Jump to topic:

Chinese Proverb

liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 4:09:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I thought this was interesting, feel free to share your thoughts and what you think the moral could be.

There once was a small village that had a lone water source. This well was the only way the people would gather drinking water. A man in the village was approached by a spirit that warned him that the well's water would be tainted on a particular day, and if it is consumed it would cause you to go insane. The man tried his best to warn others in the village but his warnings fell on dead ears.

The day of the prediction came and the man left to gather water from a far away spring and upon his return he noticed that the people of his village had lost their minds. The people started calling him crazy because he didn't do as they did. days went by and the man finally decided to drink of the well and he quickly realized that the people weren't so crazy after all.

I thought this story was interesting so please share you thoughts on it.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 5:46:52 PM
I think the moral of the story is that crazy is a matter of perspective, and one person's crazy is another person's enlightenment.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 8:49:49 PM
At 2/29/2016 5:46:52 PM, philochristos wrote:
I think the moral of the story is that crazy is a matter of perspective, and one person's crazy is another person's enlightenment.

I have the same thought on the stories moral. It can also go as far as to say that the people you hang around will eventually change who you are.