Jump to topic:

2012 predictions

Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 5:51:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok. Who do you think will run in the Republican and Democratic primaries for President? Who will win the primary? Who do you THINK will win the election? Who do you WANT to win?

Here's my guess.

Obama's gonna hands down win the Dem nomination. A few others might run, too, but Obama's got it.

I think Gingrich will end up getting the nomination since Huckabee isn't running. Republicans won't select Romney since he's Mormon. I actually think Christie, Bachman, and Trump will be stupid enough to run, though.

I want and I think Obama will win again in 2012. He has a 54 percent approval rating. At this point in their term, Clinton had a 40% rating and Bush had 45%. Obama's gonna win.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 5:52:28 PM
I'm predicting that there will be some people who run for president of the USA.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 5:56:05 PM
At 3/7/2011 5:51:57 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
Ok. Who do you think will run in the Republican and Democratic primaries for President? Who will win the primary? Who do you THINK will win the election? Who do you WANT to win?

Here's my guess.

Obama's gonna hands down win the Dem nomination. A few others might run, too, but Obama's got it.

I think Gingrich will end up getting the nomination since Huckabee isn't running. Republicans won't select Romney since he's Mormon. I actually think Christie, Bachman, and Trump will be stupid enough to run, though.

I want and I think Obama will win again in 2012. He has a 54 percent approval rating. At this point in their term, Clinton had a 40% rating and Bush had 45%. Obama's gonna win.

Most likely yes. I think if Palin can get the tea party moving again, she might run, but with it being recently quiet (out of the tea party), she won't run, but even if she does, she won't win.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 6:23:10 PM
candidates will be
Mitt Romney
Mike Huckabee
Newt Gingrich
Mitch Daniels
Ron Paul
Maybe Pawlenty and Palin too
wishful thinking that Palin is a maybe at best, I hope she doesn't even consider it.
Is there a democratic primary ? I always thought it was just the incumbent
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 6:24:00 PM
At 3/7/2011 6:23:10 PM, lewis20 wrote:
candidates will be
Mitt Romney
Mike Huckabee
Newt Gingrich
Mitch Daniels
Ron Paul
Maybe Pawlenty and Palin too
wishful thinking that Palin is a maybe at best, I hope she doesn't even consider it.
Is there a democratic primary ? I always thought it was just the incumbent

It usually is, but not always.

Also, is that list the order of which you would like to see them?
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 6:25:39 PM
Look fellas, I am extremely far right on the political axis (as the name says), but here is what I personally think. Sarah Palin could easily win the Republican vote, but does she have the "crossing-over" ability such as Mike Huckabee and win some democrat vote? I think not.

My vote is Ron Paul. I know that he is a libertarian, but seeing how he was able to raise his son to be a U.S. Senator, I think that shows you what he is capable of. If a father can raise a son to be a U.S. Senator, don't you folks think there is some hidden potential behind this fellow? He clearly has great potential.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 6:26:28 PM
I bet Mitt Romney gets it but I'd like to see Paul or Daniels get it.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 6:27:39 PM
At 3/7/2011 6:25:39 PM, Extremely-Far-Right wrote:
Look fellas, I am extremely far right on the political axis (as the name says), but here is what I personally think. Sarah Palin could easily win the Republican vote, but does she have the "crossing-over" ability such as Mike Huckabee and win some democrat vote? I think not.

My vote is Ron Paul. I know that he is a libertarian, but seeing how he was able to raise his son to be a U.S. Senator, I think that shows you what he is capable of. If a father can raise a son to be a U.S. Senator, don't you folks think there is some hidden potential behind this fellow? He clearly has great potential.

...? The fallacies here make me salute you.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 7:12:43 PM
Obama will get Dem.

Either Gingrich or someone who is currently vague and not really in the spot light will get Rep.

Obama will win.

I hope they all die.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 7:23:07 PM
If a decent Republican gets nominated Obama loses.
There are a couple decent republicans by the way.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 8:02:36 PM
- Obama wins Democratic primary

- Romney, Pawlenty, Daniels, Huntsman, Gingrich, Buddy Roemer, Haley Barbour, all certain to run; most likely Huckabee, Palin, Christie, won't run.

- Several weeks of demagoguery and eye-pulling-out tactics, including someone falling due to sex scandal

- Romney wins

- Obama wins general election
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 8:06:17 PM
At 3/7/2011 8:02:36 PM, Volkov wrote:

- Romney, Pawlenty, Daniels, Huntsman, Gingrich, Buddy Roemer, Haley Barbour, all certain to run; most likely Huckabee, Palin, Christie, won't run.

- Several weeks of demagoguery and eye-pulling-out tactics, including someone falling due to sex scandal

- Romney wins

Forgot about Santorum. That's likely the sex scandal that will make someone fall.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 8:07:44 PM
There shall, in that time, be *rumors* of things going astray, errrm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi - with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 9:21:27 PM

- Romney wins

- Jhary assassinates Obama
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 9:52:36 PM
At 3/7/2011 7:23:07 PM, lewis20 wrote:

With the way everything is going now, Obama is almost certain to win. With approvals much better then most presidents at this time in their 1st term before him, and the economy slowly getting better (although it did seem to have a jump last month) he is going to get elected.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:06:44 PM
At 3/7/2011 9:52:36 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/7/2011 7:23:07 PM, lewis20 wrote:

With the way everything is going now, Obama is almost certain to win. With approvals much better then most presidents at this time in their 1st term before him, and the economy slowly getting better (although it did seem to have a jump last month) he is going to get elected.

Unemployment is still near 9%, Obama has gained zero supporters with the job he's done, a large portion of his supporters are put off by all his lies. Obama is in no way "almost certain to win"

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:12:58 PM
At 3/7/2011 6:25:39 PM, Extremely-Far-Right wrote:

Flawed logic, correct conclusion.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:14:56 PM
At 3/7/2011 9:21:27 PM, Koopin wrote:

- Romney wins

- Jhary assassinates Obama

Then establishs dictatorship and bans ALL kfc.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 10:59:35 PM
At 3/7/2011 5:51:57 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

I think Gingrich will end up getting the nomination since Huckabee isn't running.

What the Dawkins? Since when has Huckabee made a statement about not running 2012? If he has this is news to me, please provide a source to this.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:17:33 PM
Did anyone else think this thread was about Nostradamus?....
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:18:53 PM
At 3/7/2011 10:59:35 PM, Marauder wrote:
What the Dawkins? Since when has Huckabee made a statement about not running 2012? If he has this is news to me, please provide a source to this.

He's made a lot of moves seemingly towards not running, including the termination of his exploratory committee and several statements that would make someone think he's thinking twice, including a basic admission that the Republicans would have a really tough time beating Obama, and that's his own personal opinion. People think he may wait until 2016.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:20:57 PM
Ron Paul will win.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:25:53 PM
At 3/7/2011 11:20:57 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Ron Paul will win.

I actually hope this does not happen. So many supposed radicals place faith in him, like yourself, that they might just quite down if he gets elected. What we need is someone even more fascistesque than usual. This will get people mobilized for direct-action.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 12:40:33 AM
At 3/7/2011 11:17:33 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
Did anyone else think this thread was about Nostradamus?....

Why would a Nostradamus thread be in the politics forum?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 12:56:40 AM
At 3/7/2011 11:18:53 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 3/7/2011 10:59:35 PM, Marauder wrote:

He's made a lot of moves seemingly towards not running, including the termination of his exploratory committee and several statements that would make someone think he's thinking twice, including a basic admission that the Republicans would have a really tough time beating Obama, and that's his own personal opinion. People think he may wait until 2016.

Oh. Well I guess I couldnt argue with him if those are his reasons for not running. It takes a lot of resources to run for President, and when its kind of clear right now Obama will almost definitly keep office, it would be worth waiting for the next election to run against a non-incumbant presidential canidate.

But on the other hand, if one does have plans for the 2016 election, shouldnt you still give it your all in the 2012 election that holds only certain defeate, just for the name recognition it will earn you? I didnt even know who Ron Paul was until he ran on the national scene, no he's a fairly well known name with a lot of continueing supporters. Mcain had to run in several Primary elections, always loosing before he had the support to be the GOP cannidate.

Granted though; Mcain is so rich he has like 30 houses supposedly so its easier for him to just commit to running a caimpaign on a national ticket. And Huckabee is kind of maintaining face time to a smaller degree with his talk show. The show will only help him win over republicans though, but thats important for him since he didnt win them over in the 2008 election.

A Scout is Obedient.