Jump to topic:

Grading the President!

Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:05:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
On a scale of 1-10, how would you grade President Obama at his job as President of the United States? And explain why.

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq, every single country doesn't hate us anymore, and the economy is turning around. Not to mention we finally passed national healthcare.

Can't wait to see your opinions!
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:37:59 PM
At 3/8/2011 8:05:20 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how would you grade President Obama at his job as President of the United States? And explain why.

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq,
Afghanistan anyone?

every single country doesn't hate us anymore,

Only Mexico loves us.

and the economy is turning around.

Yes we have learned to embrace 9% as the new "Low point" for unemployment.

Not to mention we finally passed national healthcare.

It has not passed the courts by a long shot.

Lies!
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:42:12 PM

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq

Wait, what?

every single country doesn't hate us anymore?

Seriously?

Is this a joke?

Not to mention we finally passed national healthcare.

And this is good because...?

0/10
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:51:04 PM
3/10. He can't manage to accomplish any structural reform, and he's probably the most politically weak individual I've ever seen. The only positive theme of his presidency is foreign policy, which has at least slightly shifted away from the Bush Doctrine.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:51:55 PM
At 3/8/2011 8:42:12 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq

Wait, what?

Combat operations are over, and troop withdrawal has been underway for quite some time now.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:56:41 PM
At 3/8/2011 8:51:04 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
3/10. He can't manage to accomplish any structural reform, and he's probably the most politically weak individual I've ever seen. The only positive theme of his presidency is foreign policy, which has at least slightly shifted away from the Bush Doctrine.

He does great in places like Egypt when he can basically pay off the Egyptian military, Places like Libya he is useless, since it calls for a military and you can't bribe an insane man.
Foreign policy is way harder than most people realize.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:59:52 PM

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq, every single country doesn't hate us anymore, and the economy is turning around. Not to mention we finally passed national healthcare.

HA HA HA! Everything about this post is wrong and funny.
kfc
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:24:43 PM

I'd give him a 7. He got us outta Iraq, every single country doesn't hate us anymore,
He gets a 4. And no he didn't. We're still there.

and the economy is turning around. Not to mention we finally passed national healthcare.

A p!ss poor excuse for healthcare because the Republicans scared him.

http://www.peopleofcolororganize.com...
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:35:40 PM
I give obama osama a 1 he spemds to much money the health care bill is a joke and he gave a speech to first graders about complicated economics! THERE FIRST GADERS OBAMA! I cant belive you all elected this imbisil as president.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:47:43 PM
At 3/8/2011 9:35:40 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
I give obama osama a 1 he spemds to much money the health care bill is a joke and he gave a speech to first graders about complicated economics! THERE FIRST GADERS OBAMA! I cant belive you all elected this imbisil as president.

Why, I do believe I smell a troll!
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:11:51 PM

No he didn't.

Not every country hated us before (not that I was a fan of Bush by any means). And this is a far cry from every country loving us.

Uh huh.

0/10.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:09:08 PM
I give him a 3. He tricked OP into thinking we're out of Iraq, he hands out rimjobs to every country and passes the STDs on to you, and the economy is chugging along in the usual cycle. Not to mention he suddenly socialized healthcare.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:14:31 PM
D

Not satisfactory but not quite failing. He hasn't done anything I would call good but he hasn't made anything notably worse. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and fail him because he hasn't caused a major catastrophe yet. If anything he's been too impotent to screw up things. See: failing to get reform goal through despite overwhelming political advantage.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:15:41 PM
I'd like to add that he will probably be better than any serious opponent he has in 2012. I'll take an Obama over a Huckabee any day.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:16:16 PM

lol, I haven't even looked at any of the responses, but I expect a bunch of 0-2.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:21:23 PM
At 3/8/2011 8:37:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Afghanistan anyone?

Only Mexico loves us.

Hey the stimulus curved unemployment at 7.8% ergh I mean just be glad its not 13%
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:23:25 PM
At 3/8/2011 11:16:16 PM, OreEle wrote:

lol, I haven't even looked at any of the responses, but I expect a bunch of 0-2.

If we were to grade all the presidents the class average would probably be in the 2/10 or D range so I think he's doing fine, actually.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:25:34 PM
At 3/8/2011 11:21:23 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/8/2011 8:37:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Afghanistan anyone?

Only Mexico loves us.

Hey the stimulus curved unemployment at 7.8% ergh I mean just be glad its not 13%

There ya go! He got us 1.2% better than the accepted mark of 9%!
At least a D, certainly not failing.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:47:51 PM
At 3/8/2011 11:26:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Same grade for every politician.

What if you had to expand that and all the politicians were stretched between 1 and 10

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:10:20 AM
At 3/8/2011 11:47:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/8/2011 11:26:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Same grade for every politician.

What if you had to expand that and all the politicians were stretched between 1 and 10

You mean how good do I think he is compared to other politicians? At that point the only things I would basing it on are non-political. I don't know him personally but he seems like an ok guy. He's more intelligent and entertaining that bush. A 6 , I suppose.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:20:33 AM
I'm going to be brave and say 8.7/10.

Obama has the three main things a good politician should have:
1. Intelligence +1
2. Prudence +3
3. A conciliatory nature +5

1. He has brought a health care plan that, at the very least, is several times better than the status quo. If you want to disagree with me on this, then you will also be disagreeing with the CBO and several other prominent groups. Of course, it would seem that many of you do disagree with the CBO.

2. The War In Afghanistan does have a deadline thanks in part to Obama. U.S. armed forces are set to depart in an orderly fashion. Although I would certainly be willing to concede that his hand may have been partially forced on this issue.

3. The Repeal of DADT was certainly welcome. I don't think any reasonable person in possession of all the facts could find that objectionable.

4. Obama signed SCHIP.

5. Obama is no longer going to support DOMA in federal court. (If the House votes were there, he would repeal the law. They aren't. But this is good enough.)

6. Unless I am mistaken, which I do not believe that I am, unemployment is at about 8.9 percent right now. Of course, that's dismal, but it's still a noteworthy improvement over what used to be the case. The President, his Chiefs of Staff and his economic policies certainly deserve some of the credit for this. In any case, things will likely continue to improve.

7. Obama lifted the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. Obviously, if you believe in a small government, you will be against it. However, insofar as any project merits tax payer dollars, funding stem cell research should be high atop the list of priorities.

I could keep going. But I doubt you'll like the rest if you don't like what I have so far.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:29:02 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:20:33 AM, Freeman wrote:
2. The War In Afghanistan does have a deadline thanks in part to Obama. U.S. armed forces are set to depart in an orderly fashion. Although I would certainly be willing to concede that his hand may have been partially forced on this issue.

HA
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:33:46 AM
I'm going to be brave and say 8.7/10.

Obama has the three main things a good politician should have:
1. Intelligence +1
2. Prudence +3
3. A conciliatory nature +5

1. He has brought a health care plan that, at the very least, is several times better than the status quo. If you want to disagree with me on this, then you will also be disagreeing with the CBO and several other prominent groups. Of course, it would seem that many of you do disagree with the CBO.

3. The Repeal of DADT was certainly welcome. I don't think any reasonable person in possession of all the facts could find that objectionable.

4. Obama signed SCHIP.

5. Obama is no longer going to support DOMA in federal court. (If the House votes were there, he would repeal the law. They aren't. But this is good enough.)

6. Unless I am mistaken, which I do not believe that I am, unemployment is at about 8.9 percent right now. Of course, that's dismal, but it's still a noteworthy improvement over what used to be the case. The President, his Chiefs of Staff and his economic policies certainly deserve some of the credit for this. In any case, things will likely continue to improve.

7. Obama lifted the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. Obviously, if you believe in a small government, you will be against it. However, insofar as any project merits tax payer dollars, funding stem cell research should be high atop the list of priorities.

I could keep going. But I doubt you'll like the rest if you don't like what I have so far.

I'll give you twice as many bad things he did and I don't even agree with most the ones you put forward as good.

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:34:18 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:29:02 AM, FREEDO wrote:

HA

"Ha" as in you're wrong or "Ha" as in that's unimportant?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:35:45 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:34:18 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/9/2011 12:29:02 AM, FREEDO wrote:

HA

"Ha" as in you're wrong or "Ha" as in that's unimportant?

If I had to guess I'd say hes referring to how Obama increased troop levels and pushed back the deadline to leave.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:39:45 AM
6. Unless I am mistaken, which I do not believe that I am, unemployment is at about 8.9 percent right now. Of course, that's dismal, but it's still a noteworthy improvement over what used to be the case. The President, his Chiefs of Staff and his economic policies certainly deserve some of the credit for this.
Correlation says what about causation?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.