Jump to topic:

Leaked Walker phone call?

Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:21:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We'll know soon if this is true... Either very good voice work and scripting or else real. Apparently Walker thinks it is one of his friends calling...
no comment
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:37:29 PM
At 2/23/2011 2:23:53 PM, Caramel wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com...

Wow. This guy is setting records.

This isn't anything new. It's the same thing as Joe Biden telling Obama that the healthcare bill was big fvucking deal..

It really is no secret what either side is up to, unless you are a sycophant.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:40:26 PM
at 1:40 Walker says something like: "and they can still get a check, but.. and this part we just love... their instructing them to lock them to their desks on the floor of the state senate."

Wow. So much for compassionate conservatism. Taking police action against senators of the opposing party? That's more than partisanship and polarization - that is the beginning of civil war.
no comment
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:42:22 PM
At 2/23/2011 2:40:26 PM, Caramel wrote:
at 1:40 Walker says something like: "and they can still get a check, but.. and this part we just love... their instructing them to lock them to their desks on the floor of the state senate."

Wow. So much for compassionate conservatism. Taking police action against senators of the opposing party? That's more than partisanship and polarization - that is the beginning of civil war.

God forbid you should actually enforce a law. I thought we are becoming anarchist anyway right?
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:49:40 PM
In the Fifth minute he talks about applying pressure to the unions by handing out layoff notices. Public workers are just pawns that he is sweeping off the board in a purely political move. This type of war-room politics by the right is quite sickening. In an abstract logical way, it's not that big of a deal because we expect such filthy sh*t from politicians, particularly someone like Walker, but this public blatancy might be pretty devastating the the right's image. When people hear how Walker regards them, sort of like rodents in an old barn, then they are going to rethink why they want him governing them.

I know I'll sure be referencing this in the future. DX
no comment
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 2:52:08 PM
At 2/23/2011 2:49:40 PM, Caramel wrote:
In the Fifth minute he talks about applying pressure to the unions by handing out layoff notices. Public workers are just pawns that he is sweeping off the board in a purely political move. This type of war-room politics by the right is quite sickening. In an abstract logical way, it's not that big of a deal because we expect such filthy sh*t from politicians, particularly someone like Walker, but this public blatancy might be pretty devastating the the right's image. When people hear how Walker regards them, sort of like rodents in an old barn, then they are going to rethink why they want him governing them.

I know I'll sure be referencing this in the future. DX

Union thug leaders don't have war-rooms, I agree with you Caramel.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:02:20 PM
At 2/23/2011 2:52:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Wow. I didn't elect union leaders. I don't have an implied oath to following the laws that union leaders put forth. What a pathetic analogy. I'll do you a favor and not rant on it.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:08:30 PM
At 2/23/2011 2:37:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/23/2011 2:23:53 PM, Caramel wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com...

Wow. This guy is setting records.

This isn't anything new. It's the same thing as Joe Biden telling Obama that the healthcare bill was big fvucking deal..

I don't see anything wrong with saying "it's a big fvcking deal." I see a lot wrong with Walker planning to lock Democrats to thier chairs and use people's jobs in my community as pawns in his political battle.
no comment
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:16:25 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:02:20 PM, Caramel wrote:

Wow. I didn't elect union leaders. I don't have an implied oath to following the laws that union leaders put forth. What a pathetic analogy. I'll do you a favor and not rant on it.

wait so its ok for unions to be bullies in their dealings with the government and the government just has to take it cause they're elected?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:40:39 PM

Union leaders are a Government Employee that I think is worth subsidizing. I agree with you on that one too Caramel.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:55:50 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:16:25 PM, belle wrote:

wait so its ok for unions to be bullies in their dealings with the government and the government just has to take it cause they're elected?

Belle do the unions make the laws that make me a criminal for possessing marijuana? Are the unions in control of the police and the military? Are the unions sworn to represent and serve me? Did we elect the unions in a democratic process to take control of us? Give me a break and stop blaming unions for my governor being a complete slimeball. If unions are that bad then fine, get rid of them. I'm not pro-union I don't really give a sh*t. But there is no excuse for my governor using jobs as pawns in petty political disputes.

Conservatives keep electing these private sector businessmen to office. A businessman decides whether or not I get to grow marijuana. A businessman decides whether or not a woman should be able to get an abortion; whether or not people can enter our country; whether or not someone should have the right to commit suicide; how many semesters I get to go to college before my aid is cut off; how the military ought to be executed; whether my neighborhood gets a school or not. Businessmen. Not trained in science; trained in economics. Not trained in sociology; trained in marketing and PR. Not trained to think sustainably for society; trained to think about short-term advancement of personal interests. Not valued based on ethics, charity, and goodwill; valued because of ambition.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:58:18 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:18:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I really didn't hear anything condemning.

P_L I bombard you with governmental ills to the point of exhaustion, and you don't hear anything condemning then so I am not surprised that you don't hear anything condemning now. Hell, do you even expect your government to be good people? By now you probably just consider them necessary evils.
no comment
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:59:23 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:58:18 PM, Caramel wrote:

P_L I bombard you with governmental ills to the point of exhaustion, and you don't hear anything condemning then so I am not surprised that you don't hear anything condemning now. Hell, do you even expect your government to be good people? By now you probably just consider them necessary evils.

lol thats what a government is.

i'm not suprised that politicians are slimeballs, nor am i surprised that union leaders are slimeballs. thats why the powers of both need to be limited :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 4:01:59 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:40:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Union leaders are a Government Employee that I think is worth subsidizing. I agree with you on that one too Caramel.

I haven't put much effort into understanding unions; I understand the balance of power involved and I'm more interested in decreasing power on the business end rather than balancing it out with 'union thugs.' I think it's nice that the people have the unions in a general sense since unions are equipped to defend them better than on their own, but I'd rather escape the game than become good at it.
no comment
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 4:04:16 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:55:50 PM, Caramel wrote:

Belle do the unions make the laws that make me a criminal for possessing marijuana? Are the unions in control of the police and the military? Are the unions sworn to represent and serve me? Did we elect the unions in a democratic process to take control of us? Give me a break and stop blaming unions for my governor being a complete slimeball. If unions are that bad then fine, get rid of them. I'm not pro-union I don't really give a sh*t. But there is no excuse for my governor using jobs as pawns in petty political disputes.

Well there is the solution then! All the taxpayer money subsidizing Union leaders should go to the Pot Growers Association of America. (PGAA) You'll have bi-partisan support from both liberals and right wingers!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 4:08:00 PM

P_L I bombard you with governmental ills to the point of exhaustion, and you don't hear anything condemning then so I am not surprised that you don't hear anything condemning now. Hell, do you even expect your government to be good people? By now you probably just consider them necessary evils.:

I haven't read all the posts, so I don't know what I was bombarded by. Perhaps you can give me a recap.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 4:11:09 PM
At 2/23/2011 3:59:23 PM, belle wrote:

lol thats what a government is.

i'm not suprised that politicians are slimeballs, nor am i surprised that union leaders are slimeballs. thats why the powers of both need to be limited :P

Limited to nothing. How much power would you want a man like Walker having over you?
no comment
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:13:34 PM
So now they want to make spoof phone calls illegal. I pasted the article below in italics because the ads make this NYTimes piece quite a challenge to access.

http://newsfeed.time.com...

On the heels of an embarrassing prank call made by Ian Murphy to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker two weeks ago, lawmakers from the state have introduced a bill that would make spoof calls illegal, thereby breaking the hearts of teenager girls and radio hosts across the state.

State Sen. Mary Lazich and State Rep. Mark Honadel, both Republicans (as is Gov. Walker), drafted the bill, which would prohibit tricking a call recipient into believing that the person on the line is someone they are not.

The legislation would make it illegal to defraud, cause harm or wrongfully obtain information, as well as use services to transmit inaccurate caller ID, a representative of Rep. Honadel told the Badger Herald. It would also prohibit individuals from masking their voices or providing fake phone numbers to the call recipient.

A person who violates the bill could be subject to a fine of $1,000 to $10,000 for each prank call. Law enforcement officials and government agencies will be exempt, of course.

The legislators maintain that this bill has nothing to do with the recent prank in which Murphy pretended to be billionaire Republican donor David Koch in an effort to engage Gov. Walker in a conversation about Wisconsin's labor unions. Instead, the lawmakers said in a statement that, "While use of spoofing is said to have some legitimate uses, it can also be used to frighten, harass and potentially defraud." No word yet on whether calling schoolgirl crushes, giggling and hanging up will be included.

A couple other related links:

http://www.wbay.com...

http://filterednews.wordpress.com...
kfc
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:19:55 PM
At 3/7/2011 10:13:34 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
http://filterednews.wordpress.com...

"Walker: Public employees are more richly compensated than their public sector counterparts.

The truth: According to the Economic Policy Institute, wages and salaries of state and local employees are lower than those for private sector employees with comparable earnings determinants such as education and work experience. State workers typically are under-compensated by 8.2% in Wisconsin."

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the pensions, which are competely ridiculous for public sector workers, and much more than make up for any such difference in pay (if it exists).
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.