Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Is there a limit to the stupidity of a person

Dragon_of_Christ
Posts: 1,293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:14:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?

I used to believe that there were limits, then you started posting and disabused me of that belief...
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:40:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
One of the great mysteries is the limitlessness of human stupidity.

We see this in religious cults, how people can be fanatical for leaders who give completely false prophesies, teach completely unbiblical doctrines, and claim everyone on the planet who doesn't follow them is wrong.

We see this in Liberals who follow Political Correctness, the belief in false things, things that are often glaringly false.
Dragon_of_Christ
Posts: 1,293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:47:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 6:14:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?

I used to believe that there were limits, then you started posting and disabused me of that belief...

Tada!
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 3:19:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
No matter how intelligent you are, nobody knows everything there is to know about every topic. There will always be someone who knows more about something and to that person you will appear stupid. Likewise there are always people who know and understand less about certain topics than you do and they will appear stupid to you. Just don't be too quick to judge. It may seem a person is speaking nonsense but that could be because you lack the intellect to grasp what they are saying. You may be the fool and be the only one who doesn't know it.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 11:51:00 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?
I simply think this is a stupid question with limitless answers. See, that's one more to the tally.
Dragon_of_Christ
Posts: 1,293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 11:54:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 11:51:00 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?
I simply think this is a stupid question with limitless answers. See, that's one more to the tally.

More about stupid logic. XD

Some creationists say stupid thing too but some stupidity should be numbered for teh lulz.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Peepette
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 12:49:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I feel there's a difference between stupidity and ignorance.

Spouting about something a person knows nothing about, making claims without having knowledge. Claiming the Pacific Ocean abuts the east coast; ignorance of a fact.

Stupid having knowledge and failing to change one's ways of thinking or acting. Example: You know you will trip and fall if your shoe laces are untied, but still refuse to tie them, resulting in repeated falls. A simplistic example but can be extrapolated to more complex concepts.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:34:43 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?

Einstein said that two things are unlimited. The depth of people's stupidity and the size of the universe, and he said he wasn't even sure about the second one
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 6:21:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
How do you quantify stupidity?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:08:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity? : :

The limit of stupidity is when you can't understand someone else's story. If their stories ( experiences ) confuse you, then you are too stupid to understand them.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 6:44:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 6:40:16 PM, Rukado wrote:
One of the great mysteries is the limitlessness of human stupidity.

We see this in religious cults, how people can be fanatical for leaders who give completely false prophesies, teach completely unbiblical doctrines, and claim everyone on the planet who doesn't follow them is wrong.

We see this in Liberals who follow Political Correctness, the belief in false things, things that are often glaringly false.

To summarize:

EVERYONE WHO HAS DIFFERENT BELIEFS TO ME IS DUMB, AND I AM THE ONLY SWORD OF TRUTH IN A WORLD OF STUPIDITY.
Meh!
Nivek
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 3:46:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
My views are similar to Furyan. I don't see the benefit of calling others ignorant, whether in the interwebs or in real life. In real life, social conventions are just there to force stubbornness because people are too prideful to admit that they lost. In web debates, you are forced between the social conventions of ignorance and knowledge and less people would actually prefer the former. It's harder to admit that you're wrong because you risk diminishing your social status. It would be better to engage and have your opponent think that you're respecting his view, because at the end of the day, ignorance speaks for itself. Let them advertise it, and let us have our own thoughts on it.
Nivek
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:00:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
In college, here are the exact quotes of a conversation I had. I did a few eavesdrop on a portion of them as well.

"Why do you like philosophy? It seems as if you guys have too much wild analogies and can't you guys just get along? You guys are like barking at the wrong tree because you often create too much absurd analogies"

and another while I was having telescopic observations.

"What's the point of you learning previous astronomers and of their work? I tried to read *gives title of a previous astronomer's book* and he seems to be really really outdated when it comes to math and science. If so? Why do you read them? Aren't you wasting your time by reading these things? Shouldn't you be doing something else?"

And one on anthropology

"What the f*ck is with you wanting to purify races back to where we came from? Are you suggesting us to have a 30 year lifespan without all the medicine? Are you guys insane?"

These may not be indicative of stupidity but it does indicate a certain degree of ignorance. Instead of calling them "Well, how stupid of you to think that" or "You're fcking too moronic for me to take seriously" I think we should just approach their doubts in a calm fashion. Antagonizing the flustered only makes it worse so if the goal is to alleviate ignorance, it would be best to give them answers. To deprive them or to circle jerk them into social status isn't going to work. Studies often show that students lack long term planning, mainly because we are too pressurized to fit the social norm. So instead of feeding the endless wave of societal pressure, we should isolate ourselves and conduct ourselves in a more meaningful way. That meaningful way would be to give them actual answers on why we think as usually not the case. I see no point in name calling others.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 1:51:10 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 11:54:17 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
At 5/16/2016 11:51:00 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?
I simply think this is a stupid question with limitless answers. See, that's one more to the tally.

More about stupid logic. XD

Some creationists say stupid thing too but some stupidity should be numbered for teh lulz.
Lol, how about a pun.....stop dragon your intellect around, jump on and ride it.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 2:07:58 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?

Absolutely not, there is no limit to how stupid a person can be. The stupid outnumber the smart 100 to 1. You can always tell a stupid person by the way they regurgitate rather than form self originating ideas and opinions. Stupid people are lemmings.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 2:08:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 2:07:58 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:
Even if the person is reall controlled and sound thinking, in the right circumstances can this be breeched by the infinite potential for human stupidity?

Absolutely not, there is no limit to how stupid a person can be. The stupid outnumber the smart 100 to 1. You can always tell a stupid person by the way they regurgitate rather than form self originating ideas and opinions. Stupid people are lemmings.

Group think is the highest form of stupidity.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 4:46:32 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
It all depends on what you refer to as stupidity. On a scientific basis, there most definitely is a limit as to how stupid a person can be, as the very least that a functioning human will know is what they have been born with understanding. On the other hand, from a basis of human perception, there cannot be a limit.The existence of feminists, Communists, and those who find that a wage gap exists are examples of never-ending human stupidity.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 2:24:47 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 4:46:32 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It all depends on what you refer to as stupidity. On a scientific basis, there most definitely is a limit as to how stupid a person can be, as the very least that a functioning human will know is what they have been born with understanding. On the other hand, from a basis of human perception, there cannot be a limit.The existence of feminists, Communists, and those who find that a wage gap exists are examples of never-ending human stupidity.

Stupid is as stupid does, stupidity can't rocket science it cant be anything else but stupid no matter what. Stupid is stupid.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 2:32:52 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/23/2016 2:24:47 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/22/2016 4:46:32 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It all depends on what you refer to as stupidity. On a scientific basis, there most definitely is a limit as to how stupid a person can be, as the very least that a functioning human will know is what they have been born with understanding. On the other hand, from a basis of human perception, there cannot be a limit.The existence of feminists, Communists, and those who find that a wage gap exists are examples of never-ending human stupidity.

Stupid is as stupid does, stupidity can't rocket science it cant be anything else but stupid no matter what. Stupid is stupid.

Fair enough,
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:23:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/23/2016 2:32:52 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/23/2016 2:24:47 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/22/2016 4:46:32 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It all depends on what you refer to as stupidity. On a scientific basis, there most definitely is a limit as to how stupid a person can be, as the very least that a functioning human will know is what they have been born with understanding. On the other hand, from a basis of human perception, there cannot be a limit.The existence of feminists, Communists, and those who find that a wage gap exists are examples of never-ending human stupidity.

Stupid is as stupid does, stupidity can't rocket science it cant be anything else but stupid no matter what. Stupid is stupid.

Fair enough,

Correction "can't be" Many will call me stupid in the grammar Nazi world. But only stupid people judge people based on a grammar or spelling mistake.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%