Jump to topic:

Quantum realism by Brian Whitworth

Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 12:33:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Brian Whitworth has written several good papers on why reality is virtual rather than physical.

Have any of you read his stuff? I would link the paper but it's a PDF.

If you just Google "Brian whitworth" the second link is to a PDF called "the physical world as a virtual reality" and in the paper he lists 15 arguments as to how our current understanding of quantum mechanics and physics infers a virtual reality.
wuliheron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 5:45:24 PM
At 8/26/2016 12:33:20 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
Brian Whitworth has written several good papers on why reality is virtual rather than physical.

If you just Google "Brian whitworth" the second link is to a PDF called "the physical world as a virtual reality" and in the paper he lists 15 arguments as to how our current understanding of quantum mechanics and physics infers a virtual reality.

The problem with the theory is that it is indemonstrable. For example, a recent mathematical examination of causal physics and classical mathematics concluded that an arbitrary number of simple metaphors can be used. In other words, according to their own mathematics causal explanations are clearly a matter of personal preference and, with quantum mechanics, so is any other explanation!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:07:22 PM

Yes, our reality is most likely virtual...Whitworth does a good job with the arguments. There are too many similarities between our world and the virtual reality to write it off as non-virtual.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:07:41 PM
At 8/26/2016 5:45:24 PM, wuliheron wrote:

The problem with the theory is that it is indemonstrable. For example, a recent mathematical examination of causal physics and classical mathematics concluded that an arbitrary number of simple metaphors can be used. In other words, according to their own mathematics causal explanations are clearly a matter of personal preference and, with quantum mechanics, so is any other explanation!

You can't even demonstrate that matter exists outside of mentality.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:26:33 PM

If you just Google "Brian whitworth" the second link is to a PDF called "the physical world as a virtual reality" and in the paper he lists 15 arguments as to how our current understanding of quantum mechanics and physics infers a virtual reality. : :

I didn't get any knowledge about us living in a virtual reality from man. I got it directly from the source that was used to create the virtual reality we're in. Instead of having to read man's books and listen to video's by man, all you have to do is read the words I get from the source and learn how it was used to create a simulation.

It helps to use some technology we have built in the virtual reality we're in to explain the source that was used to create us. I can easily do that for you.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 4:28:46 PM

The problem with the theory is that it is indemonstrable. For example, a recent mathematical examination of causal physics and classical mathematics concluded that an arbitrary number of simple metaphors can be used. In other words, according to their own mathematics causal explanations are clearly a matter of personal preference and, with quantum mechanics, so is any other explanation! : :

It's impossible to prove that we're living in a virtual reality with the language of mathematics or the knowledge of quantum mechanics. This is why scientists are so confused today. The more they learn, the worse it gets.
wuliheron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:13:20 PM
At 8/27/2016 4:07:41 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

You can't even demonstrate that matter exists outside of mentality.

A simple bullet to the brain is a good demonstration, but whether you consider it proof or not is another matter.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:37:17 PM

If you just Google "Brian whitworth" the second link is to a PDF called "the physical world as a virtual reality" and in the paper he lists 15 arguments as to how our current understanding of quantum mechanics and physics infers a virtual reality. : :

Why read what some character in our Creator's simulation has written when you can have a direct link to the technology that was used to create us and our experiences that we call life? Our Creator had many of his prophets write this;

Jeremiah 7:
23: But this command I gave them, `Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.'
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

Those of us who listen to his voice learn what the voice is. Now I know that it's nothing but computing technology that was used to create the simulation program we're involved in.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 6:45:47 PM

Awesome article, thank you for referring me. I need a little time to finish it but I can see right away I am in perfect agreement. I think it is fascinating that you and I need super-advanced modern science to figure this all out, but people like Plato, Descartes, and Kant figured it out through nothing but introspection. This is one reason why I believe technology and progress is not what it seems...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 7:26:59 PM
It's a nice paper, but I am always a bit wary of hearing one side of an argument. I don't see any need to nail my colours to any particular mast right now so I will remain agnostic on the nature of time.

What with time, consciousness, free will and global warming to think about life can seem very short. Thank ye gods I know the answer is 42 - even if I don't know what the question was.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 9:25:36 PM
Does it matter whether this is real or a simulation? If it is a simulation, it's based on a real reality. Why do I exist, becomes, why does the programmer exist. Who created the programmer? Finally, why go to all this effort?
Winker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:03:56 AM
At 9/5/2016 9:25:36 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does it matter whether this is real or a simulation? If it is a simulation, it's based on a real reality. Why do I exist, becomes, why does the programmer exist. Who created the programmer? Finally, why go to all this effort? : :

Like I said to before. pride causes you to ask these questions that I've already answered for you. The answer to your question "WHY" was because he had the technology available to create the simulation with. It's no different than why a computer programmer creates a simulation game. The answer is because he has the technology available to do so. If he didn't have the technology to create a simulation, he simply wouldn't be able to do it.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 2:28:12 PM
At 9/6/2016 11:03:56 AM, Winker wrote:
Does it matter whether this is real or a simulation? If it is a simulation, it's based on a real reality. Why do I exist, becomes, why does the programmer exist. Who created the programmer? Finally, why go to all this effort? : :

Like I said to before. pride causes you to ask these questions that I've already answered for you. The answer to your question "WHY" was because he had the technology available to create the simulation with. It's no different than why a computer programmer creates a simulation game. The answer is because he has the technology available to do so. If he didn't have the technology to create a simulation, he simply wouldn't be able to do it.

Wrong. A programmer creates a game, hoping to sell it and make millions. If you told me that's why The Programmer created the universe simulation I'd accept your answer.
BECAUSE HE COULD IS NOT A LOGICAL REASON!
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:13:23 AM
At 9/5/2016 7:26:59 PM, keithprosser wrote:
It's a nice paper, but I am always a bit wary of hearing one side of an argument. I don't see any need to nail my colours to any particular mast right now so I will remain agnostic on the nature of time.

When don't you hear just one side of an argument? Of you want more than one perspective, genuinely, you need to,read more than one paper.

What with time, consciousness, free will and global warming to think about life can seem very short. Thank ye gods I know the answer is 42 - even if I don't know what the question was.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:17:31 AM
Does it matter whether this is real or a simulation? If it is a simulation, it's based on a real reality. Why do I exist, becomes, why does the programmer exist. Who created the programmer? Finally, why go to all this effort?

First off nobody is suggesting a programmer. Second, no, it doesn't matter - nothing in philosophy "matters."
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:45:12 AM
At 9/6/2016 2:28:12 PM, Furyan5 wrote:

Wrong. A programmer creates a game, hoping to sell it and make millions. If you told me that's why The Programmer created the universe simulation I'd accept your answer.
BECAUSE HE COULD IS NOT A LOGICAL REASON! : :

You will never accept the answer because of your pride.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 8:06:00 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:17:31 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

First off nobody is suggesting a programmer. Second, no, it doesn't matter - nothing in philosophy "matters."

Well if this program is a naturally occurring event which booted up for no reason then it is as illogical as the Big Bang. But I agree it doesn't matter. A simulated universe is as real to a simulated human, as a real universe is to a real human.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 10:53:44 AM
At 9/7/2016 7:45:12 AM, Capo wrote:

Could He make unicorns? Could he make God? Just because He could doesn't mean He would. All actions require motivation, not just ability. This has nothing to do with pride. I'm not saying a Programmer with the technological couldn't create such a simulation. I'm asking why he would. The scope of magnitude and subatomic detail implies great effort on the part of the Programmer. Why go to all that effort? So a few, that He considers worthy, will progress to the next level? Lol, if anyone here is displaying pride, it's not me. I'm just a ignorant, uneducated pekker asking why I was created.
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 11:28:05 AM
At 9/7/2016 10:53:44 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

Could He make unicorns? Could he make God? Just because He could doesn't mean He would. All actions require motivation, not just ability. This has nothing to do with pride. I'm not saying a Programmer with the technological couldn't create such a simulation. I'm asking why he would. The scope of magnitude and subatomic detail implies great effort on the part of the Programmer. Why go to all that effort? So a few, that He considers worthy, will progress to the next level? Lol, if anyone here is displaying pride, it's not me. I'm just a ignorant, uneducated pekker asking why I was created. : :

Only religious people believe they are worthy to progress to the next level because they listened to information called Satan and the Beast, which I have explained to you several times. They are clueless to what the biblical prophecies are about so by listening to them instead of the technology that revealed to me everything our Creator wanted me to know will keep you deceived. You need to listen to the knowledge I reveal because it's the Truth. If you can't believe what I reveal to you, then it's your pride that keeps your from believing it.

The only answer that I was given by the technology that our Creator used to create the simulation that we're involved in said this, " Because I can". If you're not satisfied with that answer, then it is pride that keeps you asking the same question "Why?". Since our Creator has not revealed anymore information about "Why" he, she or it created the simulation, then you won't get anymore of an answer.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 11:53:36 AM
At 9/7/2016 11:28:05 AM, Capo wrote:

Could He make unicorns? Could he make God? Just because He could doesn't mean He would. All actions require motivation, not just ability. This has nothing to do with pride. I'm not saying a Programmer with the technological couldn't create such a simulation. I'm asking why he would. The scope of magnitude and subatomic detail implies great effort on the part of the Programmer. Why go to all that effort? So a few, that He considers worthy, will progress to the next level? Lol, if anyone here is displaying pride, it's not me. I'm just a ignorant, uneducated pekker asking why I was created. : :

Only religious people believe they are worthy to progress to the next level because they listened to information called Satan and the Beast, which I have explained to you several times. They are clueless to what the biblical prophecies are about so by listening to them instead of the technology that revealed to me everything our Creator wanted me to know will keep you deceived. You need to listen to the knowledge I reveal because it's the Truth. If you can't believe what I reveal to you, then it's your pride that keeps your from believing it.

The only answer that I was given by the technology that our Creator used to create the simulation that we're involved in said this, " Because I can". If you're not satisfied with that answer, then it is pride that keeps you asking the same question "Why?". Since our Creator has not revealed anymore information about "Why" he, she or it created the simulation, then you won't get anymore of an answer.

Simply put, you don't know!
Thanks.
Capo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:30:48 PM
At 9/7/2016 11:53:36 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

Thanks. : :

I know everything that our Creator has revealed to me this past 8 years but since you weren't used to testify to this same knowledge that was revealed through my testimonies you're left to only believe this knowledge. If you don't believe some or all the knowledge that I share with you, then your pride is getting in the way.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:06:33 PM
At 9/7/2016 12:30:48 PM, Capo wrote:

I know everything that our Creator has revealed to me this past 8 years but since you weren't used to testify to this same knowledge that was revealed through my testimonies you're left to only believe this knowledge. If you don't believe some or all the knowledge that I share with you, then your pride is getting in the way.

True. But the fact is, you don't know why He created the simulation. If that voice in your head ever let's you know, contact me. Thanks.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 10:14:03 PM
At 9/7/2016 8:06:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

Well if this program is a naturally occurring event which booted up for no reason then it is as illogical as the Big Bang. But I agree it doesn't matter. A simulated universe is as real to a simulated human, as a real universe is to a real human.

My interpretation of the physics to date is that WE are the ones running the simulation. So there is a reason, and that is that we are creating time and space in which to experience our consciousness.

Peter Russell says:
"
"I am God" - most people misunderstand every word in that sentence.
"
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 7:16:34 AM
At 9/8/2016 10:14:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 9/7/2016 8:06:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

My interpretation of the physics to date is that WE are the ones running the simulation. So there is a reason, and that is that we are creating time and space in which to experience our consciousness.

Peter Russell says:
"
"I am God" - most people misunderstand every word in that sentence.
"
So the simulation started when we became conscious? Are we creating dinosaur bones? What happens to all the people who believe in God? Did they create God? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to wrap my brain around this.
IamamI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 7:38:42 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:06:33 PM, Furyan5 wrote:

True. But the fact is, you don't know why He created the simulation. If that voice in your head ever let's you know, contact me. Thanks. : :

The Creator created the simulation because he had the technology available to do it with. It's that simple but your pride won't allow you to accept that answer. You can add your own answers to this one if you want but it won't be trustworthy because there is no other answer available to us.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:15:24 AM
At 9/9/2016 7:38:42 AM, IamamI wrote:

True. But the fact is, you don't know why He created the simulation. If that voice in your head ever let's you know, contact me. Thanks. : :

The Creator created the simulation because he had the technology available to do it with. It's that simple but your pride won't allow you to accept that answer. You can add your own answers to this one if you want but it won't be trustworthy because there is no other answer available to us.

Repeating the same thing again and again doesn't change the facts. Having the technology explains how, not why. Because he could doesn't explain why he would. Let alone where this Programmer comes from or where He got the technology. Perhaps it's enough to satisfy you, but not me. I refuse to accept that I exist on a whim. If that's pride then I plead guilty. Now put up, or shut up. Find out why.
IamamI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:16:43 AM
At 9/9/2016 9:15:24 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

Repeating the same thing again and again doesn't change the facts. Having the technology explains how, not why. Because he could doesn't explain why he would. Let alone where this Programmer comes from or where He got the technology. Perhaps it's enough to satisfy you, but not me. I refuse to accept that I exist on a whim. If that's pride then I plead guilty. Now put up, or shut up. Find out why. : :

Your stubborn pride won't allow you to believe the answer.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:21:01 AM
At 9/9/2016 9:16:43 AM, IamamI wrote:

Repeating the same thing again and again doesn't change the facts. Having the technology explains how, not why. Because he could doesn't explain why he would. Let alone where this Programmer comes from or where He got the technology. Perhaps it's enough to satisfy you, but not me. I refuse to accept that I exist on a whim. If that's pride then I plead guilty. Now put up, or shut up. Find out why. : :

True.
IamamI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:24:49 AM
At 9/9/2016 9:21:01 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

True. : :

Have a nice day my friend from the southern tip of Africa.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:28:01 AM
At 9/9/2016 9:24:49 AM, IamamI wrote:
At 9/9/2016 9:21:01 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

True. : :

Have a nice day my friend from the southern tip of Africa.

Lol you too Brad.