Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Robert Anton Wilson

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:23:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have found no one being who is more similar to me on thought process than this man. I wish I could have met him. It astounds me everything he has said, as if they were my own words. Discuss his words.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:55:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah, I've known about him for a long time. He's well-known among the conspiratorial community. Though, I can't say that I've really followed his works, but his words posted here are quite interesting.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:53:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 4:23:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I have found no one being who is more similar to me on thought process than this man. I wish I could have met him. It astounds me everything he has said, as if they were my own words. Discuss his words.

Take note people. This is how religions are formed, through cult fascination. You're hanging on to this guys every word and he has you hook, line, and sinker. You've lost objectivity.

Oh, and please get off his dick.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:08:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 8:53:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/21/2011 4:23:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I have found no one being who is more similar to me on thought process than this man. I wish I could have met him. It astounds me everything he has said, as if they were my own words. Discuss his words.

Take note people. This is how religions are formed, through cult fascination. You're hanging on to this guys every word and he has you hook, line, and sinker. You've lost objectivity.

Oh, and please get off his dick.

I'm the guy who would be Buddhist if it weren't for the fact that I reject having a teacher to show me the way to enlightenment.
Also, Wilson is a Pyrrhonian Skeptic, as I am, which means he's agnostic to everything. It would be pretty hard to build a cult around that, lol.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:09:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 8:08:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/21/2011 8:53:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/21/2011 4:23:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I have found no one being who is more similar to me on thought process than this man. I wish I could have met him. It astounds me everything he has said, as if they were my own words. Discuss his words.

Take note people. This is how religions are formed, through cult fascination. You're hanging on to this guys every word and he has you hook, line, and sinker. You've lost objectivity.

Oh, and please get off his dick.

I'm the guy who would be Buddhist if it weren't for the fact that I reject having a teacher to show me the way to enlightenment.
Also, Wilson is a Pyrrhonian Skeptic, as I am, which means he's agnostic to everything. It would be pretty hard to build a cult around that, lol.

Unless, of course, you count Discordianism. But that would be silly.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 9:09:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 8:09:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/21/2011 8:08:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/21/2011 8:53:07 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/21/2011 4:23:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I have found no one being who is more similar to me on thought process than this man. I wish I could have met him. It astounds me everything he has said, as if they were my own words. Discuss his words.

Take note people. This is how religions are formed, through cult fascination. You're hanging on to this guys every word and he has you hook, line, and sinker. You've lost objectivity.

Oh, and please get off his dick.

I'm the guy who would be Buddhist if it weren't for the fact that I reject having a teacher to show me the way to enlightenment.
Also, Wilson is a Pyrrhonian Skeptic, as I am, which means he's agnostic to everything. It would be pretty hard to build a cult around that, lol.

Unless, of course, you count Discordianism. But that would be silly.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 5:18:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Excellent videos, I enjoyed them all. I really liked where he was coming from. I don't think he would approve of your quest to find the perfect label for yourself (perhaps this isn't what you're doing and is only my perception.) He seems to dislike labels.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...