Jump to topic:

Time And Freedom Of Will . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:15:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But let us analyze its exact structure, could we consider time to simply be a map with an limitless number of potential deviations upon it which points towards freedom of will, or is it a line with only one path that no matter how we think of it shall always point to a singular outcome meaning no free will, time could be like a web with us in the center, we can choose our paths along the web yet shall always reach the same conclusion at the end of the web pointing towards both forms of will at the same time . . . So what do you think . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:32:31 PM
Free will is an illusion created by our inability to keep track of all variables.

Anything that seems random in the universe is an illusion. It has all been determined.

I know these things, because I am the variable.

In case you are wondering, yes, it is quite b!tchin.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 10:13:57 PM
At 1/14/2011 8:32:31 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Free will is an illusion created by our inability to keep track of all variables.

Anything that seems random in the universe is an illusion. It has all been determined.

I know these things, because I am the variable.

In case you are wondering, yes, it is quite b!tchin.

Haha!
President of DDO
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:17:39 AM
From a Christian perspective, I tend to lean more the web thing on a large scale. We all make choices, but God wins in the end.

But he gives us as individuals free will. On an individual perspective, you as an individual choose where you wanna go or what you wanna do.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10