Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Ideologies changed Presidents... Predictions?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:06:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ideology has changed drastically over the span of United States history, so how would older presidents look today in 2011?

Reagan=Centrist leaning liberal
Nixon= Liberal
Cleveland= Conservative/ libertarian
Jefferson= Conservative/ libertarian
Lincoln= Liberal/ progressive
FDR= Progressive

What do you guys think.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:22:32 PM
At 3/14/2011 10:06:33 AM, comoncents wrote:
Ideology has changed drastically over the span of United States history, so how would older presidents look today in 2011?

Nixon= Liberal
FDR= Progressive

What do you guys think.

Wait when was FDR not progressie? That other stuff seems cool though.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:59:44 PM

Reagan was a neoliberal.

Nixon= Liberal

Nixon was an anarchist.

Cleveland was a liberal.

Jefferson was a liberal.

Lincoln was a conservative.

FDR= Progressive

FDR was a fascist.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
JimProfit1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 7:13:13 PM
Reagan was a bat sh1t crazy neo-con who was convinced it was his duty to save the world from communism, and his Reaganomics caused a lot of the problems we have today. Republicans worship him precisely because he was so insane, you couldn't even tell when the alzhemiers started kicking in!

Every republican tries to forget Nixon. Nixon was one of those uncharismatic people, who probably had good intent, and thats why he couldn't last long. He wasn't as pure intentioned as JFK, which is the only reason they didn't kill his @ss. But he knew the turn around, and quite honestly, he probably regrets a lot of his decisions being a pawn in their game much like Woodrow Wilson.

FDR was a magic man! He was a miracle worker who had so many good ideas when it came to economics, he was probably the single reason we got out of the depression, and don't have ten year olds working in mine fields right now. I wish we had another FDR!

Abraham Lincoln was a federalist. For that, I respect him. The confederacy was a bunch of inbred hicks who clinged to their economic monopoly of slavery, and wanted "states rights". You know what states rights is? Succession and mutiny! You may as well be a different country. A different country that expects America to bail you out and implement that sweet constitution when it suits you. Screw off. The confederates deserved to lose, and should've been more brutally murdered. As well, the south back then was infested with perverts and homosexuals. Whore houses on every street corner, thanks to the liberal Christian doctrine of Mormons and Protestants. It's a shame we didn't learn that lesson and to this day, the country is infested with harlots.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 7:37:03 PM
At 3/14/2011 6:59:44 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Reagan was a neoliberal.

Nixon= Liberal

Nixon was an anarchist.

Cleveland was a liberal.

Jefferson was a liberal.

Lincoln was a conservative.

FDR= Progressive

FDR was a fascist.

You missed the point.
If you categorized under the todays changed ideologies, how would they look?
Not when they were president. Using the word "was" is missing the point.

Use the words... "Would be today"
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 7:40:35 PM
At 3/14/2011 7:13:13 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:
Reagan was a bat sh1t crazy neo-con who was convinced it was his duty to save the world from communism, and his Reaganomics caused a lot of the problems we have today. Republicans worship him precisely because he was so insane, you couldn't even tell when the alzhemiers started kicking in!

Every republican tries to forget Nixon. Nixon was one of those uncharismatic people, who probably had good intent, and thats why he couldn't last long. He wasn't as pure intentioned as JFK, which is the only reason they didn't kill his @ss. But he knew the turn around, and quite honestly, he probably regrets a lot of his decisions being a pawn in their game much like Woodrow Wilson.

FDR was a magic man! He was a miracle worker who had so many good ideas when it came to economics, he was probably the single reason we got out of the depression, and don't have ten year olds working in mine fields right now. I wish we had another FDR!

Abraham Lincoln was a federalist. For that, I respect him. The confederacy was a bunch of inbred hicks who clinged to their economic monopoly of slavery, and wanted "states rights". You know what states rights is? Succession and mutiny! You may as well be a different country. A different country that expects America to bail you out and implement that sweet constitution when it suits you. Screw off. The confederates deserved to lose, and should've been more brutally murdered. As well, the south back then was infested with perverts and homosexuals. Whore houses on every street corner, thanks to the liberal Christian doctrine of Mormons and Protestants. It's a shame we didn't learn that lesson and to this day, the country is infested with harlots.

Stop using the word "was," I am aware of the history of the Presidents.

Use the word... "is today"

I am asking how they would be portrayed today in this political ideology.
JimProfit1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 8:19:44 PM
Why you telling me? I was simply listing my view of them. I really couldn't care less how today's society viewed them, seeing as modern western society is wrong about everything. But more then likely they'd like Reagan even more, Nixon even less. It'd pretty much be the same, just more extreme.
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 8:31:19 PM
At 3/14/2011 8:19:44 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:
Why you telling me? I was simply listing my view of them. I really couldn't care less how today's society viewed them, seeing as modern western society is wrong about everything. But more then likely they'd like Reagan even more, Nixon even less. It'd pretty much be the same, just more extreme.

So if modern society thought you were straight then you aren't? Based on your statement "modern society is wrong about everything" then you must actually be gay.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 8:54:38 PM
At 3/14/2011 7:13:13 PM, JimProfit1 wrote:
The confederacy was a bunch of inbred hicks....

I know why you might not like hicks. They are very unsymmpathetic to gays. It's okay. Were they mean to you?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.