comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 7:52:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.politico.com...

What do you think?

If Ron Paul does not run, is Rand the best of the rest?

Is he the only chance for a "good" republican candidate to win?

This maybe a sign that Ron will not run.

What do you think?
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 8:28:06 PM
At 3/23/2011 7:52:34 PM, comoncents wrote:
http://www.politico.com...

What do you think?

If Ron Paul does not run, is Rand the best of the rest?

Is he the only chance for a "good" republican candidate to win?

This maybe a sign that Ron will not run.

What do you think?

I think that if Ron Paul doesn't run, then yes, Rand Paul might be a good Republican/American candidate to run for President. Not sure if he would win though, I think most people would consider Ron Paul much more than Rand Paul because he is more "seasoned" to politics.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 9:05:46 PM
If you get either of them behind a microphone in juxtaposition with the other candidate, its game over for the dems. Even Rand Paul can be very, very persuasive and sincere.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 6:52:53 AM
At 3/23/2011 9:05:46 PM, Sieben wrote:
If you get either of them behind a microphone in juxtaposition with the other candidate, its game over for the dems. Even Rand Paul can be very, very persuasive and sincere.

You mean like both of them teaming up?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:34:01 AM
I love conservative wet dreams, lol.

His position that abortion should be outlawed, even in cases of rape, would pretty much ensure that he is marked as an extremist nut who likely wouldn't win anything outside the bible belt.

I also find it completely comical that he wants to cut all kinds of social spending (like completely removing the department of education) yet wants to put up a complete electric border fence, along with helicopter stations to track down illegals.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:38:03 AM
At 3/24/2011 10:34:01 AM, OreEle wrote:

His position that abortion should be outlawed, even in cases of rape, would pretty much ensure that he is marked as an extremist nut who likely wouldn't win anything outside the bible belt.

I also find it completely comical that he wants to cut all kinds of social spending (like completely removing the department of education) yet wants to put up a complete electric border fence, along with helicopter stations to track down illegals.

What's wrong with doing away with the department of education?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bdmntn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:15:53 PM
really hope rand paul runs, especially if palin or bachmann don't run.

will get dedicate myself to getting as many people to vote for rand as possible.

will enjoy seeing john galt president trying to tell people there is no such thing as rich or poor people.

will enjoy right-libertarians finally having to put-up-or-shut-up
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:39:10 PM
At 3/24/2011 6:52:53 AM, Extremely-Far-Right wrote:
At 3/23/2011 9:05:46 PM, Sieben wrote:

You mean like both of them teaming up?

Either =/= both.
Things that are so interesting:

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 2:23:32 AM
At 3/24/2011 10:34:01 AM, OreEle wrote:

What a suicidal position to take.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 8:43:40 AM
I doubt either Ron Paul or Rand Paul could win. Both are foreign policy isolationists, which few voters agree with. More importantly, the Obama Administration is a perfect picture of ideological-driven incompetence. Republicans should oppose him with a governor or other executive who has a proven record of competent administrative ability. Haley Barbour, Tim Pawlenty, or Rudy Giuliani would be good.
bdmntn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:02:03 AM
At 3/26/2011 8:43:40 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I doubt either Ron Paul or Rand Paul could win. Both are foreign policy isolationists, which few voters agree with. More importantly, the Obama Administration is a perfect picture of ideological-driven incompetence. Republicans should oppose him with a governor or other executive who has a proven record of competent administrative ability. Haley Barbour, Tim Pawlenty, or Rudy Giuliani would be good.

the only reason either of the paul's couldn't win is because they are not tall enough. from a poli-sci perspective, height is one of the top variables in determining the election, i.e. the tallest candidate win like 99 percent of the time.

it doesn't matter if a libertarian or conservative wins though. the only difference in ideology is whether or not the government should be used to pursue moral goals, right?

i am really hoping a republican governor and republican congress take it all in 2012!

first, let's defund all welfare states. from now on, welfare states are to be abolished. states in the middle of the country like kansas will no longer be allowed to take in 1.5 dollars from federal government for every 1 dollar they give

second, let's defund the department of education! mandate privatization of all schools. close down welfare schools in rural areas, and make sure that poor kids in cities or rural areas have no access to education. this ensures only the best and most productive kids will get an education. otherwise, who needs an education? you don't need an education to flip burgers or change oil or sell cell phones.

third, let's defund the environmental protection agency! abolish all clean air and clean water laws from the past thirty years. do away with any environmental studies for new energy projects. if someone wants to pollute their own private property, let them!

fourth, ban all collective bargaining, public or private. repeal the wagner act. employees should be grateful for the opportunity to make profit for their bosses! this goes along with reducing the minimum wage. we are competing with china to attract jobs, so we need to be competitive with chinese wages. this will go perfectly with cutting the department of education.

fifth, pull all funding / destroy the un humanitarian programs. the world food programme wastes tax payers money on non-americans. people are starving anyways, why should we help these non-productive people? we didn't need any help and they shouldn't get any either.

i am going to work very hard to elect republicans this election cycle. i think all these things on the list have a reasonable chance of passing with a tea-party conservative or a right-libertarian.

this is the only way to bring about social war.

for the social war.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:07:20 AM
At 3/26/2011 11:02:03 AM, bdmntn wrote:

the only reason either of the paul's couldn't win is because they are not tall enough. from a poli-sci perspective, height is one of the top variables in determining the election, i.e. the tallest candidate win like 99 percent of the time.

it doesn't matter if a libertarian or conservative wins though. the only difference in ideology is whether or not the government should be used to pursue moral goals, right?

i am really hoping a republican governor and republican congress take it all in 2012!

first, let's defund all welfare states. from now on, welfare states are to be abolished. states in the middle of the country like kansas will no longer be allowed to take in 1.5 dollars from federal government for every 1 dollar they give

second, let's defund the department of education! mandate privatization of all schools. close down welfare schools in rural areas, and make sure that poor kids in cities or rural areas have no access to education. this ensures only the best and most productive kids will get an education. otherwise, who needs an education? you don't need an education to flip burgers or change oil or sell cell phones.

third, let's defund the environmental protection agency! abolish all clean air and clean water laws from the past thirty years. do away with any environmental studies for new energy projects. if someone wants to pollute their own private property, let them!

fourth, ban all collective bargaining, public or private. repeal the wagner act. employees should be grateful for the opportunity to make profit for their bosses! this goes along with reducing the minimum wage. we are competing with china to attract jobs, so we need to be competitive with chinese wages. this will go perfectly with cutting the department of education.

fifth, pull all funding / destroy the un humanitarian programs. the world food programme wastes tax payers money on non-americans. people are starving anyways, why should we help these non-productive people? we didn't need any help and they shouldn't get any either.

i am going to work very hard to elect republicans this election cycle. i think all these things on the list have a reasonable chance of passing with a tea-party conservative or a right-libertarian.

for the social war.

Amen, hallelujah, wut?
bdmntn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:44:16 AM
At 3/26/2011 11:07:20 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/26/2011 11:02:03 AM, bdmntn wrote:

for the social war.

Amen, hallelujah, wut?

o yea, one more to add

sixth : eliminate all taxes on the productive members of society who make money off of money. no taxes at all for speculating on food commodities that raise food prices so unproductive poor economic losers can't afford ford, etc

for the social war
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:44:28 AM
Ron is not a viable candidate at this time, things will actually have to get worse before a fundamental shift in how things are done can occur.
Within the next ten years i can see our economic situation coming to such a critical point where Rand will be the right person at the right time. In the mean time it would be in his best interest to moderate some of his extreme social issue positions.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 1:16:49 PM

Rudy Giuliani would be terrible, get Mitch Daniels in there.

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 2:23:33 PM
Rudy Giuliani would be terrible, get Mitch Daniels in there.

I agree Mitch Daniels would be good, at least from what I know of him. But what is "terrible" about Guiliani? He proved to be a competent executive and a good leader. He is probably the only Republican that could win New York. He had a messy divorce and is pro-choice, but divorce is not too hot an issue these days, and pro-choice is the popular sentiment. In terms of the conservative base, pro-choice hurts with fundamentalists and helps with libertarians. But is any conservative going to vote for Obama instead?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 2:47:58 PM
I don't have anything solid to stand on when I say Rudy is terrible, I just think he's a terrible person.