in regards to "the flow of time" is a fallacy of ambiguity.
Please address the following knowledge claims....
" All of us feel time"
Fallacy of ambiguity, and i'll need to see proof exactly what it is to everyone to "feel" time. I will also need to see your evidence that "all of us" do as you claim
"We count seconds, minutes. Time passes with every action"
Assertion that time exists as a thing that passes. Once again this is ambiguous and you first have to establish time exists. I'll need an example of something time "causes to happen". And physical evidence of this connection.
"Every series of events is temporal. Humans perceive time as linear."
Perceiving time as linear isn't an actual perception it is the definition of the concept of time that makes it linear. You are more than welcome to go back into history and introduce a concept of time into humanity and see if humanity adopts your idea, then we all will accept how you define time. Unfortunately you aren't the originator of the concept of time so your opinion of how the idea or concept should be defined is irrelevant. And an equivocation fallacy if you claim time is defined some other way than the original way. Anyone can change a definition within a concept and challenge it. Its called creating a straw man. Example, a straight line is 160 degree angle. I have all the mathematical proof I need to justify this claim as I merely use the equations already existing in geometry to prove my assertion. A right angle is 80 degrees. The interior total of a triangle is 160 degrees..etc.Unfortunately I didn't introduce the concept of geometry into humanity therefore I must adhere to the 180 degree definition. That's how concepts work.
"What does that mean? It means we make a distinction between the past, present, and future. We assume the past happened once and is no longer happening."
First off , who is this we you claim to represent? Why do assume this "we" assumes what you claim? I do Not assume the "past" happened once and is no longer happening, nice straw man, We say the past has happened once because that's the defintion of the past, events that have already happened. "In the past" not in some fantasy reality you seem to be living in or attempting to reconfigure for the sake of your assumed "logical argument".
So, prove time exists.
Prove you have the right to define the concept of time and/or change how it is defined.
Prove "we" all assume the things you claim we do.

The KCA at worst could be an appeal to popular belief because it merely injects God as the first cause because,historically speaking, this is the most popular concept that fits the argument of the first cause.
BlueDreams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 11:04:13 PM
Interesting points. Your arguments actually intersect with many observations I've made over the years.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 11:55:30 PM
Very good post.

Although I will say that the first objection I have to the KCA as you presented it is the assertion of a personal cause, which bewilders me that its proponents seem to think needs little explaining. So I would have liked to see you hit that head on.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 8:35:21 PM
At 1/16/2016 3:42:00 PM, tejretics wrote:

Looks interesting. I'll look at it in greater depth when I can.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy