CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 3:06:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
discuss

*jumps behind a barricade*
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:55:56 PM
It's pretty awesome IMO.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:04:32 PM
Hell Yeah *pun intended*
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:12:07 PM
At 1/13/2011 3:06:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
discuss

*jumps behind a barricade*

Its amazing
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:13:22 PM
Do you know where I can find an online version of the satanic bible? It got removed from where I had it. I downloaded it but want to delete it so my mom wont find it.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:30:06 PM
At 1/13/2011 5:13:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you know where I can find an online version of the satanic bible? It got removed from where I had it. I downloaded it but want to delete it so my mom wont find it.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:31:14 PM
At 1/13/2011 5:30:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/13/2011 5:13:22 PM, lovelife wrote:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Thank you
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 7:46:40 PM
*sticks head up from behind barricade*

I was expecting a more negative response.

The Satanic Bible was alright pretty much up until the point where it describes all the rituals and magic crap. I know it isn't meant to be taken seriously, just used as both an emotional outlet and a way to freak out superstitious people, but I found reading it to be tedious and boring.

The rest of it painted what I think to be a pretty accurate analysis of human nature though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:41:45 AM
It's pathetic. It contains no more than a few sentences of substance, the rest is padding. It's a post modern religion for really bored, really jaded, 'edgy', atheistic teens.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:44:04 AM
At 1/13/2011 6:33:31 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
tbh, it doesn't seem like much beyond progressive/libertarian views paried with hedonism and atheism.

this. never really saw the point. i guess it feels cool to call your bedroom your lair? :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:50:03 AM
At 1/14/2011 2:44:04 AM, belle wrote:
tbh, it doesn't seem like much beyond progressive/libertarian views paried with hedonism and atheism.

this. never really saw the point. i guess it feels cool to call your bedroom your lair? :P

It does, makes me feel like a demonic dragon :p
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:51:42 AM
At 1/14/2011 2:50:03 AM, lovelife wrote:

It does, makes me feel like a demonic dragon :p

Kinky.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:55:47 AM
At 1/14/2011 2:41:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's pathetic. It contains no more than a few sentences of substance, the rest is padding. It's a post modern religion for really bored, really jaded, 'edgy', atheistic teens.

You repeat yourself sir. Shocker that it would be popular among those who posted yea here.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 3:26:22 AM
At 1/14/2011 2:55:47 AM, innomen wrote:

You repeat yourself sir. Shocker that it would be popular among those who posted yea here.

Lol, not sure if thats supposed to be an insult but I will admit that most if not all of those fit me xD
I'm not 100% on satanism tho, I just like reading LaVey, cause he makes me laugh. I'm reading the Satanic Witch on my ipod now.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 3:47:49 AM
I like Lavey as well, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a Satanist. The whole idea (IMHO) is that all religion is fake ANYWAY, so lets make up a religion and pretend worship a symbol of decadence and have a good time!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 7:44:07 AM
It makes a lot of good points, but so do the Gospels. Most of what is contained within it is common sense. I certainly don't need to hail Lavey's observations as a modern marvel. So, yeah...

But if you like to jack off to it, it's of no consequence to me.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:58:33 AM
never really saw the point. i guess it feels cool to call your bedroom your lair? :P

I'd do that anyway.

At 1/14/2011 7:44:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It makes a lot of good points, but so do the Gospels. Most of what is contained within it is common sense. I certainly don't need to hail Lavey's observations as a modern marvel. So, yeah...

But if you like to jack off to it, it's of no consequence to me.

Yeah, but you know, if you put a lot of common sense into a book a religious nature, people will read it, and it will affirm many things they think they believe in.

I can understand how someone could open up the Holy Bible, read the sermon on the mount and be like, "Woah man, I totally dig this, I been saying this the whole time, man.. Just love each other man, Jesus is the man.. man?" and become a Christian right on the spot. Especially if you are a hippie.

Pretty much the same thing can be said about the Satanic Bible and it's antichrist and anti-holy religion stance.

sho nuff I suppose.

I think Lavey knew what he was doing. He was doing exactly what his book said to do... Is there anything more egocentric than starting a religion? Captured the crusty black hearts and wallets of many. Serious Lavey Satanists who have their little card and buy all the books are probably the second biggest tools in the world. Right behind people in the front row at metal concerts who don't wear earplugs, and are probably moshing.

Yeah, I went there.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:09:52 PM

I would have never guessed from his music that he was mentally incompetent.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:10:34 PM
oops, ignore that last post. tab fvck up
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 7:29:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Satanism some sort of atheist religion? (I, as a christian, don't tend to look into religions that are named after my enemy)

I think it is kinda disrepectful. Just be like advanced atheists or something.

But whatever, I believe in free will. Have fun, kids.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 8:21:05 AM
At 1/17/2011 7:29:57 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Satanism some sort of atheist religion? (I, as a christian, don't tend to look into religions that are named after my enemy)

I think it is kinda disrepectful. Just be like advanced atheists or something.

But whatever, I believe in free will. Have fun, kids.

I am not sure, it never really makes a concrete statement of faith-belief. It simply derides Christianity for being against mankinds natural urges, and christians for all being hyporcrites. It never actually states whether or not it believes in the objective existence of God, or the Devil, or the efficacy of the spells it contains.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:13:17 AM
Ah. So it's a, "I'm not sure what I believe, but I just like making fun of Christians" religion? That's wonderful...
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:29:22 AM
At 1/17/2011 9:13:17 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
Ah. So it's a, "I'm not sure what I believe, but I just like making fun of Christians" religion? That's wonderful...

It's basically anti-Christianity and hedonistic, thats about it. I will paraphrase the entirity of it's wisdom so you won't ever have to read it.

"Christians go and commit sins, then confess, pretend they are pure and go out and sin again. That means that they are hyprocrites, and the Christianity is rubbish because it denies mankinds natural urges. Natural urges are great and shouldn't be denied, like unless you take it too far... don't microwave babies thats kinda wrong. Wow look at the rack on that, I'd teach her a thing or two."

Plus some spells in the back.

Thats it.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:48:15 AM
At 1/17/2011 9:13:17 AM, Charles0103 wrote:

Because straw men are useful? :P LaVeyan Satanism is more to do with pro life in the sense of the enjoyment of life's pursuits and as such is hedonistic based in that regard. It has little at all to do with Chrisitanity except to divorce itself explicitly from a couple of certain perceived Christian beliefs. It should not be confused with theistic satanism which is very different and more directly opposed to Christianity.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:54:10 AM
At 1/17/2011 7:29:57 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Satanism some sort of atheist religion?

No. It is an ethics system that is atheistic in nature.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:01:03 AM
No, Lavey Satanism is an purely atheistic "religion".

There are other "religions" that are called "satanist" and do believe in god, and a real entity called Satan.

Lavey Satansim doesn't believe in god, at least not the theistic god. To the satanist, you are your own god. Satan is more of a metaphor than an actual entity.

Basically, the philosophy is "Do what you will, as long as you can get away with it".

It is a selfish philosophy through and through. One thing that I find admirable about Satanism though is that it is at least honest in that regard. Most if not all religions are selfish, and use coercion in some way to get you to see it their way. Satanism on the other hand just flat out tells you that it is a self centered and self serving philosophy. Unlike most faiths, this is not considered negative.

Now take the "Do what you will" philosophy, a lot of "Hail Satans!", and a bunch of stupid rituals, and you have Satanism.

It's a perfectly valid philosophy. Keep in mind that "What one wills" could very well be to help people. A lot of people get off on doing good for other people. Even they can be Satanists, so calling yourself a Satanist is not necessarily an admission of being an @sshole.

In a way, everyone already is a Satanist, even if they don't realize it.

This is of course why you all need the saving grace of Jesus Christ, for he died on the cross to save us from our own inequities.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:36:27 AM
Yeah, but the name "Satanism" is a MAJOR turn off for me. Ha.