Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Nothing . . .

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 9:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Nothing must be something for we have given it a name, yet what is nothing since nothing is not observable for everywhere there is something, you can't answer vacuum for it is an observable phenomenon and if it is observable it is something . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 9:31:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 9:29:43 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Nothing must be something for we have given it a name, yet what is nothing since nothing is not observable for everywhere there is something, you can't answer vacuum for it is an observable phenomenon and if it is observable it is something . . .

You can observe a lack of something. Such as darkness, which is a lack of light.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 9:42:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 9:31:47 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/2/2011 9:29:43 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Nothing must be something for we have given it a name, yet what is nothing since nothing is not observable for everywhere there is something, you can't answer vacuum for it is an observable phenomenon and if it is observable it is something . . .

You can observe a lack of something. Such as darkness, which is a lack of light.

Ah but that is still something hence not nothing . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 10:10:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 9:29:43 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Nothing must be something for we have given it a name

It is a term denoting a concept, not a term denoting a thing. Not all concepts are existential objects and as a concept, nothingness is defined via lack of, not constituted of.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 11:31:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 9:29:43 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Nothing must be something for we have given it a name, yet what is nothing since nothing is not observable for everywhere there is something, you can't answer vacuum for it is an observable phenomenon and if it is observable it is something . . .

We can give a name to the CONCEPT of "nothing", we can work with the IDEA of "zero". We reference the concept of these things.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.