Jump to topic:

On The Topic Of Conservatives

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 1:35:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Many think that I am out to criticize or condemn Conservatives, so I thought I'd clarify a few things.

I'm actually not that opposed to Conservatism as people generally think. I listen to Conservative talk radio weekly and I find myself in agreement with most of what they're saying, and I also find it informative. The reason for this is that I can sympathize with their economic and sometimes foreign relations positions, however, I absolutely despise their stances on social issues.

So there you have it. I don't have that much of a grudge against Conservatives. Apparently a few seemed to be offended by my last thread, but the point of that thread was for laughs, not necessarily to bash Conservatism in general (though a lot of that did go on there as well). However, I do stand by my strong stance against the Conservative view against multi-culturalism.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 7:59:43 AM
Multiculturalism runs counter to human nature, multicultural societies are afflicted with numerous social ills and/or have to invest tremendous amounts of energy to prevent them.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 8:53:54 AM
At 3/2/2011 1:35:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Many think that I am out to criticize or condemn Conservatives, so I thought I'd clarify a few things.

I'm actually not that opposed to Conservatism as people generally think. I listen to Conservative talk radio weekly and I find myself in agreement with most of what they're saying, and I also find it informative. The reason for this is that I can sympathize with their economic and sometimes foreign relations positions, however, I absolutely despise their stances on social issues.

So there you have it. I don't have that much of a grudge against Conservatives. Apparently a few seemed to be offended by my last thread, but the point of that thread was for laughs, not necessarily to bash Conservatism in general (though a lot of that did go on there as well). However, I do stand by my strong stance against the Conservative view against multi-culturalism.

The conservatives of the country collectively let out a sigh of relief knowing that Geo isn't out for them now.