Jump to topic:

Hitler and Charles Manson are Innocent

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:12:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Neither man killed a single person (though Hitler did kill himself and assisted his wife in suicide).

I find it odd that either of these men are demonized given that they were just exorcising free speech. Charles Manson was not even at the scene of the crime that he was accused of and Hitler was not even present at the massacres (except the one time that he was present, he was ill).

Of course Hitler should be criticized for his reprehensible views but he should not be accused of killing 6 million people. Charles Manson on the other hand is wholly innocent (except stealing a car) and should actually be commended for his views.

I just recently got into a discussion about this so I thought I'd see what DDO says.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:16:30 PM
If I hire a hitman to murder someone, does that make me not a murderer?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:17:03 PM
If you want to get really technical, all of their "victims" died because their hearts stopped working, and that should be viewed as their own faults (if your heart stops working, should I be blamed just cause I was the last to touch you?).

But really, if you pay someone to kill your spouse, should you be innocent of any charges?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:17:27 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:16:30 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

buggar.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:24:32 PM

Well, neither Hitler nor Charles Manson paid people to kill. Manson never even gave directions to kill.

However, given your situation, the person who hired a hitman does share a bit more responsibility because that person paid for a service. Although, if someone merely ASKED some guy to go kill someone, he is not as responsible. In either case, the hitman committed the murder and thus should be held responsible for killing, though the person who hired him should also share resonsibility but should only be charged for being a co-conspirator.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:26:35 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:24:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Well, neither Hitler nor Charles Manson paid people to kill. Manson never even gave directions to kill.

The S.S. and Germany army weren't paid?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:30:14 PM

They may not have directly paid for it, but they convinced people to do it (just with words, rather than with money).

However, given your situation, the person who hired a hitman does share a bit more responsibility because that person paid for a service. Although, if someone merely ASKED some guy to go kill someone, he is not as responsible. In either case, the hitman committed the murder and thus should be held responsible for killing, though the person who hired him should also share resonsibility but should only be charged for being a co-conspirator.

Naw, I think they both should get charged with murder.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:31:54 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:26:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Let's say my boss asked me to do something unethical. Am I being paid to do that task that is out of my job description? Or is it simply a request with no monetary incentive behind it given that I'm already recieving a steady paycheck?

Regardless, the money didn't come from Hitlers own pocket I doubt.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:34:14 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:12:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Neither man killed a single person (though Hitler did kill himself and assisted his wife in suicide).

I find it odd that either of these men are demonized given that they were just exorcising free speech. Charles Manson was not even at the scene of the crime that he was accused of and Hitler was not even present at the massacres (except the one time that he was present, he was ill).

Of course Hitler should be criticized for his reprehensible views but he should not be accused of killing 6 million people. Charles Manson on the other hand is wholly innocent (except stealing a car) and should actually be commended for his views.

I just recently got into a discussion about this so I thought I'd see what DDO says.

Look at it this way, if Hitler hadn't done the things that he did, it is more than likely that 6 million jews and 5 million others wouldn't have died. It is because of the policies that Hitler wanted accomplished that killed so many people. So let me guess...you also saying that he isn't responsible for any of the deaths that happened whenever Germany invaded other countries? That including the Holocaust is about 50 million deaths right there.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:34:58 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:31:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Let's say my boss asked me to do something unethical. Am I being paid to do that task that is out of my job description? Or is it simply a request with no monetary incentive behind it given that I'm already recieving a steady paycheck?

So if the SS had just disobeyed and said "fück it," you don't think they would have lost their jobs and/or been imprisoned?

It came from the taxpayer money he was in charge of administering. What's the difference?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:35:11 PM
@OreEle

If I tell you to jump off a bridge, would you? And if you did, am I to be blamed and charged with murder?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:36:24 PM

If your job is 'concentration camp guard', then yes, it is out of your job description.

So, if you earn money and use it to buy a hitman, that's wrong. But if you steal it from taxpayers first, that's OK?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:37:02 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:35:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@OreEle

If I tell you to jump off a bridge, would you? And if you did, am I to be blamed and charged with murder?

Only if you use your Illuminati mind control powers to make him do it.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:41:28 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:36:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

If your job is 'concentration camp guard', then yes, it is out of your job description.

I'm pretty sure they were just regular soldiers that were just given rather unordinary orders. It was almost a covert operation because even the higher up officials didn't know what was actually happening.

So, if you earn money and use it to buy a hitman, that's wrong. But if you steal it from taxpayers first, that's OK?

Even then, Hitler didn't physically go up to people and take their money.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:44:38 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:35:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@OreEle

Intent and seriousness. Not to mention, your example would be suicide, not murder.

There's a difference in "man, I would love to kill my boss" and "my boss takes this route home from work and will be at this intersection. Now, I know that he doesn't lock his car at work, so I can go in and cut his seatbelt and his airbag. Then I can remove the stop sign at that intersection, and you come driving this big truck and plow into him, and kill him. You'll be fine from any charges, because we can blame the removed stop sign on kids..."
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:45:58 PM

Neither Hitler, nor his followers can be accused of murder, as what they did was legal. If a person is legally executed, it doesn't count as murder, does it?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:46:19 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:41:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Are you excluding mental force? If so, you are contradicting yourself. You can impossibly force someone to do something that you are not doing for him, except by manipulating his mind. If you want to physically force someone to do something, then you need to exercise mental manipulation. That is what Hitler did. Just because his way of manipulating with peoples' minds was not necessarily directly physical (in many cases), there is still mental manipulation going on, which is a requirement for physical force. Therefore, your argument is null and negated.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:47:27 PM
I want you guys to picture a day in the life of Hitler with just a camera lens that ONLY focused on his person.

You will see a man who wakes up, eats breakfast, put on his uniform, go stand on a podium and talk a bunch of nonsense, walks off, goes back home, and goes to sleep.

He probably does this weekly, maybe attend a few meetings here and there, do a bunch of talking and goes on with his daily routine.

Remember, the lens is focused only on him. You won't see any acts of violence or misconduct, except maybe a bit of shouting.

What unethical act has been committed?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:52:43 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:45:58 PM, Indophile wrote:

Neither Hitler, nor his followers can be accused of murder, as what they did was legal. If a person is legally executed, it doesn't count as murder, does it?

That's not what I'm talking about. Of course it wouldn't he classified as murder given that everything was done according to law, however I'm saying that Hitler didn't kill anybody legally or illegally. Personally, I think it's a futile point that the Nazis didn't murder because that's not what they are accused of. We accuse them of mass slaughter. We don't care if they did it legally, it's still atrocious.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:54:20 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:41:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:36:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were just regular soldiers that were just given rather unordinary orders. It was almost a covert operation because even the higher up officials didn't know what was actually happening.

Yeah, that is what they all said, I'm sure Nazi leaders wouldn't lie, right?

So?
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:55:53 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:47:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I want you guys to picture a day in the life of Hitler with just a camera lens that ONLY focused on his person.

You will see a man who wakes up, eats breakfast, put on his uniform, go stand on a podium and talk a bunch of nonsense, walks off, goes back home, and goes to sleep.

He probably does this weekly, maybe attend a few meetings here and there, do a bunch of talking and goes on with his daily routine.

Remember, the lens is focused only on him. You won't see any acts of violence or misconduct, except maybe a bit of shouting.

Geo, you can't be serious.

I want you guys to picture a day in the life of President Michele Bachmann with just a camera lens that ONLY focused on her person.

You will see a woman who wakes up, eats breakfast, put on her uniform, goes to stand on a podium and talk a bunch of nonsense, walks off, goes back home, pushes a big red button on her desk, then goes to bed.

Ten minutes later, Iran has been turned into glass.

Clearly, she's done nothing wrong here.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Ten months later, they're teaching that the earth is 10,000 years old in science classrooms around the country ;)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:56:15 PM

Read inside the third reich. He does a bit more than you are suggesting.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:56:41 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:52:43 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:45:58 PM, Indophile wrote:

That's not what I'm talking about. Of course it wouldn't he classified as murder given that everything was done according to law, however I'm saying that Hitler didn't kill anybody legally or illegally. Personally, I think it's a futile point that the Nazis didn't murder because that's not what they are accused of. We accuse them of mass slaughter. We don't care if they did it legally, it's still atrocious.

In that case, even Hitler's followers cannot be accused of killing those people.

As an aside, according to your example, the guys who killed all those people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be the guys who dropped the bomb?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:58:36 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:34:58 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
So if the SS had just disobeyed and said "fück it," you don't think they would have lost their jobs and/or been imprisoned?

Would Hitler have done the imprisoning or would he have asked someone else to do it?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:58:54 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:56:15 PM, OreEle wrote:

Read inside the third reich. He does a bit more than you are suggesting.

Fire away then. Regardless, killing still won't be on his resume.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:00:21 PM
"Should it be illegal, we may next inquire, to 'incite to riot'? Suppose that Green exhorts a crowd: 'Go! Burn! Loot! Kill!' and the mob proceeds to do just that, with Green having nothing further to do with these criminal activities. Since every man is free to adopt or not adopt any course of action he wishes, we cannot say that in some way Green determined the members of the mob to their criminal activities; we cannot make him, because of his exhortation, at all responsible for their crimes. 'Inciting to riot,' therefore, is a pure exercise of a man's right to speak without being thereby implicated in crime." - Murray Rothbard
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:02:33 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:55:53 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

I want you guys to picture a day in the life of President Michele Bachmann with just a camera lens that ONLY focused on her person.

You will see a woman who wakes up, eats breakfast, put on her uniform, goes to stand on a podium and talk a bunch of nonsense, walks off, goes back home, pushes a big red button on her desk, then goes to bed.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Ten months later, they're teaching that the earth is 10,000 years old in science classrooms around the country ;)

Analogy notwithstanding. The red button that triggers an explosive is the equivelant of the trigger on a gun. The example I gave included no killing devices being triggered.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:05:53 PM
Geo, are you legitimately retarded? Hitler ordered the setting up of the T4 Euthanasia programme. A Euthanasia programme. He authorized murder directly.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:07:02 PM
At 3/29/2011 4:02:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:55:53 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Analogy notwithstanding. The red button that triggers an explosive is the equivelant of the trigger on a gun. The example I gave included no killing devices being triggered.

then how did all those people die? I'm pretty sure that somewhere in WW2 and in the concentration camps a trigger was pulled or a button pushed. I'm just sure of it.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:07:40 PM
At 3/29/2011 4:07:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
then how did all those people die? I'm pretty sure that somewhere in WW2 and in the concentration camps a trigger was pulled or a button pushed. I'm just sure of it.

Sure, but did Hitler push it?