Conscensus reality

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 12:54:15 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/6/2016 11:44:49 PM, janesix wrote:
Do you ever exist in a state of non conscensus reality? What is it like?

Are dreams non consensus reality?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 12:56:36 AM
At 10/7/2016 12:54:15 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

I don't know if dreams would be considered a reality. What do you think.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:19:26 AM
I think most dreams are the personal worlds of imaginations. Dreams are usually a preponderance of past and present reflections, current to the crisis or celebration to the mood, or something else. A vision of the future from a dream, I'd say it's possible. Sometimes a dream can be much more than just a dream. Visions are important, as it was once said to me. One way to know a dream was much more than just a dream, is when that dream can be remembered for the rest of your life. Most dreams are quickly forgotten soon after the moment of waking up. But the dream that keeps you forever wondering what it was about, is definitely something important. Maybe it was somebody speaking to you.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:09:29 AM

A response to this is predicated on how "exist" is defined.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:21:26 AM
At 10/7/2016 1:19:26 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
I think most dreams are the personal worlds of imaginations. Dreams are usually a preponderance of past and present reflections, current to the crisis or celebration to the mood, or something else. A vision of the future from a dream, I'd say it's possible. Sometimes a dream can be much more than just a dream. Visions are important, as it was once said to me. One way to know a dream was much more than just a dream, is when that dream can be remembered for the rest of your life. Most dreams are quickly forgotten soon after the moment of waking up. But the dream that keeps you forever wondering what it was about, is definitely something important. Maybe it was somebody speaking to you.

The universe sometimes communicates to me through dreams. Mostly numbers. And other things too. Like the time a bear turned into a baby bear, which i then thew off the porch to it's death. To me, this represents the precession of the equinoxes, and the changing of the ages and the pole star. I have had other dreams that also represented the same thing.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 3:04:44 AM
At 10/7/2016 2:21:26 AM, janesix wrote:
At 10/7/2016 1:19:26 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

The universe sometimes communicates to me through dreams. Mostly numbers. And other things too. Like the time a bear turned into a baby bear, which i then thew off the porch to it's death. To me, this represents the precession of the equinoxes, and the changing of the ages and the pole star. I have had other dreams that also represented the same thing.

Yeah, the changing of the ages. I had a conversation with a guy just last night who wanted to know if I was down with the coming changes. Yeah, I'm definitely not down with is reminds me of a dream I had almost two years ago. It was more of a warning than just a dream. But as the dream goes, I was in my apartment when I hear a knock on the door. So I look through the peep hole and recognize the person knocking. He says he has some pizza to share while we talk. Okay. I open the door. I get pounced on by some thugs hiding. They inject me with some creepy substance to knock me out, or do whatever as they attempt to cart me off to some asylum to never be heard from again. Dream ends. Now a few months ago, in the real, I get a knock on my door. It's an acquaintance of mine. It's a cop and he's got some pizza. He wants to talk. He wants to talk at a time shortly after some creepy things were going on. So I say no thanks. I'm full. I'm eating peanut butter on toast. I lied. I was hungry as hell. Better off hungry than in some insane asylum with a big story to tell to nobody that can hear. See that was a crazy day. The spooks were everywhere. Walking everywhere around my complex. Walking dogs I never seen before. And I know everybody. I been living there for a few years. So when something is up, I know something is going down. My Jedi radar was picking up mass hysteria in the air. Somebody wanted me to go outside. So I go outside and my dog takes off running. My dog don't ever leave my side. Something is up. Spooks are everywhere. They watching me while I'm watching them. But my dog matters the most. I know the spooks wanted inside my apartment while I'm outside. Jedi instincts are screaming. But my dog. I gotta get my dog. So I leave my post but no dog. I can't find my dog. Spooks got my dog. I walk back to my apartment and I see a spook walk out my front door and she walking straight my way.

" you get what you needed " I say to the spook as she looking straight at me.

She says nothing but gave a calm look that says she got what she wanted.

So I go back inside and check to see if they took what I think they wanted. Yep. They got what they wanted. What I had was gone, but they left something in its place. I check it out and damn, what they left for me was rockin. You have no idea. My head was zinging. My head was so blinging I had to chill on the sofa for a minute while the effects stopped spinning. Now I'm in full party mode. Time to party. I make a phone call. I tell this girl hold up I'm coming over if the devil don't kill me first.

Long story short...keep your mouth shut or you're going to live in a padded cell.
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 3:15:12 AM
I don't there's such a thing as non consensus reality. There's no way to tell what is consensus and what isn't. Why not say that walking out the front door of your house sends you to a non consensus reality?

If it felt like anything to exist in a state of non consensus reality, it would be looking at what's before you and thinking "this isn't consensus reality."
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 11:39:16 PM

Depends on whether the elements of a dream are independent of the 'non-dream' reality within which they exist. Do you ever have elements of dreams that cannot be translated to 'real' concepts? I.e. are they in principle untranslatable or are they simply unusual arrangements and/or interpretations of concepts that occur in the real world?

A difficult question because, by definition, you cannot give an example of such an untranslatable concept. I would therefore argue that they are built from blocks that are drawn from 'the real' and, if 'the real' is based on consensus, are therefore an element of consensus reality.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:41:13 PM
At 10/7/2016 12:56:36 AM, janesix wrote:

I don't know if dreams would be considered a reality. What do you think.

A dream is a process that takes place in one's brain, happiness is a process that takes place in one's brain, misery is a process that takes place in one's brain - why is one any less "real" than the others?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 10:05:19 PM
Dreams differ from 'wakeful awareness' only in the absence of sensory feedback. Even when we are awake what we are aware of is a 'narrative' being continually produced within our brain. That narrative is not produced from sense data - the brain is making it up as it goes along.