Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Anti attack on character of the christian god

The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:58:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

well Holy-Macrel in case you don't know, men suffer their own judgement. in the garden if you read you might notice that God's Judgement in His commandment to Adam was life, and not to die, but at the tree Adam and Eve went with their own judgement of what is good and evil, of which is God's job. Hence they choose to be as gods, knowing good and evil. and agreed to that by eating the fruit thereof. and according to Jesus Christ man is to live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. that is the life Adam and Eve received when God made them, as children of God, that was the life they lost and died from.
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:08:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 11:58:43 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

well Holy-Macrel in case you don't know, men suffer their own judgement. in the garden if you read you might notice that God's Judgement in His commandment to Adam was life, and not to die, but at the tree Adam and Eve went with their own judgement of what is good and evil, of which is God's job. Hence they choose to be as gods, knowing good and evil. and agreed to that by eating the fruit thereof. and according to Jesus Christ man is to live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. that is the life Adam and Eve received when God made them, as children of God, that was the life they lost and died from.

That was a an argument defending god,
and what you bring up is defended by
my free will argument.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:34:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.

I never claimed 2+2=infinity.

Explain the confusion please.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:51:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 3:34:53 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.

I never claimed 2+2=infinity.

Explain the confusion please.

A "perfect being" (infinity) is your answer to an existence filled with imperfection (2+2). I grant 2+2 is an oversimplification for existence since it is better stated we don't even know the equation, but I think the overall point is clear.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:58:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 3:51:30 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:34:53 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.

I never claimed 2+2=infinity.

Explain the confusion please.

A "perfect being" (infinity) is your answer to an existence filled with imperfection (2+2). I grant 2+2 is an oversimplification for existence since it is better stated we don't even know the equation, but I think the overall point is clear.

That doesn't mean you can put it into an equasion.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 7:56:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 4:58:46 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:51:30 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:34:53 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.

I never claimed 2+2=infinity.

Explain the confusion please.

A "perfect being" (infinity) is your answer to an existence filled with imperfection (2+2). I grant 2+2 is an oversimplification for existence since it is better stated we don't even know the equation, but I think the overall point is clear.

That doesn't mean you can put it into an equasion.

Perhaps not, but it was only an analogy. Reality with all its horrors and beauty does not point to a merciful, benevolent, or loving creator. If you must have a creator, then an incompetent or indifferent creator fits reality much better.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 10:19:58 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 7:56:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/5/2016 4:58:46 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:51:30 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:34:53 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/5/2016 3:30:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

Just because you claim 2+2=infinity doesn't mean I can't say your answer is wrong. One need not be perfect to evaluate the explanations of another imperfect being.

I never claimed 2+2=infinity.

Explain the confusion please.

A "perfect being" (infinity) is your answer to an existence filled with imperfection (2+2). I grant 2+2 is an oversimplification for existence since it is better stated we don't even know the equation, but I think the overall point is clear.

That doesn't mean you can put it into an equasion.

Perhaps not, but it was only an analogy. Reality with all its horrors and beauty does not point to a merciful, benevolent, or loving creator. If you must have a creator, then an incompetent or indifferent creator fits reality much better.

My original argument still destroys this argument.
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 8:27:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

So you are basically saying you're Christian God really isn't the vile evil dictator he appears to be, we are just too stupid to "get" his reasoning for his awful behavior?
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 4:46:37 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/8/2016 8:27:44 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/4/2016 10:44:32 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Time for the hammer on this and
attacks on the character of god.

If a perfect entity exists we cannot in
any way judge it's character because
it is infinitely one way or another.

We are like finite numbers.

You cannot describe infinity in any
way with finite numbers except for
that infinity is infinitely larger or better
(blah blah you know what i mean) than them.

Ok so, you being up there.

You allow people to die.

You are evil.

No, it is not.

There is a reason, we cannot
understand such an entity's logic and
reasoning because we are imperfect
and biased.

So you are basically saying you're Christian God really isn't the vile evil dictator he appears to be, we are just too stupid to "get" his reasoning for his awful behavior?

Compared to him we are infinitely
stupid and he is infinitely wise.

(assuming he exists)