Jump to topic:

The Most Dangerous Emotion

HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:44:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
What is the most dangerous emotion in your opinion?

I think that fear can be a very dangerous emotion. Fear makes people do hideous things. Fear can control people.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:58:48 PM
At 7/16/2016 10:44:16 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

I think that fear can be a very dangerous emotion. Fear makes people do hideous things. Fear can control people.

In combination with pain, fear also keeps you alive. The most dangerous one is probably greed. It can easily drive people to things better left unsaid.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:02:39 PM
At 7/16/2016 10:58:48 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:

In combination with pain, fear also keeps you alive. The most dangerous one is probably greed. It can easily drive people to things better left unsaid.

Greed makes you hoard and take. It makes you so obsessed with what you have and what you don't have that you are not yourself.
Fear destroys you from the inside. It can make a traitor, murderer, liar, coward, etc. of you. Fear is usually more dangerous. Depends on how big your fear is.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:08:42 PM
At 7/16/2016 11:02:39 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 10:58:48 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:

Greed makes you hoard and take. It makes you so obsessed with what you have and what you don't have that you are not yourself.
Fear destroys you from the inside. It can make a traitor, murderer, liar, coward, etc. of you. Fear is usually more dangerous. Depends on how big your fear is.

Letting greed go unchecked can also destroy you from the inside. Wether for money, power, status, objects, pleasure, or even people, let greed fester long enough and it will do all those as well.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:30:24 AM

I think blind fury/rage
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:17:16 AM

https://www.scotthyoung.com...
SJM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:18:33 AM

Powerlessness
Hitler- If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Stalin- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

Machiavelli- It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Ivan the Terrible- "I will not see the destruction of the Christian converts who are loyal to me, and to my last breath I will fight for the Orthodox faith
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:27:48 AM
All of them.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:30:08 AM

Suicidal depression.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:33:23 AM

Emotions are only dangerous when combined with making decisions. Emotions are deadly in the decision making arena. Untold millions have died because of people using their emotions to make decisions.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:42:04 AM
At 7/17/2016 3:33:23 AM, sadolite wrote:

Emotions are only dangerous when combined with making decisions. Emotions are deadly in the decision making arena. Untold millions have died because of people using their emotions to make decisions.

You can read stories about WW2 about people turning in their neighbours because they were scared of the Germans and wanted to look trust worthy to the Germans.
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 6:31:35 AM
Pride.

~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 6:34:58 AM
Love, bruv.

Nothing creates or destroys as wholly or as expeditiously.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 10:29:34 PM

True.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 11:05:09 PM
At 7/17/2016 10:29:34 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:

True.

I just want to punch people in the face when they say they made decision on something that is going to affect my life directly and financially based on how they feel about something. I mean I just want to smash their face in. It always turns out bad. And then they add insult to injury and say "My intentions were good" Oh man then my blood just boils over and I want to kill them. You are the road to hell.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 11:27:41 PM

There are no dangerous emotions.
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 7:34:03 AM

I think anger. It spurs most wars, conflicts, and aggressions. It creates hostility against a certain thing or person. It ends in death, sorrow, and pain.