Jump to topic:

perfection

infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 7:42:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
when i was a child i used to dream about perfection and till this day i an still trying to unravel it. I have many theories on perfection but not a unified one so i want to know how you repaid perfection.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 8:29:07 PM
At 9/24/2016 7:42:05 PM, infinitum wrote:
when i was a child i used to dream about perfection and till this day i an still trying to unravel it. I have many theories on perfection but not a unified one so i want to know how you repaid perfection.

I'd like to hear some of your theories on perfection because I do not believe that perfection exists.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 8:38:39 PM
At 9/24/2016 8:29:07 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I'd like to hear some of your theories on perfection because I do not believe that perfection exists.

one of my theories say that we are already perfect. being perfect means to have everything without losing anything, and we have every thing. we have a little happinesss, little anger, little sadness, rage, wrath, love etc. we are already perfect all we need is to realise it.
people think being perfect means being all good, happy and no negative emotions or energy.

i solved it when i asked myself a question it goes like -
to get something you need to lose something
so if you want to get everything and lose nothing what it will be ?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 8:50:43 PM
At 9/24/2016 8:38:39 PM, infinitum wrote:
So you believe that all humans are perfect? If so, do you believe that we are superior to the other life on Earth?
John Galsworthy
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 8:57:56 PM

Mathematics is perfection.
Disclaimer: This post in no way reflects the views of NBC or any of its affiliates.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:04:35 PM
At 9/24/2016 8:57:56 PM, Snazzy wrote:

Expand.
John Galsworthy
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:09:29 PM
At 9/24/2016 8:50:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
So you believe that all humans are perfect? If so, do you believe that we are superior to the other life on Earth?

perfection and superiority are different concepts, just because we are perfect doesnt mean we are superior.
being perfect is like right now we dont have our full potential and seeking perfection we are trying to find our full potential, it doesnt mean we are superior (an animal knows its full potential so it is perfect) but on the other hand we are still searching for our own share of enlightment.

you confused it with superiority because you didnt answer my riddle. try it.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:10:31 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:04:35 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Expand.

In the words of Galileo Galilei, mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe. It is absolute. It will always be true.
Disclaimer: This post in no way reflects the views of NBC or any of its affiliates.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:15:03 PM

mathematics is almost perfect, just almost.
mathematics cant solve paranormal aspects and to this day we assume and estimate an approximate answer (such in limits).
no doubt mathematics is a great tool and helped us lot to understand the nature around us but its not perfect because the creators of mathematics itself were not perfect
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:22:50 PM
mathematics cant solve paranormal aspects and to this day we assume and estimate an approximate answer (such in limits).
no doubt mathematics is a great tool and helped us lot to understand the nature around us but its not perfect because the creators of mathematics itself were not perfect

If you are saying that man is the creator of mathematics, you are completely wrong. Man only discovered mathematics. If you are saying God is not perfect, I would be interested to see why you came to this conclusion.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:23:55 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:10:31 PM, Snazzy wrote:

Expand.

In the words of Galileo Galilei, mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe. It is absolute. It will always be true.

let us assume me to be an atheist, if i am an atheist then it means for me god does not exist so the does the language of god too is imperfect.

one of the basic rules by euclid states that an axiom should be universally true without an exception.
you should not consider random thoughts to be universal truth, they are just thoughts which states importance of something rather than truth.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:33:24 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:22:50 PM, Snazzy wrote:

If you are saying that man is the creator of mathematics, you are completely wrong. Man only discovered mathematics. If you are saying God is not perfect, I would be interested to see why you came to this conclusion.

sorry my mistake. humans are discoverer of mathematics but discovery is done by repeated observations and proving hypothetical theories. when observing or thinking something humans are bound to make fault and they too have a their own perspective which make them one side in a way and since they are not using their full potential they can only observe natural aspects and all other paranormal and astral aspect dont exist for them.

as for god, it means many things to me but being the 'almighty' and 'universe creator' is last on my list.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:37:18 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:23:55 PM, infinitum wrote:

Expand.

let us assume me to be an atheist, if i am an atheist then it means for me god does not exist so the does the language of god too is imperfect.

one of the basic rules by euclid states that an axiom should be universally true without an exception.
you should not consider random thoughts to be universal truth, they are just thoughts which states importance of something rather than truth.

Assuming you are an atheist, not believing in God is no reason for you to believe that mathematics is not perfect. You don't have to believe that mathematics is the language of God.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:40:14 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:33:24 PM, infinitum wrote:

sorry my mistake. humans are discoverer of mathematics but discovery is done by repeated observations and proving hypothetical theories. when observing or thinking something humans are bound to make fault and they too have a their own perspective which make them one side in a way and since they are not using their full potential they can only observe natural aspects and all other paranormal and astral aspect dont exist for them.

as for god, it means many things to me but being the 'almighty' and 'universe creator' is last on my list.

Humans do not understand every aspect of mathematics. This does not mean that math is not a universal truth.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:46:26 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:37:18 PM, Snazzy wrote:
At 9/24/2016 9:23:55 PM, infinitum wrote:

Expand.

Assuming you are an atheist, not believing in God is no reason for you to believe that mathematics is not perfect. You don't have to believe that mathematics is the language of God.

i was just stating that connecting mathematics with god wont help.
i belive mathematics plays a critical sold in our life from our blood count to particle accelerator mathematics runs deep but being discovered by an imperfect being i cannot simply say that mathematics is perfect. when we start to expand our mind the subject itself starts to improvise and when we reach perfection the subject too will reach perfection.

agree with me ?
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:52:29 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:40:14 PM, Snazzy wrote:

Humans do not understand every aspect of mathematics. This does not mean that math is not a universal truth.
even if it was a universal truth but since we dont understand every aspect of it is nothing more than just mathematics crucial but not life supporting.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 9:54:42 PM
i belive mathematics plays a critical sold in our life from our blood count to particle accelerator mathematics runs deep but being discovered by an imperfect being i cannot simply say that mathematics is perfect. when we start to expand our mind the subject itself starts to improvise and when we reach perfection the subject too will reach perfection.

agree with me ?
Connecting God with mathematics could hypothetically prove that God exists. Some evidence for this is that the bible is mathematically perfect (http://www.biblebelievers.org.au...). This could in theory be proof that God exists and instructed the prophets exactly what to write in the Bible.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 10:00:50 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:52:29 PM, infinitum wrote:

even if it was a universal truth but since we dont understand every aspect of it is nothing more than just mathematics crucial but not life supporting.

Mathematics is the closest thing we will ever find to a universal truth. One would argue that humans will never be perfect and as a result they will never perfectly understand mathematics.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 10:34:44 PM
At 9/24/2016 9:54:42 PM, Snazzy wrote:

agree with me ?
Connecting God with mathematics could hypothetically prove that God exists. Some evidence for this is that the bible is mathematically perfect (http://www.biblebelievers.org.au...). This could in theory be proof that God exists and instructed the prophets exactly what to write in the Bible.

it was an interesting link, but a huge part of mathematics is to find patterns in things but it doesnt mean that god instructed them. what could be a work of mere man or a group of intelligent people, it doesnt necessarily means that it was a work of some almighty power.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 10:42:20 PM
At 9/24/2016 10:34:44 PM, infinitum wrote:

agree with me ?

it was an interesting link, but a huge part of mathematics is to find patterns in things but it doesnt mean that god instructed them. what could be a work of mere man or a group of intelligent people, it doesnt necessarily means that it was a work of some almighty power.

It is statistically impossible to do this considering misplacing even one letter will throw off the whole pattern.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 11:23:16 PM
At 9/24/2016 10:00:50 PM, Snazzy wrote:
At 9/24/2016 9:52:29 PM, infinitum wrote:

Mathematics is the closest thing we will ever find to a universal truth. One would argue that humans will never be perfect and as a result they will never perfectly understand mathematics.

someday we will perfect mathematics. all we need is patience and time.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 11:27:48 PM
At 9/24/2016 10:42:20 PM, Snazzy wrote:

agree with me ?

It is statistically impossible to do this considering misplacing even one letter will throw off the whole pattern.

at times it was impossible to find a formula for partitions and at times there was nothing smaller than an electron but as we move towards perfection we perceive better and keep improvising.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 11:29:19 PM
At 9/24/2016 11:27:48 PM, infinitum wrote:

agree with me ?

at times it was impossible to find a formula for partitions and at times there was nothing smaller than an electron but as we move towards perfection we perceive better and keep improvising.

But how is it that a regular man(s) could do this 2000+ years ago and we still can't do it today?
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 11:48:18 PM
At 9/24/2016 11:29:19 PM, Snazzy wrote:

agree with me ?

But how is it that a regular man(s) could do this 2000+ years ago and we still can't do it today?

gautam buddha found enlightment years ago but even the most practiced monks cannot find it today. Much knowledge was lost in past, but in future we will reveal these methods.

i just had my first debate 'universe,time ever existent' please vote it if you can but dont vote me, i got my as* kicked.
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 12:01:44 AM
At 9/24/2016 11:48:18 PM, infinitum wrote:
At 9/24/2016 11:29:19 PM, Snazzy wrote:

agree with me ?

gautam buddha found enlightment years ago but even the most practiced monks cannot find it today. Much knowledge was lost in past, but in future we will reveal these methods.

i just had my first debate 'universe,time ever existent' please vote it if you can but dont vote me, i got my as* kicked.

Whether or not you believe Siddhartha Gautama actually found enlightenment is up to you. I can't vote yet because I haven't been in enough debates.
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 8:14:41 AM
We-ell... my wife came pretty close.
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 1:23:18 PM
At 9/25/2016 8:14:41 AM, Annnaxim wrote:
We-ell... my wife came pretty close.

please do tell about your life.
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 8:19:22 PM

one of my theories say that we are already perfect. being perfect means to have everything without losing anything, and we have every thing. we have a little happinesss, little anger, little sadness, rage, wrath, love etc. we are already perfect all we need is to realise it.
people think being perfect means being all good, happy and no negative emotions or energy.

What do you think imperfection is/means?
infinitum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:39:09 AM
At 9/25/2016 8:19:22 PM, difference wrote:

it too is a kind of perfection.
when you read my riddle carefully it says to get something i have to lose something, then to find everything i have to lose everything; which leaves me with nothing.
if i have nothing what did i lose? I lost nothing then it means i still have everything, it all is just a matter of realisation.
perfection is nothing but a term which means different things to different people. to some imperfection is perfect, to some mathematics is perfect (in all above forum post i was trying to make snazzy understand that its not wrong that mathematics is perfect but it doesnt imply that humans cannot be perfect) but i still didnt find what perfection is to me. so i want to know what it means to you. :)
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:56:11 PM
At 9/26/2016 1:39:09 AM, infinitum wrote:
At 9/25/2016 8:19:22 PM, difference wrote:

it too is a kind of perfection.
when you read my riddle carefully it says to get something i have to lose something, then to find everything i have to lose everything; which leaves me with nothing.
if i have nothing what did i lose? I lost nothing then it means i still have everything, it all is just a matter of realisation.
perfection is nothing but a term which means different things to different people. to some imperfection is perfect, to some mathematics is perfect (in all above forum post i was trying to make snazzy understand that its not wrong that mathematics is perfect but it doesnt imply that humans cannot be perfect) but i still didnt find what perfection is to me. so i want to know what it means to you. :)

If something is perfect it's because it's not being compared to anything. The more something deviates from a standard you set, the less perfect it is. I am thinking the same thing as you that it's a realization thing.