Jump to topic:

Personal Philosophy

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 8:58:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Over my years on the mortal coil I have developed a set of opinions that have become my philosophical view on life.

You may question my concepts, but do so with a decent mind set. Just because you do not agree with me, do not exercise the abhorrent "Debate Rage"

These concepts are not in order of priority or state of importance, but are just random long held thoughts.

Racial Discrimination: I accept the tenet that we are all citizens of the world, There are some citizens of the world that I do not agree with but that is not because of race.

Borders Create Racial Discrimination: There is always those despots that wish to make themselves important in the world, a sense of power and the ability to talk the war lords into their way of thinking shrinks borders, creating more displaced people, and a military presence that allows the despot to feel his own importance.

World Wide Religion: I believe that there can only be one truth on any given subject. To say that all religions are Truth in their own right is ignorant of the meaning of the word Truth.

Solving Some Problems: If the 11 commandment was a world wide dictate that everyone obeyed, there would be far less problems to contend with. The 11 commandment: Love one another. Forget what religion, or none, that you are and accept this one thing.

There will be more, add yours in a sensible manner.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 10:15:24 AM
At 2/25/2016 8:58:40 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Over my years on the mortal coil I have developed a set of opinions that have become my philosophical view on life.

You may question my concepts, but do so with a decent mind set. Just because you do not agree with me, do not exercise the abhorrent "Debate Rage"

These concepts are not in order of priority or state of importance, but are just random long held thoughts.

Racial Discrimination: I accept the tenet that we are all citizens of the world, There are some citizens of the world that I do not agree with but that is not because of race.

Borders Create Racial Discrimination: There is always those despots that wish to make themselves important in the world, a sense of power and the ability to talk the war lords into their way of thinking shrinks borders, creating more displaced people, and a military presence that allows the despot to feel his own importance.

World Wide Religion: I believe that there can only be one truth on any given subject. To say that all religions are Truth in their own right is ignorant of the meaning of the word Truth.

Solving Some Problems: If the 11 commandment was a world wide dictate that everyone obeyed, there would be far less problems to contend with. The 11 commandment: Love one another. Forget what religion, or none, that you are and accept this one thing.

All these are ideal, nice thoughts; I do not think anyone's going to be a challenge for them.
As long as people (and states) have envy, hatred, arrogance, fighting and war is notime finished.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 10:36:17 AM

Humans aren't all equal. Discuss.

I agree.

Ah, but what about nuance? What about perspective?

I like this one. That should just be the one commandment.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TheDom275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 9:23:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago

I'd say that I agree with all these except the world wide religion one. Yeah, there's only ever one truth in regards to a certain question, I agree there. But there are many different ways to reach the truth of something.
For example: someone could realise that food is precious by thinking about how long they would survive without it or they could waste it all and then realise just how important it was while starving to death.
Not the best example, I know, but it gets my point across.