Jump to topic:

Rejection Of Reality . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 7:23:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If I were to reject reality and substitute my own does this mean I have created an new reality . . . *stole from mythbusters . . .*
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 7:27:30 PM
no, it means you die.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 8:15:37 PM
If you can substantiate an alternative reality while rejecting this one.... No, you do not create another reality. You are simply crazy. Know what your reality will be? A mental institution.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 7:21:28 AM
At 1/16/2011 7:23:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
If I were to reject reality and substitute my own does this mean I have created an new reality . . . *stole from mythbusters . . .*:

You would create for yourself a delusion. It's just a humorous catch phrase for Adam Savage, and doubtfully something he seriously entertains. You're over-thinking it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 7:31:24 AM
I think to YOU, you'd THINK you were in another reality.

But everyone else would think you're nuts.

But for you to even get to your false reality, you'd have to completely leave this reality behind which I doubt is possible.

So, no. You can't. Good try.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:04:53 AM
Isn't this what the majority of people do anyway?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:05:19 AM
And no, you'd just be delusional.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:22:10 AM
You rang, sir?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 4:50:59 AM
Reality, according to the holographic principle is information, data, understandable to us in term form through mathematics. If you were to destroy reality - for the exception of yourself and what you require for survival and recreate it again, you would have created a new reality.

This is true only if you subscribe to the holographic principle.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:38:48 AM
Technically, we already do not experience reality as it truly is, because of the limitations of our senses.

One thing that sets human beings apart from other creatures of the Earth is our ability to augment our natural senses and abilities via technology.

When you break down the senses, existence is an incomprehensibly amazing place. Existence already is, but ultimate reality will make your head asplode.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:28:33 PM
At 1/18/2011 9:38:48 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Technically, we already do not experience reality as it truly is, because of the limitations of our senses.

One thing that sets human beings apart from other creatures of the Earth is our ability to augment our natural senses and abilities via technology.

When you break down the senses, existence is an incomprehensibly amazing place. Existence already is, but ultimate reality will make your head asplode.

This!