Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Studies suggest evolved morality

user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:37:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I wouldn't expect anything else. Societies where everybody kills each other all the time would quickly go extinct.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:50:25 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/8/2016 5:27:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I really liked his presentation, it was very interesting. What he said in the end though kinda ruined it for me:

"we worked on these particular issues to see if we can create a morality from the bottom up, so to speak, without necessarily God and religion involved and to see how we can get to an evolved morality"

What you have to understand is that I do not enjoy it when scientists produce theories that conflict with my beliefs. Watching the presentation carefully a second time helped me recognize what an immoral person he actually is. It's sad to see another God-hating scientist infect more then 700k people with his evil theories.

By posting this video you are contributing to the persecution of Christians on DDO. I think you should be banned for this, it's time we learn respect as a community and put up rules to prevent people from being discriminated based on their beliefs.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 10:16:51 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:50:25 AM, A1tre wrote:
What you have to understand is that I do not enjoy it when scientists produce theories that conflict with my beliefs.

Then too bad for your "beliefs".
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 10:51:32 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:50:25 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:27:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I really liked his presentation, it was very interesting. What he said in the end though kinda ruined it for me:

"we worked on these particular issues to see if we can create a morality from the bottom up, so to speak, without necessarily God and religion involved and to see how we can get to an evolved morality"

What you have to understand is that I do not enjoy it when scientists produce theories that conflict with my beliefs. Watching the presentation carefully a second time helped me recognize what an immoral person he actually is. It's sad to see another God-hating scientist infect more then 700k people with his evil theories.

By posting this video you are contributing to the persecution of Christians on DDO. I think you should be banned for this, it's time we learn respect as a community and put up rules to prevent people from being discriminated based on their beliefs.

To sum it up "Everyone who isn't in my religion is immoral"

I will go let the other 67.5% of the worlds population know that they are going to hell for reasons beyond their control.

Wait. You called it a "theory", a theory is "is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation"

Thank you for agreeing it is correct.
Meh!
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:23:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/8/2016 5:27:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...
I watched this in my class. Quite interesting.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 3:56:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Animal nature for self-preservation can be mutual, but there is still no agreement held between animals that states you are guilty of failure and should be punished, that goes from generation to generation. Animals aren"t stupid, dog"s please their masters so do the elephants, as though their human master is a part of a group they would be with in the wild. And animals can acknowledge a good thing when they experience it. They can serve their masters (humans) and be fed and be safe, or they will figure out what is required to eat and survive in the wild. And a heard of beasts knows the heard is safer than being separated from the heard. But there is no real agreement in the heard that everyone is obligated to protect all members. And some wild life programs show that end of the spectrum of animal nature. And the morality without God or religion is bogus, even if a society insists that their society doesn"t acknowledge a god, that becomes the morality that is enforced, because it is agreed that acknowledgment of a god in immoral (US public schools are already there on that), against the beliefs of the state and those in charge of it. Recent history of Russia and China proves that.

This seems typical blame the religions for morals they don"t agree with, mismanagement of a societies morals sure there is a lot of that religion or no. but governments always become corrupted and self-destruct and religions survive those torments over and over, but if the state administers "morals" where is your moral basis there? Atheism is a system of belief (based on there is no God) that doesn"t tolerate the presence of any other belief. (there is a God)

what's weird about a lot of this looky see the chimp can do this or that is, the monkey has the same dexterity in arms and legs as a human, in many cases. problem solving to get food and the like would be similar. the weird part is people get all giddy about it.

also football players compete in a violent manner to win the prize, reconsideration on the field (hand shaking and the like happens there to)

when two males of a heard have it out to win breeding rights, once the battle is won there is no continued fighting. and the heard moves on as if nothing happened. but some will mortally wound the other to win that prize.

if a male lion wins the pride from another male and the losing male still has cubs alive in the pride the winner kills off the remaining cubs, is there some new moral discovery innate in animals? no, note at all. the main idea behind religion is to look to and aspire to a nature greater then animal and or human nature, otherwise it's a jungle out there were all is fair and self interests are first foremost.
keithprosser
Posts: 1,904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 5:16:00 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
the main idea behind religion is to look to and aspire to a nature greater then animal and or human nature, otherwise it's a jungle out there were all is fair and self interests are first foremost.

What the video shows is that even in the jungle it isn't 'all is fair and self-interests are foremost'.
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 5:28:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 10:51:32 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:50:25 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:27:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I really liked his presentation, it was very interesting. What he said in the end though kinda ruined it for me:

"we worked on these particular issues to see if we can create a morality from the bottom up, so to speak, without necessarily God and religion involved and to see how we can get to an evolved morality"

What you have to understand is that I do not enjoy it when scientists produce theories that conflict with my beliefs. Watching the presentation carefully a second time helped me recognize what an immoral person he actually is. It's sad to see another God-hating scientist infect more then 700k people with his evil theories.

By posting this video you are contributing to the persecution of Christians on DDO. I think you should be banned for this, it's time we learn respect as a community and put up rules to prevent people from being discriminated based on their beliefs.

To sum it up "Everyone who isn't in my religion is immoral"

It's not about being part of a religion, it's about faith in God. Only when guided by the Holy Spirit can you know what is moral and what is not.

I will go let the other 67.5% of the worlds population know that they are going to hell for reasons beyond their control.

It is not beyond their control. The Bible is the most printed and distributed book in the history of mankind. Everyone has a connection to God and the Holy Spirit, so internally everyone knows the truth but because people are sinfull they choose to turn away from God and Jesus Christ.

Wait. You called it a "theory", a theory is "is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation"

Thank you for agreeing it is correct.

You can strawman me all you want, it won't prove me wrong!
keithprosser
Posts: 1,904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:01:45 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I am under no illusion I can prove you wrong. If you want to believe God or Jesus is necessary for morality then I can't stop you. But things like this link might make some other people question whether you are right.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com...
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 5:28:36 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 10:51:32 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:50:25 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:27:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I really liked his presentation, it was very interesting. What he said in the end though kinda ruined it for me:

"we worked on these particular issues to see if we can create a morality from the bottom up, so to speak, without necessarily God and religion involved and to see how we can get to an evolved morality"

What you have to understand is that I do not enjoy it when scientists produce theories that conflict with my beliefs. Watching the presentation carefully a second time helped me recognize what an immoral person he actually is. It's sad to see another God-hating scientist infect more then 700k people with his evil theories.

By posting this video you are contributing to the persecution of Christians on DDO. I think you should be banned for this, it's time we learn respect as a community and put up rules to prevent people from being discriminated based on their beliefs.

To sum it up "Everyone who isn't in my religion is immoral"

It's not about being part of a religion, it's about faith in God. Only when guided by the Holy Spirit can you know what is moral and what is not.

I will go let the other 67.5% of the worlds population know that they are going to hell for reasons beyond their control.

It is not beyond their control. The Bible is the most printed and distributed book in the history of mankind. Everyone has a connection to God and the Holy Spirit, so internally everyone knows the truth but because people are sinfull they choose to turn away from God and Jesus Christ.

Wait. You called it a "theory", a theory is "is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation"

Thank you for agreeing it is correct.

You can strawman me all you want, it won't prove me wrong!

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.
Meh!
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:07:50 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

I believe it is immoral to kill people. I guess this is a false moral then, thanks for clarifying.

If you were born in a Muslim country, you would probably be a Muslim, its unlikely you would ever have ended up being Christian.

Its a shame though that all those kids in Africa who have never even heard of Christianity are going to go to hell.
Meh!
Bob13
Posts: 707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:16:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

What about morals derived from logic?
I don't have a signature. :-)
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:14:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:07:50 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

I believe it is immoral to kill people. I guess this is a false moral then, thanks for clarifying.

I would say it is false because it is not based on a valid idea. In that sense it is not a moral and more of a personal preference. And that is the problem when you are not with Christ, your "morals" become very arbitrary and it makes it hard to live with others in a peaceful society.

If you were born in a Muslim country, you would probably be a Muslim, its unlikely you would ever have ended up being Christian.

Your parents would raise you to be a Muslim, that is true. But the question is not how likely you are to become a Christian, the question is do you choose to reject Christ or not. We all have some Holy Spirit in us, if we only let it guid the way we could find the righteous path.
Specifically in the case of Muslims they should be aware of the importance of Jesus. Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran, as opposed to Muhammed who is only mentioned 5 times. It's hard to say you didn't know of Jesus as a Muslim.

Its a shame though that all those kids in Africa who have never even heard of Christianity are going to go to hell.

Africa is pretty much devided into Christianity and Islam. In that sense everyone either already accepts Jesus or at least knows of him and has therefore rejected Jesus. This includes the children who have been told lies by their parents. That is exactly why it is so important to spread the message of Christ so that those people can also be saved.
And depending on the innocence of a child I assume that God will not let them be sent to hell, for he is a loving and kind God.
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:15:52 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:16:01 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

What about morals derived from logic?

Can you give me an example of how that would work? How can you have a moral that is bases on logic alone?
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:34:36 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 5:14:24 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 12:07:50 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

I believe it is immoral to kill people. I guess this is a false moral then, thanks for clarifying.

I would say it is false because it is not based on a valid idea. In that sense it is not a moral and more of a personal preference. And that is the problem when you are not with Christ, your "morals" become very arbitrary and it makes it hard to live with others in a peaceful society.

I think murder is wrong because we shouldn't rob other people of life. Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

If you were born in a Muslim country, you would probably be a Muslim, its unlikely you would ever have ended up being Christian.

Your parents would raise you to be a Muslim, that is true. But the question is not how likely you are to become a Christian, the question is do you choose to reject Christ or not. We all have some Holy Spirit in us, if we only let it guid the way we could find the righteous path.
Specifically in the case of Muslims they should be aware of the importance of Jesus. Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran, as opposed to Muhammed who is only mentioned 5 times. It's hard to say you didn't know of Jesus as a Muslim.

Yes, but in probability, you would still end up being a Muslim. Reverse your beliefs, imagine you feel this strongly about Islam. If you grew up in America, do you still think you would end up being Muslim?

Its a shame though that all those kids in Africa who have never even heard of Christianity are going to go to hell.

Africa is pretty much devided into Christianity and Islam. In that sense everyone either already accepts Jesus or at least knows of him and has therefore rejected Jesus. This includes the children who have been told lies by their parents. That is exactly why it is so important to spread the message of Christ so that those people can also be saved.
And depending on the innocence of a child I assume that God will not let them be sent to hell, for he is a loving and kind God.

Yeah, believing god sends every Atheist, Muslim, Hindu etc to hell is dumb.

If you actually think people deserve never ending torture, then you might just be a sociopath.
Meh!
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 6:35:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 5:34:36 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 5:14:24 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 12:07:50 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:23:09 PM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:44:02 PM, Axonly wrote:

It is extremely concerning that you think people need faith in (Your) god to be moral, that just reflects how you view people.

I view them as I view myself. We are all sinners, but there is only one way to salvation and many people havn't found it yet.

God gave us morals and communicated them to us through the Bible. If you reject the Bible then the only morals you have are false morals, or man made morals like in this video.

I believe it is immoral to kill people. I guess this is a false moral then, thanks for clarifying.

I would say it is false because it is not based on a valid idea. In that sense it is not a moral and more of a personal preference. And that is the problem when you are not with Christ, your "morals" become very arbitrary and it makes it hard to live with others in a peaceful society.

I think murder is wrong because we shouldn't rob other people of life. Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

Tell me you how you are right. Why shouldn't you rob other people of life?

If you were born in a Muslim country, you would probably be a Muslim, its unlikely you would ever have ended up being Christian.

Your parents would raise you to be a Muslim, that is true. But the question is not how likely you are to become a Christian, the question is do you choose to reject Christ or not. We all have some Holy Spirit in us, if we only let it guid the way we could find the righteous path.
Specifically in the case of Muslims they should be aware of the importance of Jesus. Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran, as opposed to Muhammed who is only mentioned 5 times. It's hard to say you didn't know of Jesus as a Muslim.

Yes, but in probability, you would still end up being a Muslim. Reverse your beliefs, imagine you feel this strongly about Islam. If you grew up in America, do you still think you would end up being Muslim?

It's not about probability, it's about your choice. Do you choose to reject or accept Christ. I understand that in a Muslim society most children will probably grow up to be Muslims, that doesn't mean they have no other choice. They could choose Christ, but as you mentioned many of them won't.

Its a shame though that all those kids in Africa who have never even heard of Christianity are going to go to hell.

Africa is pretty much devided into Christianity and Islam. In that sense everyone either already accepts Jesus or at least knows of him and has therefore rejected Jesus. This includes the children who have been told lies by their parents. That is exactly why it is so important to spread the message of Christ so that those people can also be saved.
And depending on the innocence of a child I assume that God will not let them be sent to hell, for he is a loving and kind God.

Yeah, believing god sends every Atheist, Muslim, Hindu etc to hell is dumb.

If you actually think people deserve never ending torture, then you might just be a sociopath.

It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?
Meh!
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.
TheWhiteKnight
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 7:12:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
There is no such thing as evolved morality. Morality has to be learned to people. The most moral and advanced countries in the world are christian, because Christianity teaches morality. You don't find morality in muslim countries, you don't find morality in China, you didn't find morality in the atheistic union of soviet socialist republics.
Keep the power away from the government's hands, or it will result in fascism.
TheWhiteKnight
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 7:17:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

I just have to ask you. On your profile it says you are for abortion. How do you explain that to everything you've just written.

Btw, i'm a Christian and i don't believe in hell.
Keep the power away from the government's hands, or it will result in fascism.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 7:40:00 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

Yet you apparently support a god that would let them go there despite having the full ability to prevent it, k.
Meh!
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 7:44:49 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 7:17:12 AM, TheWhiteKnight wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.


I just have to ask you. On your profile it says you are for abortion. How do you explain that to everything you've just written.

Do you believe a raped mother should be forced to set an unwanted child into this world. Do you believe a pregnant woman who is too weak to survive giving birth and is not capable of giving birth to a child that will survive should be condemned to death?

I don't.

Btw, i'm a Christian and i don't believe in hell.

I think if you read the Bible you would see that Jesus decribes hall as reality. Or do you just throw those passeges out of the window?
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:02:37 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 7:40:00 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

Yet you apparently support a god that would let them go there despite having the full ability to prevent it, k.

I don't have the right to judge God.

And in a way yes, God lets them go to hell. He does so because he gave us free will and it woud be wrong for him to force us to choose what pleases him.
He has the ability to prevent it, but tht woud violate our free will and make us into nothering more then biological robots. For us to be human we must poses free will. This includes us making decisions that might not have a good outcome for ourselves.
TheWhiteKnight
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:09:22 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 7:44:49 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:17:12 AM, TheWhiteKnight wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.


I just have to ask you. On your profile it says you are for abortion. How do you explain that to everything you've just written.

Do you believe a raped mother should be forced to set an unwanted child into this world. Do you believe a pregnant woman who is too weak to survive giving birth and is not capable of giving birth to a child that will survive should be condemned to death?

I don't.

Btw, i'm a Christian and i don't believe in hell.

I think if you read the Bible you would see that Jesus decribes hall as reality. Or do you just throw those passeges out of the window?

Jesus teached us to be forgiving and not judgemental. Because only god can judge, but yet you have drawn the line of what type of people are going to hell.
I believe that god is testing us to not be hateful and being open minded. And that even if he tells us that hell exists or if he tells Abraham to kill his own son, i believe that god is testing us and that we need to remember that god wants us to retain our free will that was given to us.

When it comes to abortion... So you believe in abortion for rape and if it's a danger to the mother only?
Well, if it's a danger to the mother's life then the baby should be aborted. It shouldn't be her decision to make, because no woman should have to choose between her life or her unborn baby. The doctor should make the decision of aborting the baby.

When it comes to rape it doesn't change the fact that the baby is a living human being. Murder is wrong, and rape doesn't change that.
Keep the power away from the government's hands, or it will result in fascism.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:18:04 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:02:37 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:40:00 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

Yet you apparently support a god that would let them go there despite having the full ability to prevent it, k.

I don't have the right to judge God.

And in a way yes, God lets them go to hell. He does so because he gave us free will and it woud be wrong for him to force us to choose what pleases him.
He has the ability to prevent it, but tht woud violate our free will and make us into nothering more then biological robots. For us to be human we must poses free will. This includes us making decisions that might not have a good outcome for ourselves.

No, you would think that he would make it so there is no hell.

So god is either a narcissistic sadist or not real, wonder which.
Meh!
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:23:57 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:09:22 AM, TheWhiteKnight wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:44:49 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:17:12 AM, TheWhiteKnight wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.


I just have to ask you. On your profile it says you are for abortion. How do you explain that to everything you've just written.

Do you believe a raped mother should be forced to set an unwanted child into this world. Do you believe a pregnant woman who is too weak to survive giving birth and is not capable of giving birth to a child that will survive should be condemned to death?

I don't.

Btw, i'm a Christian and i don't believe in hell.

I think if you read the Bible you would see that Jesus decribes hall as reality. Or do you just throw those passeges out of the window?

Jesus teached us to be forgiving and not judgemental. Because only god can judge, but yet you have drawn the line of what type of people are going to hell.
I believe that god is testing us to not be hateful and being open minded. And that even if he tells us that hell exists or if he tells Abraham to kill his own son, i believe that god is testing us and that we need to remember that god wants us to retain our free will that was given to us.

It is not me who draws the line, it is not me who judges and it is not me who enforces the consequences. I am only trying to inform people of God's words, communicated to us through the Holy Bible.

When it comes to abortion... So you believe in abortion for rape and if it's a danger to the mother only?
Well, if it's a danger to the mother's life then the baby should be aborted. It shouldn't be her decision to make, because no woman should have to choose between her life or her unborn baby. The doctor should make the decision of aborting the baby.

When it comes to rape it doesn't change the fact that the baby is a living human being. Murder is wrong, and rape doesn't change that.

My point is there are situations in which abortion should be permitted. My second example was not the mother's life vs the baby's life, it was both of their lifes vs only the baby's life.
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:26:06 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:18:04 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 8:02:37 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:40:00 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

Yet you apparently support a god that would let them go there despite having the full ability to prevent it, k.

I don't have the right to judge God.

And in a way yes, God lets them go to hell. He does so because he gave us free will and it woud be wrong for him to force us to choose what pleases him.
He has the ability to prevent it, but tht woud violate our free will and make us into nothering more then biological robots. For us to be human we must poses free will. This includes us making decisions that might not have a good outcome for ourselves.

No, you would think that he would make it so there is no hell.

So god is either a narcissistic sadist or not real, wonder which.

If God doesn't give us a choice, then we don't have free will.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 9:07:48 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:26:06 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 8:18:04 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 8:02:37 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 7:40:00 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:55:30 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 5/10/2016 6:44:37 AM, Axonly wrote:
It's not about what I think, it is not even about what God thinks. Hell is simply the result of a lack of connection with Jesus Christ. God wants everyone to come to heaven, but there are some who reject his offer. They can't be saved because they refuse to accept God's offer.

You really don't care what happens to non-Christians, do you?

Of course I care. If I could I would try and help every single person on this planet find the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.

Imagine you live in a village where everyone thinks it's a good idea to stab themselves in the heart. Just because I try and tell people they will die if they stab themselves does not mean I want them to die. On the contrary, I am trying to warn them of the consequences.

The same goes with hell. Just because I warn people about hell does not mean I want them to go there.

Yet you apparently support a god that would let them go there despite having the full ability to prevent it, k.

I don't have the right to judge God.

And in a way yes, God lets them go to hell. He does so because he gave us free will and it woud be wrong for him to force us to choose what pleases him.
He has the ability to prevent it, but tht woud violate our free will and make us into nothering more then biological robots. For us to be human we must poses free will. This includes us making decisions that might not have a good outcome for ourselves.

No, you would think that he would make it so there is no hell.

So god is either a narcissistic sadist or not real, wonder which.

If God doesn't give us a choice, then we don't have free will.

Ugh.

Why would god create a hell to send the majority of us too?

He can still give us free will in both lives, but there is no person who wants to go to hell, so why have it?

There is literally no way to explain it any clearer than this.
Meh!