Jump to topic:

Stopbullying.gov

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 8:06:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seldom has so much irony been encapsulated in a URL alone.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:17:15 PM
At 3/11/2011 8:06:19 PM, Reasoning wrote:

....I don't get it :P
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:20:45 PM
At 3/11/2011 10:17:15 PM, jmar8542 wrote:

guvmint is inherently bullying. If you believe government is necessary (which I do) you are to that extent in favor of bullying, at the least, SOMEONE. Exactly who depends on what sort of government.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:26:16 PM
At 3/11/2011 10:20:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

guvmint is inherently bullying. If you believe government is necessary (which I do) you are to that extent in favor of bullying, at the least, SOMEONE. Exactly who depends on what sort of government.

OH! ".gov"....missed that part. lol
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 11:12:05 PM

guvmint is inherently bullying. If you believe government is necessary (which I do) you are to that extent in favor of bullying, at the least, SOMEONE. Exactly who depends on what sort of government.:

*sigh*

Ragnar, you are literally my only minarchist ally on this entire site... It's time to step up with me and pwn b*tches with the blistering logic I know you possess.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 11:38:02 AM
At 3/11/2011 11:12:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

guvmint is inherently bullying. If you believe government is necessary (which I do) you are to that extent in favor of bullying, at the least, SOMEONE. Exactly who depends on what sort of government.:

*sigh*

Ragnar, you are literally my only minarchist ally on this entire site... It's time to step up with me and pwn b*tches with the blistering logic I know you possess.

I think i'm pretty much a minarchist, but no one knows what that is. Even my spell check doesn't know what it is. They're all varying degrees of libertarianism to me.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 1:07:13 PM
Test your bullying knowledge
FACT: People who bully have power over those they bully.
FACT: Spreading rumors is a form of bullying.
FACT: Dwight Schrute was consulted in the creation of this website
http://www.stopbullying.gov...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 3:20:01 PM
At 3/12/2011 11:38:02 AM, innomen wrote:

*sigh*

I think i'm pretty much a minarchist, but no one knows what that is. Even my spell check doesn't know what it is. They're all varying degrees of libertarianism to me.

A minarchist limits the government solely to stopping initiation of force against persons or property, does not permit government funding mechanisms that constitute this, and differs from an anarcho-capitalist in that they recognize jurisdictional property (Because the arguments for jurisdictional property and intellectual property are similar in many ways, a minarchist is incidentally much more likely than an ancap to support intellectual property. Though the analogy is closer to broadcast spectrum property).

Note that this is probably a minority definition among the already small minority of people calling themselves minarchists. I'm not entirely certain anyone else has ever used the term "Jurisdictional property." Google searching the term in quotes mostly seems to come up with things like "Jurisdictional property tax" or "Outer-jurisdictional property" or whatever, meaning they are comparing the treatment of property between jurisdictions rather than treating jurisdiction as a form of property. While most self-declared Objectivists are against taxation and in favor of user fees (and the rest are jackass hypocrites on an appalling scale by definition), most don't actually tend to air their thoughts on the issue much (Not to mention the majority maintain Rand's personal distaste for using succinct terms like "minarchist" or "libertarian" to demarcate precisely what Objectivists might have in common with some non-Objectivists.). And most people who call themselves "minarchists" are jackass hypocrites who support taxes (Their jackass hypocrisy despite being present is lesser because the term "minarchy" was never intended to be that broad by its coiner who was not a minarchist, although it's useless if all you want to describe is another vague classical liberal whose political philosophy consists of the truism that they are against all the government except what they think necessary. At which point they don't distinguish themselves much from a sophistocated totalitarian. If it was possible to describe something coherent and meaningful with the term that was less specific than what I offer, I'd leave the term to those cowardly curs, but since it is of no use unless I wrest it from their grasp, I shall seek to do so).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 3:21:05 PM
At 3/12/2011 1:07:13 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Test your bullying knowledge
FACT: People who bully have power over those they bully.
FACT: Spreading rumors is a form of bullying.
FACT: Dwight Schrute was consulted in the creation of this website
http://www.stopbullying.gov...

this thread is great
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 3:28:14 PM

*sigh*

I'm a minarchist, just not as active on the forums.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
JimProfit1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 4:46:40 PM
Moderators are bullies. But I don't know if I'd be able to contact 911 about it, because I am of legal age. This website implies bullying may not "only be boys", but apparently is only of minors. Like adults can't be bullied?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 4:49:28 PM
At 3/12/2011 4:46:40 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:
Moderators are bullies. But I don't know if I'd be able to contact 911 about it, because I am of legal age. This website implies bullying may not "only be boys", but apparently is only of minors. Like adults can't be bullied?

I'd be guessing that you're gonna be feeling some yourself; just a prediction.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 5:12:41 PM
At 3/12/2011 4:49:28 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 4:46:40 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:

No worries though. JimProfit isn't a real person. He's an incredibly annoying, though quite creative, troll.
JimProfit1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 6:34:48 PM

I don't like being threatened. Do it again and you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

You do not want to get on my bad side. Mods are about to learn that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 6:38:00 PM
At 3/12/2011 6:34:48 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:

I don't like being threatened. Do it again and you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

You do not want to get on my bad side. Mods are about to learn that.:

Bwahahahahaha, what a f*cking f@g!!!

Toughen up, Nancy.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 7:01:25 PM

Haha
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 7:05:27 PM
Mods are indeed usually incredibly annoying, authoritarian pricks.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
david567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:21:06 PM
People who bully other people are cowards, if you stick up for yourself they will back away if not, show them a piece of yourself.

Like beating the crap out of them
Religious but not spiritual : )
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:54:01 PM

Do you really just threaten someone because you felt threatened by them?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"