Jump to topic:

Change

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:39:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
In my opinion who ever said that you should not fear change was a ignorant naive imbecile who lived a sheltered opulent life with no understanding of human nature or the evils that live in this world. Just my opinion. I hate the change I have seen and fear it almost as much as being condemned to hell. They can take that philosophy and shove where the sun don't shine.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 2:10:30 AM
At 7/18/2016 10:39:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
In my opinion who ever said that you should not fear change was a ignorant naive imbecile who lived a sheltered opulent life with no understanding of human nature or the evils that live in this world. Just my opinion. I hate the change I have seen and fear it almost as much as being condemned to hell. They can take that philosophy and shove where the sun don't shine.

sadolite's fears from greatest to least.
1. Convoluted Logic
2. Hell
3. Change
4. The Theory Of Existence
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 2:49:04 AM
At 7/19/2016 2:10:30 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

1. Convoluted Logic
2. Hell
3. Change

See my PM
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 2:59:56 AM
At 7/19/2016 2:49:04 AM, sadolite wrote:

1. Convoluted Logic
2. Hell
3. Change

See my PM

What is your PM?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 3:06:53 AM
At 7/19/2016 2:59:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/19/2016 2:49:04 AM, sadolite wrote:

1. Convoluted Logic
2. Hell
3. Change

See my PM

What is your PM?

If you respond to my posts anymore for no other purpose than to be a condescending fuking ashole I will have you banned for harassment. You have been warned. I have reported this post so it is on record with the moderators.

HarveyMeale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 3:49:53 AM

Why is your opinion as it is? What benefit does fearing change as opposed to embracing it have?

And why are you so upset?
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 7:03:30 AM

What if the status quo is evil? You still wouldn't want change?

In fact, what exactly are you saying? You state that someone who experienced human nature and the evils of the world wouldn't argue for change?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 8:17:44 PM

+1 (with some rare exceptions).
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 9:12:06 PM
At 7/21/2016 7:03:30 AM, n7 wrote:

In fact, what exactly are you saying? You state that someone who experienced human nature and the evils of the world wouldn't argue for change?

"What if the status quo is evil?" What if it isn't? You can argue for change for you and you alone. Don't involve me in your ideas of what good change is. Your idea of positive change is most likely hell for me. People who don't fear change never had anything to lose.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 10:59:08 PM
At 7/21/2016 9:12:06 PM, sadolite wrote:

"What if the status quo is evil?" What if it isn't? You can argue for change for you and you alone. Don't involve me in your ideas of what good change is. Your idea of positive change is most likely hell for me. People who don't fear change never had anything to lose.

Then there'd be no need for change, you're the one claiming we ought to fear change. And I'm not stating there should always be change. Who exactly states we should change just for the sake of change? People see change as making things better and in some case it might be correct. What if you could make a change for something better overall, would you do it?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 9:02:30 PM
At 7/21/2016 10:59:08 PM, n7 wrote:

Then there'd be no need for change, you're the one claiming we ought to fear change. And I'm not stating there should always be change. Who exactly states we should change just for the sake of change? People see change as making things better and in some case it might be correct. What if you could make a change for something better overall, would you do it?

Oh but you are so wrong, The ten commandments was displayed in all public schools since the country was founded. But we needed to change that. Whats wrong with the ten commandments What is evil about the ten commandments. I could make a list a mile long of things that were not broken or evil that were changed and ruined entire demographics of people and killed many others. All in the name of change. i would never presume that any change that I would make that would affect other people would be good ever. I don't know whats best for anyone but myself.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 9:51:07 PM

I can somewhat agree with this, though probably on a much smaller scale. Once I'm used to something, I like to stick with it, and often times the thought of switching, or actually switching, to something else gives me a strange feeling of anxiety, depending on what it is. If I switch and get used to it, after a while it won't mean anything to me, other than whether I like the change or not, but during the initial change, I often feel a ping of anxiety about it for some reason.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 12:11:19 AM
At 7/22/2016 9:51:07 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I can somewhat agree with this, though probably on a much smaller scale. Once I'm used to something, I like to stick with it, and often times the thought of switching, or actually switching, to something else gives me a strange feeling of anxiety, depending on what it is. If I switch and get used to it, after a while it won't mean anything to me, other than whether I like the change or not, but during the initial change, I often feel a ping of anxiety about it for some reason.

There is a difference between change and trying new things. Change means getting rid of something and replacing it with something else. Trying new things lets you try it and reject it if you don't like it and go back to what you like. Many people confuse the two. When it comes to govt and society , there is no trying a new idea, there is only change for the sake of change and if you don't like the change tough sht.. You will do what you are told or face prosecution, fines or imprisonment.

Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 11:33:39 PM

I guess it depends on circumstances you are in when you consider change.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:17:38 AM
At 7/23/2016 11:33:39 PM, Heterodox wrote:

Ya but nobody ever says that they say "don't fear change" OH ya, well I will fear it almost as much as being condemned to hell when someone says it especially someone who works for govt.

Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:43:45 AM
At 7/24/2016 12:17:38 AM, sadolite wrote:

Ya but nobody ever says that they say "don't fear change" OH ya, well I will fear it almost as much as being condemned to hell when someone says it especially someone who works for govt.

I don't think I've ever had someone personally say to me, "don't fear change". I've had people say, "sometimes change is good", but that has the noticeable implication that sometimes it's not good.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:47:13 AM

You know I have respect for you Sadolite because you are true to yourself, and are skilled in your vocation and hobbies. I just wanna know why you don't think that Trump will "change" things (not that I support Hillary - I don't)? I really don't think that the changes (that those of us who have faced injustice within the system desire), are changes that will harm any family man like yourself, who is self sustaining. You may be correct that the government would target self made successful people like yourself, to try to appease those of us who seek justice. I just want you to know that I doubt that the majority of the people who seek change, would desire for you to lose any of the things that you have earned.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 2:13:16 AM
At 7/22/2016 9:02:30 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh but you are so wrong, The ten commandments was displayed in all public schools since the country was founded. But we needed to change that. Whats wrong with the ten commandments What is evil about the ten commandments. I could make a list a mile long of things that were not broken or evil that were changed and ruined entire demographics of people and killed many others. All in the name of change. i would never presume that any change that I would make that would affect other people would be good ever. I don't know whats best for anyone but myself.

It only seems like you fear change that is ideologically opposed to you. There had to be change to implement public schools and there had to be change for the founding of America. Seems self refuting to argue against change then cite things which required change as good.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 11:35:12 AM
At 7/24/2016 2:13:16 AM, n7 wrote:
At 7/22/2016 9:02:30 PM, sadolite wrote:

It only seems like you fear change that is ideologically opposed to you. There had to be change to implement public schools and there had to be change for the founding of America. Seems self refuting to argue against change then cite things which required change as good.

See you prove my point , what you think is good change, others think is bad.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 11:43:42 AM
At 7/24/2016 12:47:13 AM, Emmarie wrote:

You know I have respect for you Sadolite because you are true to yourself, and are skilled in your vocation and hobbies. I just wanna know why you don't think that Trump will "change" things (not that I support Hillary - I don't)? I really don't think that the changes (that those of us who have faced injustice within the system desire), are changes that will harm any family man like yourself, who is self sustaining. You may be correct that the government would target self made successful people like yourself, to try to appease those of us who seek justice. I just want you to know that I doubt that the majority of the people who seek change, would desire for you to lose any of the things that you have earned.

I fear change, I never said things would not change. I also never said all change is bad. If Trump makes changes that don't affect my life then all I can do is thank god they didn't. If he does make changes and they do affect my life all I can do is pay the price. Govt can do nothing to improve my lot in life but only harm it. If Trump makes changes they will only harm me or have no affect. I fear that his changes will harm me but pray they don't. The same goes for anyone.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:00:42 PM
At 7/24/2016 11:43:42 AM, sadolite wrote:

I fear change, I never said things would not change. I also never said all change is bad. If Trump makes changes that don't affect my life then all I can do is thank god they didn't. If he does make changes and they do affect my life all I can do is pay the price. Govt can do nothing to improve my lot in life but only harm it. If Trump makes changes they will only harm me or have no affect. I fear that his changes will harm me but pray they don't. The same goes for anyone.

Just wanted to add this, I will vote for Trump not because I think his ideas of what to change will help me if implemented but rather are less likely to harm me or have no affect. Hillary on the other hand will implement changes that I know will harm me if she is able to implement them. I have 20 years of History to look at of Hillary Clinton in Washington. Donald Trump is an unknown and thus I have a 50/50 chance of not being harmed if he is elected. Where as with Hillary I have a 100% chance of being harmed if she is elected.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 4:52:10 PM

" I doubt that the majority of the people who seek change, would desire for you to lose any of the things that you have earned."

Um ya right, half the of this countries population believe they are "ENTITLED" to a portion of what I have earned. Govt does not have money to pay those people, they take it from me and people like me or they barrow it on the backs of future generation plus interest. So ya a lot of people want to take what I have earned, they are entitled to it.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 5:23:29 PM
At 7/24/2016 4:52:10 PM, sadolite wrote:

" I doubt that the majority of the people who seek change, would desire for you to lose any of the things that you have earned."

Um ya right, half the of this countries population believe they are "ENTITLED" to a portion of what I have earned. Govt does not have money to pay those people, they take it from me and people like me or they barrow it on the backs of future generation plus interest. So ya a lot of people want to take what I have earned, they are entitled to it.

I said they wouldn't want you to lose anything you have earned, meaning anything that is already in your possession, and I also doubt that they would want to see you burdened with more taxes. What I'd like, is for them to stop bailing out and giving subsidies to wealthy corporations. It annoys me way more that my hard earned tax dollars are benefiting wealthy CEOs than families who are feeding their kids.

Let me put something in perspective for you. Corporate "welfare" accounts for more of the money you earned being taken out of your pocket than programs that are designed to help the needy. http://thinkbynumbers.org...
This link explains how with farm subsidies for example the wealthier the farmer, the more "dole" he gets, "When it comes to deciding how to dole out the money, the agricultural subsidy system utilizes a process that is essentially the opposite of that used in the social welfare system"s welfare system. In the corporate welfare system, the more money and assets you have, the more government assistance you get." How does this even make sense?

I agree that some people are looking for handouts, but the majority of people who receive government assistance, are working families with dependents, who are barely sustaining themselves. Not everyone has opportunities for advancement. Some of us are arbitrarily looked over because of our race, race of our family members, cultural affiliations, or gender, even when we out produce our co-workers who fit the criteria that the boss gives credence to. Since my sons graduated from HS, I no longer receive any kind of assistance, and it is a quite liberating feeling, but to those who still have dependents, and are working to sustain themselves, I have no problem with my tax dollars going to assist them, but corporate welfare infuriates me!

Here's another link of where the money you earn actually goes. http://www.truth-out.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 5:43:19 PM
I think the idea behind not fearing change is that change is both inevitable and constant, so there's no point in fearing it any more than fearing, say, your own heart beating. Having said that, things can change for the worst and there are certainly changes worth fearing, but that's not quite the same as fearing the abstract notion of "change" holistically.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.