Jump to topic:

President Obama Birth Certificate

SuzzaneO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 4:33:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's the big deal? If someone asked me to show my birth certificate, I would. People ask me to verify my identity all of the time for various things. It just seems to me that if he'd show the damn thing, people would shut up. And because he's so adamant about not showing it, he must have something to hide (not to mention he only creates more hassle for himself). What do you think?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:05:15 PM
At 3/24/2011 4:33:25 PM, SuzzaneO wrote:
What's the big deal? If someone asked me to show my birth certificate, I would. People ask me to verify my identity all of the time for various things. It just seems to me that if he'd show the damn thing, people would shut up. And because he's so adamant about not showing it, he must have something to hide (not to mention he only creates more hassle for himself). What do you think?

Can you show me your official birth certificate, social security card, your mother's madien name, and your bank account info?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:08:15 PM

Yea, because he wasn't born here....

Alrighty, lets see how fast I can 50 responses questioning what I just said. :D
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 6:54:48 PM
At 3/24/2011 5:15:56 PM, wjmelements wrote:
http://www.fightthesmears.com...

I'm pretty sure if there were a government conspiracy, they'd be able to produce a fake birth certificate. After all, illegal immigrants have fake birth certificates.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 7:25:20 PM

I don't think he has too. He obviously is an american citizen. We have seen copies of it, and the mayor of the town vouched for it. The newspaper clipping, with his birth announcement, is also legitimate. Come on. Stop being dummies!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 7:27:31 PM
At 3/24/2011 7:21:56 PM, Nags wrote:

That's a COLB (Certificate of Live Birth) -- not his original birth certificate.

"Whereas the long form is a copy of the actual birth certificate, a short form is a document that certifies the existence of such certificate, and is given a title such as "Certification of Birth", "Certification of Live Birth", or "Certificate of Birth Registration."[citation needed] The short form typically includes the child's name, date of birth, sex, and place of birth, although some also include the names of the child's parents. When the certification does include the names of the parents, it can be used in lieu of a long form birth certificate in almost all circumstances.[23] Nearly all states in the U.S. issue short forms certifications, on both state and local levels."

Works for me!

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I have a short form. I know where I come from!
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 7:29:16 PM
At 3/24/2011 7:27:31 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/24/2011 7:21:56 PM, Nags wrote:

That's a COLB (Certificate of Live Birth) -- not his original birth certificate.

"Whereas the long form is a copy of the actual birth certificate, a short form is a document that certifies the existence of such certificate, and is given a title such as "Certification of Birth", "Certification of Live Birth", or "Certificate of Birth Registration."[citation needed] The short form typically includes the child's name, date of birth, sex, and place of birth, although some also include the names of the child's parents. When the certification does include the names of the parents, it can be used in lieu of a long form birth certificate in almost all circumstances.[23] Nearly all states in the U.S. issue short forms certifications, on both state and local levels."

Works for me!

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I have a short form. I know where I come from!

I'm just saying what it is. I never said I didn't believe he was born in America.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 9:17:59 PM
Cool.

Mine allowed me into the military, culinary school, university and law school.
I think it will work. (for all of the naysayers)
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:25:05 PM
My objections to the fact that there is a man who claims to be the "chief executive" of an arbitrary area that I happen to live in go beyond a piece of paper indicating where he was born. Personally, I could care less if he has a birth certificate or not. He'll just be replaced by someone else, so why does it matter?
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:28:54 PM
At 3/24/2011 10:25:05 PM, Grape wrote:
My objections to the fact that there is a man who claims to be the "chief executive" of an arbitrary area that I happen to live in go beyond a piece of paper indicating where he was born. Personally, I could care less if he has a birth certificate or not. He'll just be replaced by someone else, so why does it matter?

Wait, so Obama claimed himself to be president, and then it happened? =P
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:16:47 PM
At 3/24/2011 10:28:54 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
At 3/24/2011 10:25:05 PM, Grape wrote:

Wait, so Obama claimed himself to be president, and then it happened? =P

Nothing that I wrote suggests that.