Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The fear of death.

iloveu
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 10:18:00 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Give it a rest BoG
iloveu
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 10:54:35 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 10:18:00 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?


Give it a rest BoG : :

Do you know how many members derail my threads in this forum? I was banned because of members like you who would constantly derail every thread I made comments in.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 5:38:18 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 10:54:35 AM, iloveu wrote:
At 8/24/2016 10:18:00 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?


Give it a rest BoG : :

Do you know how many members derail my threads in this forum? I was banned because of members like you who would constantly derail every thread I made comments in.

I completely understand your complaint about threads being derailed by those who can't just stop at disagreeing with you. How do you, or them for that matter, get banned for it? I think you're opening up to it by posting on these forums.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Jucalion
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 9:11:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Life is an experience.

Death is the end of experience.

Speculating on what that last experience might be, does nothing to increase the joy of the experience now, so wait for the future to reveal what your last experience will be and you will probably be more surprised than afraid when it comes.
David_Debates
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing.
keithprosser
Posts: 1,939
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:00:47 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Is this about getting the right balance between taking risks and having fun or is it about coming to terms with the fact we will all die?

On the issue of the former, obviously if you don't take any risks you are likely to have a dull life, but if you take too many risks you will eventually get caught out. Balance is everything.

What seems to be true is that people are not very good at estimating risk. Professional risk takers - like sky divers - take great precautions to avoid risk. Casual thrill seekers are often driven not by any absence of any fear of death than the misguided notion that nothing bad will happen to them - accidents only happen to 'other people'.

On the other other matter - our ultimate oblivion - I have no current opinion. I am unlikely to die anytime soon so I don't know how I will handle it when the time comes. I may well fall to pieces. I won't know until it happens.
Capital
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 11:44:24 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Consider yourself....derailed
Im not a Nazi
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 11:46:12 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 5:38:18 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 8/24/2016 10:54:35 AM, iloveu wrote:
At 8/24/2016 10:18:00 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?


Give it a rest BoG : :

Do you know how many members derail my threads in this forum? I was banned because of members like you who would constantly derail every thread I made comments in.

I completely understand your complaint about threads being derailed by those who can't just stop at disagreeing with you. How do you, or them for that matter, get banned for it? I think you're opening up to it by posting on these forums. : :

I'll open up a new thread where we can discuss "derailing threads". For now, this thread is about the fear of death and living life without fearing death. What thoughts do you have about the topic of this thread?
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 11:48:37 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:11:37 PM, Jucalion wrote:
Life is an experience.

Death is the end of experience.

So you don't believe that death is only a momentary experience of what we will experience in the future?

Speculating on what that last experience might be, does nothing to increase the joy of the experience now, so wait for the future to reveal what your last experience will be and you will probably be more surprised than afraid when it comes.
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 11:55:34 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 9:00:47 AM, keithprosser wrote:
Is this about getting the right balance between taking risks and having fun or is it about coming to terms with the fact we will all die?

On the issue of the former, obviously if you don't take any risks you are likely to have a dull life, but if you take too many risks you will eventually get caught out. Balance is everything.

What seems to be true is that people are not very good at estimating risk. Professional risk takers - like sky divers - take great precautions to avoid risk. Casual thrill seekers are often driven not by any absence of any fear of death than the misguided notion that nothing bad will happen to them - accidents only happen to 'other people'.

On the other other matter - our ultimate oblivion - I have no current opinion. I am unlikely to die anytime soon so I don't know how I will handle it when the time comes. I may well fall to pieces. I won't know until it happens. : :

I can see that you have no fear of death and like most people, you weigh the risk of getting injured or even getting killed before you get involved in some activity. How do you feel about driving an automobile or motorcycled in heavy traffic?
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 12:15:40 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

I don't really think about death, especially since I'm still fairly young. Rather, instead of fearing death, I more of fear simply hurting myself (not like self-harm, but doing something like long-boarding and breaking my arm), and even that doesn't really stop me either...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 6:22:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 12:15:40 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

I don't really think about death, especially since I'm still fairly young. Rather, instead of fearing death, I more of fear simply hurting myself (not like self-harm, but doing something like long-boarding and breaking my arm), and even that doesn't really stop me either... : :

I know people who are so afraid to die that they're restricted from most activities, even driving a car, riding a bike, or simple things that we usually take for granted.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 6:23:19 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 6:22:32 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 12:15:40 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

I don't really think about death, especially since I'm still fairly young. Rather, instead of fearing death, I more of fear simply hurting myself (not like self-harm, but doing something like long-boarding and breaking my arm), and even that doesn't really stop me either... : :

I know people who are so afraid to die that they're restricted from most activities, even driving a car, riding a bike, or simple things that we usually take for granted.

I couldn't handle being that afraid of death XP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 8:48:00 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 6:23:19 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/25/2016 6:22:32 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 12:15:40 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

I don't really think about death, especially since I'm still fairly young. Rather, instead of fearing death, I more of fear simply hurting myself (not like self-harm, but doing something like long-boarding and breaking my arm), and even that doesn't really stop me either... : :

I know people who are so afraid to die that they're restricted from most activities, even driving a car, riding a bike, or simple things that we usually take for granted.

I couldn't handle being that afraid of death XP : :

Me either.
David_Debates
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 8:49:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.

Yes, but all the precautions we take stem from a fear of death. The reason airbags were created was because we were scared of dying. The reason we aren't scared of the common cold killing us today is because someone a long time ago was, and because of this fear of death, he developed a cure.

Fear of death seems to make society safer, wouldn't you say? After all, if fear of death did not exist, these safety precautions would not exist.
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 8:54:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 8:49:53 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.

Yes, but all the precautions we take stem from a fear of death. The reason airbags were created was because we were scared of dying. The reason we aren't scared of the common cold killing us today is because someone a long time ago was, and because of this fear of death, he developed a cure.

I have never done anything in my life fearing death except for drinking alcohol to the point where I thought I was going to die. That was the worst experience I have ever dealt with.

Fear of death seems to make society safer, wouldn't you say? After all, if fear of death did not exist, these safety precautions would not exist. : :

I don't think too many people are thinking of dying while they're driving their cars down the road or smoking cigarettes or swimming in a lake. I believe most of them are having many other kinds of thoughts that don't include death.
David_Debates
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 8:56:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 8:54:53 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:49:53 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.

Yes, but all the precautions we take stem from a fear of death. The reason airbags were created was because we were scared of dying. The reason we aren't scared of the common cold killing us today is because someone a long time ago was, and because of this fear of death, he developed a cure.

I have never done anything in my life fearing death except for drinking alcohol to the point where I thought I was going to die. That was the worst experience I have ever dealt with.

Would you agree that this fear of death may have saved you from it?

If so, would you call that fear good?


Fear of death seems to make society safer, wouldn't you say? After all, if fear of death did not exist, these safety precautions would not exist. : :

I don't think too many people are thinking of dying while they're driving their cars down the road or smoking cigarettes or swimming in a lake. I believe most of them are having many other kinds of thoughts that don't include death.

And the reason why they need not have these fears is because of the fear of others. The fear of the others before them created safety. Did you read my argument?
partsman
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:00:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 8:56:44 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:54:53 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:49:53 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.

Yes, but all the precautions we take stem from a fear of death. The reason airbags were created was because we were scared of dying. The reason we aren't scared of the common cold killing us today is because someone a long time ago was, and because of this fear of death, he developed a cure.

I have never done anything in my life fearing death except for drinking alcohol to the point where I thought I was going to die. That was the worst experience I have ever dealt with.

Would you agree that this fear of death may have saved you from it?

No. I would have drank myself to death. It was the voice of God that removed my desire to drink alcohol until my body died.

If so, would you call that fear good?

It was good enough to get me to the lowest point of my life before God intervened with his voice and removal of my very strong desire to keep drinking alcohol.

Fear of death seems to make society safer, wouldn't you say? After all, if fear of death did not exist, these safety precautions would not exist. : :

I don't think too many people are thinking of dying while they're driving their cars down the road or smoking cigarettes or swimming in a lake. I believe most of them are having many other kinds of thoughts that don't include death.

And the reason why they need not have these fears is because of the fear of others. The fear of the others before them created safety. Did you read my argument?
David_Debates
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:21:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/25/2016 9:00:05 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:56:44 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:54:53 PM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 8:49:53 PM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/25/2016 11:51:54 AM, partsman wrote:
At 8/25/2016 3:12:32 AM, David_Debates wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Death is inevitable. Fear of death, however, is simply being cautious of things that may cause death. I don't see it as a problem. It is fear of death that stops me from eating a berry that may be poisonous, for example. Absence of any fear is a very, very bad thing. : :

Isn't fearing death different then fearing getting hurt by some activity we experience? I never think I'm going to die by going twice the speed limit on a highway but if I have an accident, it's possible I could die or get badly hurt. However, I don't even think about getting badly hurt, either.

Yes, but all the precautions we take stem from a fear of death. The reason airbags were created was because we were scared of dying. The reason we aren't scared of the common cold killing us today is because someone a long time ago was, and because of this fear of death, he developed a cure.

I have never done anything in my life fearing death except for drinking alcohol to the point where I thought I was going to die. That was the worst experience I have ever dealt with.

Would you agree that this fear of death may have saved you from it?

No. I would have drank myself to death. It was the voice of God that removed my desire to drink alcohol until my body died.

So, if I understand you correctly, it was somehow a fear of death that caused you to drink dangerous amounts of alcohol, right?

I see that as an excuse for your past actions that you made after your actions had consequences.

If so, would you call that fear good?

It was good enough to get me to the lowest point of my life before God intervened with his voice and removal of my very strong desire to keep drinking alcohol.

How did fear of death cause you to drink?


Fear of death seems to make society safer, wouldn't you say? After all, if fear of death did not exist, these safety precautions would not exist. : :

I don't think too many people are thinking of dying while they're driving their cars down the road or smoking cigarettes or swimming in a lake. I believe most of them are having many other kinds of thoughts that don't include death.

And the reason why they need not have these fears is because of the fear of others. The fear of the others before them created safety. Did you read my argument?
ANON_TacTiX
Posts: 460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 6:50:52 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Life is an amazingly complex thing and not to be taken for granted. Life is short and finite, and once yours is up, that is it. Nothing, nonexistence. So live your life to the fullest. Do something. Make the world a better place. So long as you lead a full and happy life, there is no reason to fear death. Live with no regrets and when your time comes, go out with a smile on your face.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying.
rcreynolds
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 3:49:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?

I believe it's unlikely but not impossible.
rcreynolds
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 3:50:51 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 3:49:28 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?

I believe it's unlikely but not impossible. : :

So you don't believe in biblical prophecies?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 3:56:41 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 3:50:51 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:49:28 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?

I believe it's unlikely but not impossible. : :

So you don't believe in biblical prophecies?

No.
rcreynolds
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:06:29 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 3:56:41 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:50:51 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:49:28 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?

I believe it's unlikely but not impossible. : :

So you don't believe in biblical prophecies?

No. : :

Where do you get your information from about the possibility that there could be such a thing as eternal life?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:12:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 4:06:29 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:56:41 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:50:51 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:49:28 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/27/2016 3:04:44 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
At 8/27/2016 1:29:16 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 8/24/2016 9:41:08 AM, iloveu wrote:
I would rather live life without fearing death than live life fearing everything that causes death.

What do you think of life and death?

Fear of the inevitable is irrational. I believe our fear of death stems from two things. Fear of the unknown and watching how adults react to death, during our early developmental years. We see adults crying and therefore see death as a bad thing. Vikings celebrated death on the battlefield and through this behaviour, their children never feared death on the battlefield.

Well that's my take on it. Personally I find the idea of eternal life far scarier than the idea of dying. : :

Do you believe in eternal life since you mentioned it?

I believe it's unlikely but not impossible. : :

So you don't believe in biblical prophecies?

No. : :

Where do you get your information from about the possibility that there could be such a thing as eternal life?

Observation of medical and technological advancements and the speed at which humans are progressing lead me to believe that we could unlock the secrets to immortality or create virtual life within the next thousand years. Probably sooner.