Jump to topic:

A Great Perspective on Life.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 5:46:03 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
While going through some trials, and tribulations, I came up with some of my own secrets on how to have a better perception on life.

In life, we go through many trials, and tribulations, which can totally change our view points on life, they may make us feel worthless, and helpless, and sometimes, we feel as if the whole word is out to get us, which leads (me at least) to disliking the people around me, and distancing myself from those I love.

First thing I had to realize:

Happiness is often a choice.

When life comes and sweeps us off our feet, we have the choice to stay on the ground, where people will coddle you. Or to get back up, and have people inspired by you. It's not easy, but change never is.

Complaining will make us complacent

It might make you feel better, but it"ll do so at the cost of doing something to change the situation.

Social media is a community, not a showcase In your life.

I've had quite a few struggles this one. So many times, we go to social media, to find acceptance, because we can't get it in our own personal life's, or we go out there to look for compliments, or to complain, just to hear from someone "everything will be okay". Social media can become a dictator in your life, it can draw you away from your family, and friends. It"s funny, but the less we go to social media to validate and prove ourselves, the better the space becomes for everyone on it.

There is grace in being where you are

So many times, we think to ourselves, "why am I here?" "Why am I still living?". Believe it or not, there is a hidden blessing in your situation, you just have to dig to find it. :)

Passion and Envy

You don't get anywhere when you're constantly comparing yourself to other, more successful people. Use that time instead to cultivate your passion into something world-changing. (Like for me, volunteering at an animal shelter) :)

Latch onto hope anywhere you can find it

When life comes crashing down on you, you'll need something to latch onto, to bring you back up to the surface. Whether that be church, family, friends or love.

I hope I was able to encourage some of you, feel free to share your own secrets on how to have a better perception on life.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
SJM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:52:59 AM
Don't you get yourself somewhere when being envious of others and wanting to be just like them? Thus improving yourself. Desiring to have what someone else has, makes you want to strive for that possession.
Hitler- If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Stalin- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

Machiavelli- It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Ivan the Terrible- "I will not see the destruction of the Christian converts who are loyal to me, and to my last breath I will fight for the Orthodox faith
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:47:31 PM
At 6/29/2016 2:44:45 AM, TUF wrote:
Nice post

Thanks.

What are some of your perspectives?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:49:35 PM
At 6/29/2016 5:52:59 AM, SJM wrote:
Don't you get yourself somewhere when being envious of others and wanting to be just like them? Thus improving yourself. Desiring to have what someone else has, makes you want to strive for that possession.

In my sight, no.

You can be envious, and jealous all you want of someone, and try to be like them. But, you only lose sight of yourself. You're trying to be someone else, someone you weren't meant to be, and it can totally mess up your life..

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:49:47 AM
At 6/29/2016 3:47:31 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Nice post

Thanks.

too lazy to post them
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:08:17 AM
At 6/30/2016 3:49:47 AM, TUF wrote:
At 6/29/2016 3:47:31 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Nice post

Thanks.

too lazy to post them

Of course.

MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:10:35 PM
Trials and tribulations are the dictations to lives being tested and judged. Yet those judging me, slam the gavel only to themselves. It is I that can only be the judge to myself. To know me is to become me. To become me is to wish to be no other person besides me. In knowing this, I have proven a flaw to those running me through this maze of experience, as experience can be the only true teacher. Yet preach on preachers, are these teachers still testing me, and I get it. Life to me is about given rather expecting to receive. It is to know that those giving the most will receive in the end, the most. So what am I now to do? A guy rides up to me on his bike, and barely able to recite his lines he tells me a story. So I gave him all that I could, and in this instance my generosity was legitimate. But other times my given has been forced by an ego pretending good will. Other times my selfishness has been misrepresented. So here I stand withdrawn from society, only to masquerade my values to social medias made of stone. Born now to compassionate rage, I am rusting iron and galvanized steel. I am now a Super Maiden looking to help and destroy nothing. I stay now banished inside the opened grave that is the kryptonite of my head
AtheistBrony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 3:41:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/4/2016 7:10:35 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Trials and tribulations are the dictations to lives being tested and judged. Yet those judging me, slam the gavel only to themselves. It is I that can only be the judge to myself. To know me is to become me. To become me is to wish to be no other person besides me. In knowing this, I have proven a flaw to those running me through this maze of experience, as experience can be the only true teacher. Yet preach on preachers, are these teachers still testing me, and I get it. Life to me is about given rather expecting to receive. It is to know that those giving the most will receive in the end, the most. So what am I now to do? A guy rides up to me on his bike, and barely able to recite his lines he tells me a story. So I gave him all that I could, and in this instance my generosity was legitimate. But other times my given has been forced by an ego pretending good will. Other times my selfishness has been misrepresented. So here I stand withdrawn from society, only to masquerade my values to social medias made of stone. Born now to compassionate rage, I am rusting iron and galvanized steel. I am now a Super Maiden looking to help and destroy nothing. I stay now banished inside the opened grave that is the kryptonite of my head

Or so you have judged.
They say they want to save people from hell, but I see them trying to save people with hell. They deny science when on a computer. They say the bible is metaphors for some parts and not others, and follow some parts and not others. They believe their culture more than their bible they supposedly follow, and will deny any contradictions of the bible. Then say we are the dishonest ones? Since we don't believe in a deity which is equally as convincing as any other then god made the devil knowingly?