Jump to topic:

God

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:25:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are the best books and philosophers for outlining a case for God. I am not interested in the side issues such as the impact of atheism on morality, or what demographic leads longer happier lives... purely the best place to go for a case for God.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:34:08 AM
Spinoza.

Though, I think it is a bit of a stretch to even call his idea of god.. um.. god..
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:45:05 AM
At 1/16/2011 1:34:08 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Spinoza.

Though, I think it is a bit of a stretch to even call his idea of god.. um.. god..

I just thing of him as a poetic atheist to be honest!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 8:09:20 AM
At 1/16/2011 7:52:02 AM, Meatros wrote:
There's also a collection of scholar's work in a book called black burns theological something. I have the book in PDF.

I presume you mean this: http://www.amazon.com...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 9:00:59 AM
At 1/16/2011 1:45:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Spinoza.

I just thing of him as a poetic atheist to be honest!

Hah, ditto.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 9:06:17 AM
At 1/16/2011 8:09:20 AM, Puck wrote:
At 1/16/2011 7:52:02 AM, Meatros wrote:
There's also a collection of scholar's work in a book called black burns theological something. I have the book in PDF.

I presume you mean this: http://www.amazon.com...

Yup, that's it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 9:26:03 AM
Spinoza.

He's not going to go for panentheism or an argument that god is everything/nature, etc. He's talking about the monotheistic, Abrahamic god... good luck on your search, CN.
President of DDO
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 9:42:55 AM
Thomas Aquinas

</joke>