Jump to topic:

Some Thoughts for J.Kenyon

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:27:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
J.Kenyon: " Charles, I value your opinion on political philosophy more or less to the same extent that I value Joe the drunken hobo who hangs out on 4th street's opinion on brain surgery. You're a pathetic failure at life. You're 31 and single. No one reads your blog and no one here at DDO takes you seriously. Please fück off and die."

J.Kenyon after checking his facts: "Excuse me, 33 and single."

You know, you're quite the Sherlock Holmes there J.Kenyon, deducing from the fact that I'm unmarried that I'm single and have no life whatsoever! Reading a mystery novel must be no fun for you at all, you must have the mystery all figured out by the first sentence on the first page, or perhaps you can divine the villain of the piece from the very title?

Hmm, and what are you anyway, a Masai tribesman for whom marital status and the number of a man's wives are an indication of his prosperity, how is it that you equate one being single with being unsuccessful in life? Is California governor Jerry Brown, who's never been married, a pitiful loser? Is George Clooney some kind of a schlemiel because he chooses to remain single, was Francis of Assisi a failure?

Oh well, I need to get back to caring for my seventeen cats and washing down my comfort food with more vodka, but thanks for your sweet nothings, you light up my life J.Kenyon.

PS, As for the charge that I'm the one who's grievously guilty of taking an ad hominem tack, well, hold on there, I'm never actually ad hominem. I sometimes do engage in psychological speculation about where people's political views come from, about the possible unconscious attitudes that may embody themselves in one's positions on societal issues. But then I always focus my amateur psychoanalysis on viewpoints, ideologies, and groups, not individuals.

I can't very well help it if some individuals identify with the viewpoints and ideologies I psychologically critique and take offense on a personal level. If I psychologize about neo-Nazism, for example, which is perfectly legitimate to do since at the heart of neo-Nazism is the psychological state of hate, there will be individual neo-Nazis who will feel like I'm getting ad hominem, and no doubt they would cry foul. But as I say, it's perfectly legit to examine their hateful psychopathology, given how key it is to understanding the nature of, and finding the chinks in their ideological armor.

Now of course the relevance of psychology is quite glaringly obvious when it comes to a philosophy such as Nazism, a philosophy that so patently stems from emotion and simplemindedness. But isn't psychology also relevant to a philosophy such as, say, conservatism or libertarianism? I beg to assert that it is. Conservatism/libertarianism is arguably not merely a rational way of interpreting politics and the realities of society, but rather a mentality with certain foibles that get in the way of one's human compassion and sense of social justice. It's this foibles-ridden mentality that I sometime dissect. This is quite justifiable, and as I'm not really picking on individuals, it's not ad hominem.

On the other hand, blatantly personal insults and rude comments targeted at my personality are unquestionably "ad hominem". It's individuals such as yourself, J.Kenyon, who seem to be reduced by a lack of good arguments or wit, or plain maturity, to resorting to name calling, and to telling me to "f*** off and die", and to reporting me to the moderators, etc. Well, someone's need to attack the individual is frequently a very telltale sign indeed of forensic weakness. What's even more pathetic, your aspersions aren't even that trenchant. Such as paralogistically putting me down as a loser because I'm single! Was that really the best you could come up with? If the intellectual quality of that insult is any indication you need a bit more practice at biting badinage.

At any rate, you and your fellow irascible right-libertarians are not at all victims of ad hominem pettiness from moi, tu quoque dear J.Kenyon, tu quoque.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:30:19 PM
I think this is better suited for the personal or miscellaneous forums, not politics.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:31:58 PM
At 2/13/2011 3:27:47 PM, charleslb wrote:
J.Kenyon: " Charles, I value your opinion on political philosophy more or less to the same extent that I value Joe the drunken hobo who hangs out on 4th street's opinion on brain surgery. You're a pathetic failure at life. You're 31 and single. No one reads your blog and no one here at DDO takes you seriously. Please fück off and die."

J.Kenyon after checking his facts: "Excuse me, 33 and single."

You know, you're quite the Sherlock Holmes there J.Kenyon, deducing from the fact that I'm unmarried that I'm single and have no life whatsoever! Reading a mystery novel must be no fun for you at all, you must have the mystery all figured out by the first sentence on the first page, or perhaps you can divine the villain of the piece from the very title?

Hmm, and what are you anyway, a Masai tribesman for whom marital status and the number of a man's wives are an indication of his prosperity, how is it that you equate one being single with being unsuccessful in life? Is California governor Jerry Brown, who's never been married, a pitiful loser? Is George Clooney some kind of a schlemiel because he chooses to remain single, was Francis of Assisi a failure?

Oh well, I need to get back to caring for my seventeen cats and washing down my comfort food with more vodka, but thanks for your sweet nothings, you light up my life J.Kenyon.

PS, As for the charge that I'm the one who's grievously guilty of taking an ad hominem tack, well, hold on there, I'm never actually ad hominem. I sometimes do engage in psychological speculation about where people's political views come from, about the possible unconscious attitudes that may embody themselves in one's positions on societal issues. But then I always focus my amateur psychoanalysis on viewpoints, ideologies, and groups, not individuals.

I can't very well help it if some individuals identify with the viewpoints and ideologies I psychologically critique and take offense on a personal level. If I psychologize about neo-Nazism, for example, which is perfectly legitimate to do since at the heart of neo-Nazism is the psychological state of hate, there will be individual neo-Nazis who will feel like I'm getting ad hominem, and no doubt they would cry foul. But as I say, it's perfectly legit to examine their hateful psychopathology, given how key it is to understanding the nature of, and finding the chinks in their ideological armor.

Now of course the relevance of psychology is quite glaringly obvious when it comes to a philosophy such as Nazism, a philosophy that so patently stems from emotion and simplemindedness. But isn't psychology also relevant to a philosophy such as, say, conservatism or libertarianism? I beg to assert that it is. Conservatism/libertarianism is arguably not merely a rational way of interpreting politics and the realities of society, but rather a mentality with certain foibles that get in the way of one's human compassion and sense of social justice. It's this foibles-ridden mentality that I sometime dissect. This is quite justifiable, and as I'm not really picking on individuals, it's not ad hominem.

On the other hand, blatantly personal insults and rude comments targeted at my personality are unquestionably "ad hominem". It's individuals such as yourself, J.Kenyon, who seem to be reduced by a lack of good arguments or wit, or plain maturity, to resorting to name calling, and to telling me to "f*** off and die", and to reporting me to the moderators, etc. Well, someone's need to attack the individual is frequently a very telltale sign indeed of forensic weakness. What's even more pathetic, your aspersions aren't even that trenchant. Such as paralogistically putting me down as a loser because I'm single! Was that really the best you could come up with? If the intellectual quality of that insult is any indication you need a bit more practice at biting badinage.

At any rate, you and your fellow irascible right-libertarians are not at all victims of ad hominem pettiness from moi, tu quoque dear J.Kenyon, tu quoque.

tl;dr

J.Kenyon, shame on you.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:34:15 PM
but rather a mentality with certain foibles that get in the way of one's human compassion and sense of social justice
"Compassion" and "Social justice" are the foibles.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:15:42 PM
There's nothing wrong with being unmarried. Shame on you, Mr. Kenyon.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:18:09 PM
J.Kenyon: " Charles, I value your opinion on political philosophy more or less to the same extent that I value Joe the drunken hobo who hangs out on 4th street's opinion on brain surgery. You're a pathetic failure at life. You're 31 and single. No one reads your blog and no one here at DDO takes you seriously. Please fück off and die.":

As usual, it's too long. This is all I needed to hear.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:22:11 PM
At 2/13/2011 4:18:09 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
J.Kenyon: " Charles, I value your opinion on political philosophy more or less to the same extent that I value Joe the drunken hobo who hangs out on 4th street's opinion on brain surgery. You're a pathetic failure at life. You're 31 and single. No one reads your blog and no one here at DDO takes you seriously. Please fück off and die.":

As usual, it's too long. This is all I needed to hear.

read the tl;dr I added
:
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:26:55 PM
LOL. I'm sorry but Charles is hilarious.

(Ps. You tl;dr people... why bother posting about how you didn't read?)
President of DDO
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:27:18 PM
At 2/13/2011 4:23:52 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Blah blah blah, J.Kenyon owned me in a debate and then made fun of me.

Wanker.
:
:
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:53:29 PM
Duuude charles. Let me fix that for you brah.

Reading a mystery novel must be no fun for you at all, you must have the mystery all figured out by the first sentence on the first page, or perhaps you can divine the villain of the piece from the very title?

Reading a giant TLDR post is no fun for anyone, you must have figured out by now that this is all I do, I use commas for periods, and the only time I skip for paragraphs is when my cats accidentally step on my keyboard.

Hmm, and what are you anyway, a Masai tribesman for whom marital status and the number of a man's wives are an indication of his prosperity, how is it that you equate one being single with being unsuccessful in life?

Hmm, and what are you anyway? An orange space dinosaur for whom long verbose posts serve as the barter currency under the lizard-dino alliance, how is it that you write such short sentences that no one would accept in return for power crystals to be used as fuel in ye ol' cosmo-ship?

Is California governor Jerry Brown, who's never been married, a pitiful loser? Is George Clooney some kind of a schlemiel because he chooses to remain single, was Francis of Assisi a failure?

Is random political figure that you've never mentioned or heard of like me? Is random pop icon some kind of word I looked up at thesaurus.com because he's like me, was reverse-superman a failure?

Oh well, I need to get back to posting on the 17 boards with my awesome run on sentences with as few paragraph breaks as possible, but thanks for showing me a mirror, I'm going to just write another novel and not learn anything.

PS, I know its only halfway through the letter but I thought I'd add a post script, (comma), , , As for the charge that I'm the one guilty of actually really making every argument, every f*cking post about conservatives and right wingers, an ad hominem, I don't actually make any ad homs, I sometimes do make ad homs, but those aren't actually ad homs. But then I always dress up my childish ramblings with fancy words like psychoanalysis, and if someone calls me on it I'll just say "well comma I'm kind of an comma amateur at it comma this is a run on sentence no one can stop me capitalism is racist trolololol".

I can't very well help it if some individuals identify with the viewpoints and ideologies I psychologically critique and take offense on a personal level. If I psychologize about neo-Nazism, for example, which is perfectly legitimate to do since at the heart of neo-Nazism is the psychological state of hate, there will be individual neo-Nazis who will feel like I'm getting ad hominem, and no doubt they would cry foul.

I can't help it if I offend the people I troll and wonder why people don't like being trolled. If I write about neo-nazism, for example, which is really the only ideology more morally bankrupt than whatever garbage I believe, there will be individual neo-nazis who feel like its an ad homi,nem, and, no doubt, they would be absolutely right but I'll never tell them!

But as I say, it's perfectly legit to examine their hateful psychopathology, given how key it is to understanding the nature of, and finding the chinks in their ideological armor.

But as I say, it's perfectly legit to make ad homs as long as you don't call it an ad hom, because they're the key to my entire ideology, and whoops i just made a freudian slip revealing my closet racism.

comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma commacomma comma comma comma comma comma comma

And now I finally get to describing what an ad hom is. Even though users like J. Kenyon have won all their debates, including debates involving myself, they still don't have any good arguments and for some reason become very disturbed when I stick around masturbating in public about how bad capitalism is. What's even more pathetic, is that Sieben has to go to wiktionary to look up aspersions, which he later learned is just a synonym-noun for ad hom. FFS. Such made up words as paralogistically are copied from words like pseudo-scientific in an effort to be even classier. If the intellectual quality of Kenyon's insults is so low he can't even use a thesaurus or make up words, the indication is that you need a bit of practice alliterating alliteration alligators banana.

At any rate, my repertoire of SAT vocabulary words is running short, so let me bust out some latin cus that's always fancy: voulez vous couchez avec moi dear Kenyon, voulez vouz couchez avec moi.

You're welcome charles.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 5:18:08 PM
At 2/13/2011 4:53:29 PM, Sieben wrote:
Duuude charles. Let me fix that for you brah.

Reading a mystery novel must be no fun for you at all, you must have the mystery all figured out by the first sentence on the first page, or perhaps you can divine the villain of the piece from the very title?

Reading a giant TLDR post is no fun for anyone, you must have figured out by now that this is all I do, I use commas for periods, and the only time I skip for paragraphs is when my cats accidentally step on my keyboard.

This is such a WIN. *applause*
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:01:16 PM
Sieben is the bawm
:
:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:05:27 PM
Oh well, I need to get back to caring for my seventeen cats
Cats are definitely * communists.

*not
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:12:53 PM
Great job to Kenyon for pissing him off enough for him to dedicate a thread to you. On the other hand, bastard Kenyon for inspiring charles to write yet another stupid thread. I wouldn't be too full of yourself for outsmarting charles though, for obvious reasons.

Also, great job to Sieben for seeing the obviously horrendous writing style of this bag of wind.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:19:51 PM
At 2/13/2011 6:12:53 PM, innomen wrote:
Great job to Kenyon for pissing him off enough for him to dedicate a thread to you. On the other hand, bastard Kenyon for inspiring charles to write yet another stupid thread. I wouldn't be too full of yourself for outsmarting charles though, for obvious reasons.

Also, great job to Sieben for seeing the obviously horrendous writing style of this bag of wind.

jeez, i've not ever really read anything by the dude but you lot seem to really hate him? is it because ye think he's an idiot, or what? obviously you do going by your comment to jkenyon... i actually thought the start of this post was funny :) ..didn't make it far past the start though lol.. but from what i read, i thought he wrecked jkenyon.. who'd want to cop onto himself, in my opinion.. people have feelings innomen!
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:33:17 PM
At 2/13/2011 6:19:51 PM, badger wrote:

jeez, i've not ever really read anything by the dude but you lot seem to really hate him? is it because ye think he's an idiot, or what? obviously you do going by your comment to jkenyon... i actually thought the start of this post was funny :) ..didn't make it far past the start though lol.. but from what i read, i thought he wrecked jkenyon.. who'd want to cop onto himself, in my opinion.. people have feelings innomen!

Since his entrance to this site he's been nothing but a windbag who is in love with his own thoughts. Kenyon has skillfully put him in his own moronic place, and for that i was grateful. Been in a shi++y mood lately anyway, so once in a while i enjoy the dissection of an arrogant pompous pinhead like that. Yeah, bad mood.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:35:27 PM
Since his entrance to this site he's been nothing but a windbag who is in love with his own thoughts.:

^ This ^
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:36:14 PM
At 2/13/2011 6:33:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/13/2011 6:19:51 PM, badger wrote:

Since his entrance to this site he's been nothing but a windbag who is in love with his own thoughts. Kenyon has skillfully put him in his own moronic place, and for that i was grateful. Been in a shi++y mood lately anyway, so once in a while i enjoy the dissection of an arrogant pompous pinhead like that. Yeah, bad mood.

hey, not judging, just wondering! :) the last bit was a joke :)
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:08:02 PM
At 2/13/2011 6:37:41 PM, badger wrote:
and he does come across a bit of a windbag in love with his own thoughts lol..

No he looooovvvvvveeeeeeesssssss his thoughts because he's just so damn smarter than everyone else. I'm sure he gives himself a big smooch each morning.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:09:36 PM
I have his address and phone number

Prank calling him and recoding it for lulz
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:12:09 PM
At 2/13/2011 7:09:36 PM, askbob wrote:

Prank calling him and recoding it for lulz

yur a dangerous guy. Combine you and badger and the western world could be at its knees.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:15:35 PM
At 2/13/2011 7:09:36 PM, askbob wrote:

Prank calling him and recoding it for lulz:

Post it and I will lol endlessly.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:24:02 PM
http://www.upload-mp3.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos