Jump to topic:

New Orleans vs Japan

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 9:53:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just look at the high moral character of the people of Japan compared to the wild jackals and and hyenas that inhabit that cesspool of humanity called New Orleans. Japan will rebuild all that devastation without so much as a single complaint. While it will take the people of New Orleans decades to build a few hundred houses if they build anymore at all. I think they are up to 25 or 35 a year last I checked. The people of Japan will now school the rest of the world on what character and high moral values will achieve. New Orleans will school the world on what debauchery, promiscuity and a culture of entitlement won't achieve.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:24:08 PM
At 3/14/2011 9:53:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
Just look at the high moral character of the people of Japan compared to the wild jackals and and hyenas that inhabit that cesspool of humanity called New Orleans. Japan will rebuild all that devastation without so much as a single complaint. While it will take the people of New Orleans decades to build a few hundred houses if they build anymore at all. I think they are up to 25 or 35 a year last I checked. The people of Japan will now school the rest of the world on what character and high moral values will achieve. New Orleans will school the world on what debauchery, promiscuity and a culture of entitlement won't achieve.

The Japanese have set standard for the next mega disaster. I am not sure if us Americans, as a whole, can compete with that level of character. The tsunami pales in comparison against the character of the Japanese. I really am in awe and respect of them.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:47:39 PM
While it will take the people of New Orleans decades to build a few hundred houses if they build anymore at all.

Then they are doing the right thing; New Orleans should not be there in the first place.
kfc
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:49:05 PM
At 3/14/2011 10:47:39 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
While it will take the people of New Orleans decades to build a few hundred houses if they build anymore at all.

Then they are doing the right thing; New Orleans should not be there in the first place.

You? Speaking sense? Harsh, cruel sense?

Oh lawdy what happened to the world?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:58:32 PM

Oh yeah? Let me see you build a fvckin house with a properly working sceptic system, ventilation, and all the complex architecture that goes into it. You probably can't even build a birdhouse so shut the fvck up.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:00:42 PM

Look at our government's response compared to their government's response. Look at our culture of "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps," and look at their culture of cohesion. This disaster WILL cripple their country for a while - but they will rise above it better, and stronger than we rose about Katrina for many reasons.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:01:48 PM
Ha thats great

"I think it's wonderful that — no matter how many times God explicitly tells us New Orleans is doomed — we keep trying to save it"
-the chick from the Onion
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:04:52 PM
At 3/14/2011 10:58:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Oh yeah? Let me see you build a fvckin house with a properly working sceptic system, ventilation, and all the complex architecture that goes into it. You probably can't even build a birdhouse so shut the fvck up.

Hahaha. Yes. Please don't blame the people of New Orleans. Blame our ridiculous culture - because all of America should have been helping. Our country is full of pathetic, racist sumbags like yourself, OP, who really can't seem to realize that THEY are the reason why our nation fails.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:20:15 PM
At 3/14/2011 11:00:42 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Look at our government's response compared to their government's response. Look at our culture of "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps," and look at their culture of cohesion. This disaster WILL cripple their country for a while - but they will rise above it better, and stronger than we rose about Katrina for many reasons.

Good effing point.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 12:00:02 AM
At 3/14/2011 11:51:29 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I -- what? I don't even -- *sigh*.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Spaztoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 1:10:46 AM
I also thought this was a joke when I saw the title.

Really? A comparison between these two is pointless.

The devastation of Katrina was terrible, however we are talking about a single city. What has happened in Japan is devastating to the a significantly larger area and has yet to be resolved. The entire comparison is a little too "apples vs. oranges" to be worth examining.

That aside, it is admirable how the Japanese are dealing with their crisis and should set an example for the rest of the world when future events happen; however those who are criticizing the United States seem to be looking at a very small piece of America and then judging us very harshly for it.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 9:01:52 AM

See my profile pictures and then you can politely close your mouth. You talk before you know the facts. I can infact build a house. A "real" house
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 9:03:41 AM
At 3/14/2011 11:04:52 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Hahaha. Yes. Please don't blame the people of New Orleans. Blame our ridiculous culture - because all of America should have been helping. Our country is full of pathetic, racist sumbags like yourself, OP, who really can't seem to realize that THEY are the reason why our nation fails.

Did I say anything about race? I said character and culture of entitlement

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:37:28 AM

Maybe you should move to New Orleans, You and your foul mouth would be in good company.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:44:02 AM
At 3/15/2011 1:10:46 AM, Spaztoid wrote:
I also thought this was a joke when I saw the title.

Really? A comparison between these two is pointless.

The devastation of Katrina was terrible, however we are talking about a single city. What has happened in Japan is devastating to the a significantly larger area and has yet to be resolved. The entire comparison is a little too "apples vs. oranges" to be worth examining.

That aside, it is admirable how the Japanese are dealing with their crisis and should set an example for the rest of the world when future events happen; however those who are criticizing the United States seem to be looking at a very small piece of America and then judging us very harshly for it.

"The entire comparison is a little too "apples vs. oranges" to be worth examining."

My point exactly. Japans dilemma is far worse than New Orleans, But the people of Japan are handling it far far far better and with the utmost of character and civility unlike the people of New Orleans. The truth is a hard thing to swallow sometimes.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:47:17 AM
you do know sadolite that the people of new orleans aren't actually doing the building?

They're hiring people.

And when I say they, i mean the US taxpayer
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:49:55 AM

Accusing me of racism is pathetic. Facts are facts the people of New Orleans acted like wild jackels and hyenas compared to how the peoplke of japan are acting. Don't believe it? Look at any number of video clips of the New Orleans disaster and I will be proven 100% correct. People were looting with in hours. They all should have been shot on site in my opinion. Scum of the earth taking advantage of a bad situation born of the culture of entitlement.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:44:51 PM
At 3/15/2011 9:01:52 AM, sadolite wrote:

See my profile pictures and then you can politely close your mouth. You talk before you know the facts. I can infact build a house. A "real" house

Yep, you got me! You have pictures of an empty house that's not painted and a picture of a bicycle you assembled!

That's not proof you built the entire house yourself. For all I know, you just applied the paint. If you lived in New Orleans, and all your property was destroyed with no job, would you have the money nor the time to build a house on your own? Doubtful. Not to mention, it is unreasonable to expect everyone to know how to build a house. Everyone specializes in something different and you may specialize in construction, but not everyone does. So your point still fails.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:48:13 PM
At 3/15/2011 11:37:28 AM, sadolite wrote:

Maybe you should move to New Orleans, You and your foul mouth would be in good company.

A foul mouth is better than all the pitiful arguments you make.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Austin96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:50:39 PM

: Hahaha. Yes. Please don't blame the people of New Orleans. Blame our ridiculous culture - because all of America should have been helping. Our country is full of pathetic, racist sumbags like yourself, OP, who really can't seem to realize that THEY are the reason why our nation fails.

This is one of the most unintelligent comments I have ever seen. How is he making our nation fail? And in what way is he racist? New Orleans has multiple races. And he is right. The people of Japan contribute WAY more to the global economy than New Orleans. And if you look at the numbers, An extremely large percentage of people living in New Orleans live off of government welfare checks. And who would live in a city below sea level? They should have expected a natural disaster when you are living in a city below sea level!
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:02:56 PM
At 3/14/2011 11:00:42 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

You are right about the idea of lack of cohesion but wrong about the source. New Orleans has been divided for hundreds of years. If you read New Orleans history you will find that "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" was definitely not the source.

trivia note: I slept through the actual hurricane :)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 11:18:35 AM
At 3/15/2011 2:44:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/15/2011 9:01:52 AM, sadolite wrote:

Yep, you got me! You have pictures of an empty house that's not painted and a picture of a bicycle you assembled!

That's not proof you built the entire house yourself. For all I know, you just applied the paint. If you lived in New Orleans, and all your property was destroyed with no job, would you have the money nor the time to build a house on your own? Doubtful. Not to mention, it is unreasonable to expect everyone to know how to build a house. Everyone specializes in something different and you may specialize in construction, but not everyone does. So your point still fails.

And what does any of this have to do with how the people behaved in New Orleans compared to Japan? The point is the people of New Orleans acted like a bunch of jackals and hyenas. Trying to marginalize me personally in order to win an argument is classic a DDO debate tactic and is devoid of any intellectual value. I have no reason to lie to you or anyone else about my abilities to construct a house. I have not built one but I poses all the skills required. Plumbing, electrical, framing etc I can do them all. Building a house is not rocket science nor is building a septic system. The problem with New Orleans along with the rest of America is the culture of entitlement. Everyone wants it handed to them and don't expect to have to lift a finger to help. All the billions of dollars given to New Orleans could have built a house for every man women and child. Instead it was squandered by the people and spent on other things like TV's stereos you name it. You have no intellectual response as like everyone else who calls me names and tries t marginalize me. It is an attack on your culture and you can't stand the fact that it is true.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 11:26:10 AM
At 3/15/2011 2:50:39 PM, Austin96 wrote:

: Hahaha. Yes. Please don't blame the people of New Orleans. Blame our ridiculous culture - because all of America should have been helping. Our country is full of pathetic, racist sumbags like yourself, OP, who really can't seem to realize that THEY are the reason why our nation fails.

This is one of the most unintelligent comments I have ever seen. How is he making our nation fail? And in what way is he racist? New Orleans has multiple races. And he is right. The people of Japan contribute WAY more to the global economy than New Orleans. And if you look at the numbers, An extremely large percentage of people living in New Orleans live off of government welfare checks. And who would live in a city below sea level? They should have expected a natural disaster when you are living in a city below sea level!

Oh so it is not people who loot it is culture that loots. Kinda sounds like guns kill people, people don't kill people. And again I never mentioned race. You are the one playing the race card. Typical response, devoid of any intellectual value on the subject. Ya I am a racist but you cant even find one mention of the word race or any reference to it. Seems to me you are the racist not me. You are playing the race card.

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 11:33:54 AM

New Orleans is a poor city to start with, your entire post shows your ignorance to that fact. Without federal aid what city in America IS able to build homes? Even a few hundred homes takes money, obviosly you are merely a soundbite person, and thoroughly influenced by the media.

Many people fail to realize how even the POTUS at the time fly clear over the most heavily battered regions of New Orleans, and even the rescue forces didn't visit the poorer neighborhoods.

It's always easy for someone who is sitting comfortably many miles away to judge something as if they were/are or ever were on the ground during this crisis. why dont you STFU.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 11:36:55 AM
At 3/14/2011 10:24:08 PM, timbeech wrote:

The Japanese have set standard for the next mega disaster. I am not sure if us Americans, as a whole, can compete with that level of character. The tsunami pales in comparison against the character of the Japanese. I really am in awe and respect of them.

The Japanese have set standard for the next mega disaster. I am not sure if us Americans, as a whole, can compete with that level of character

This is a good point, they are raised in many Asian cultures developing their character, and compassion from an early age. In America, the land of people who dismiss tragedy, and suffering the untold stories never are heard. Americans are too busy denying reality to display character as a nation on this mass scale. People give a few bucks when it's convenient to "look good", but often forget about things very quickly.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 1:53:30 PM
At 3/16/2011 11:33:54 AM, kelly224 wrote:

New Orleans is a poor city to start with, your entire post shows your ignorance to that fact. Without federal aid what city in America IS able to build homes? Even a few hundred homes takes money, obviosly you are merely a soundbite person, and thoroughly influenced by the media.

Many people fail to realize how even the POTUS at the time fly clear over the most heavily battered regions of New Orleans, and even the rescue forces didn't visit the poorer neighborhoods.

It's always easy for someone who is sitting comfortably many miles away to judge something as if they were/are or ever were on the ground during this crisis. why dont you STFU.

" obviosly you are merely a soundbite person, " Eh what sound bite are you referring to? This point was the very first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the quake. I said to my self exactly what I posted here with in minutes of hearing about the quake. I have heard nothing in the media about such a comparison and you wont because "For obvious reasons" it is politically incorrect.