Jump to topic:

How Much Power Does a President Have

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:19:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Technically speaking, how much power does a President have? I say "technically" because obviously most Presidents have just been Illuminati puppets and have no power, but what if someone like Ron Paul who isn't an Illuminati puppet, becomes President?

If Ron Paul gets in, can he use an executive order and make all drugs legal, or does he essentially have no chance of legalizing drugs?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:21:58 PM
He can launch million dollar missiles at people we are not at war with without Congressional approval.
Just because it feels good.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:27:38 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:19:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Technically speaking, how much power does a President have? I say "technically" because obviously most Presidents have just been Illuminati puppets and have no power, but what if someone like Ron Paul who isn't an Illuminati puppet, becomes President?

If Ron Paul gets in, can he use an executive order and make all drugs legal, or does he essentially have no chance of legalizing drugs?

Can you go back to jacking off to pictures of Buddah? Please?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:30:29 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:27:38 PM, OreEle wrote:

What initiated this juvenile response from you? Did my thread offend you?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:32:35 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:30:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

He is menstruating.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:36:35 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:21:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
He can launch million dollar missiles at people we are not at war with without Congressional approval.
Just because it feels good.

Well that's not really a legislative move, however people like Obama and Bush were enabled by the Illuminati to bypass standard procedure.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:38:56 PM

Geo, you mention the Illuminati conspiracy or the Reptilians, you are asking for it.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:40:14 PM
He can't issue an executive order making all drugs legal, but he could pardon all non-violent drug offenders, which he said he'd do.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:42:34 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:40:14 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
He can't issue an executive order making all drugs legal, but he could pardon all non-violent drug offenders, which he said he'd do.

all of them? they might as well let him change the law then?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:42:57 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:42:34 PM, badger wrote:

could he pardon murderers if he wanted to?
signature
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:43:35 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:38:56 PM, innomen wrote:

Geo, you mention the Illuminati conspiracy or the Reptilians, you are asking for it.

Sure, but I can't see why anyone would be personally offended by the mention of Illuminati like OreEle.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:44:12 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:42:57 PM, badger wrote:

Like pardoning Bush?
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:44:19 PM

Yeah, I think that's what he's trying to do.

I'm pretty sure he could, although he wouldn't.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:45:50 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:43:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Sure, but I can't see why anyone would be personally offended by the mention of Illuminati like OreEle.

I admit his response was a bit uncharacteristically harsh. Typically you are simply mocked in a joking way about this stuff, but yeah, a little much for OreEle.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 2:54:06 PM
Did my thread offend you?

I have heard alot of Geo's theories on Illuminati.
I have only been able to catch vague snippets of the Reptilians :(
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:15:51 PM
At 3/30/2011 2:45:50 PM, innomen wrote:

I admit his response was a bit uncharacteristically harsh. Typically you are simply mocked in a joking way about this stuff, but yeah, a little much for OreEle.

It was a little harsh. But the Buddah stuff is simple enough to avoid, since it is almost always in religion and I rarely go in there. I don't have to look at it. Illuminati garbage is going to be plastered into the politics section, and since it seems to come with legit discussion points, like "does the president have any real power?" I don't see that it is a conspiracy hoax until I'm already reading it and getting my hopes up that it is a real topic. Now, if it was titled, "Illuminati: does the president have any real power" I'd be able to tell what it is and avoid it.

I was just miffed because I saw the title, thought it was a legit topic, and was already thinking about the different arguments, where evidence can be pulled up, the differences between the way things really are and the way I believe they should be, and all these things. Then it turns out to be some illuminati...stuff.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:16:35 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:15:51 PM, OreEle wrote:

It was a little harsh. But the Buddah stuff is simple enough to avoid, since it is almost always in religion and I rarely go in there. I don't have to look at it. Illuminati garbage is going to be plastered into the politics section, and since it seems to come with legit discussion points, like "does the president have any real power?" I don't see that it is a conspiracy hoax until I'm already reading it and getting my hopes up that it is a real topic. Now, if it was titled, "Illuminati: does the president have any real power" I'd be able to tell what it is and avoid it.

I was just miffed because I saw the title, thought it was a legit topic, and was already thinking about the different arguments, where evidence can be pulled up, the differences between the way things really are and the way I believe they should be, and all these things. Then it turns out to be some illuminati...stuff.

ANNNNNNNDDDDD... I grumpy because I'm still waiting for mafia.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:20:42 PM

could he pardon murderers if he wanted to.

The only legal rules about presidential pardons are:

The President can only pardon federal crimes

Pardons can't be done for impeachment

Pardons can be rejected by the recipient

Other than that, anything goes. If he's shot by a guy, bleeding to death, and he has a pen, he can sign the pardon right there if he bloody well pleases.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:23:23 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:20:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Other than that, anything goes. If he's shot by a guy, bleeding to death, and he has a pen, he can sign the pardon right there if he bloody well pleases.

He can even pardon the guy that shot him (I wonder if that would go in history books as assisted suicide?).
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:36:37 PM

It was a little harsh. But the Buddah stuff is simple enough to avoid, since it is almost always in religion and I rarely go in there.

Why would you try to avoid it? Does it offend you?

I don't have to look at it. Illuminati garbage is going to be plastered into the politics section, and since it seems to come with legit discussion points,

This is a debate site. You don't approach a topic with an assumption that it's illegit. You must demonstrate why said topic is not legitimate.

Also I find this dismissal of Illuminati ironic coming from a person who believes in that a space daddy impregnated a random Middle Eastern woman who gave birth to a fvckin cosmic Jewish zombie who is actually his own daddy and has telepathic powers and aims to rid the world of sin and defeat a talking snake.

Yes, so keep laughing at the Illuminati while I laugh at your hypocrisy.

like "does the president have any real power?" I don't see that it is a conspiracy hoax until I'm already reading it and getting my hopes up that it is a real topic.

It is a real topic. How is it otherwise?

Now, if it was titled, "Illuminati: does the president have any real power" I'd be able to tell what it is and avoid it.

Oh my God! The horror! What hassle and strife you went through to clink a button and have to push "Back"!

False. You are criticizing my thread without even reading the OP. If you actually read the OP, you would realize that I explicitly EXCLUDED the Illuminati from this discussion you fvcking retard. Learn to goddamn read and learn to critically think.

You clearly don't understand the essense of debate.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:44:50 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:20:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

ye might want to have a look into sorting that out...
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:52:02 PM

?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:54:40 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:52:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

?

dunno? wouldn't be one for leaving politicians much room for corruption :) i suppose it's a cool idea in some ways though..

and i suppose you wouldn't be all that pro-president/government :)
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:55:05 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:36:37 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

It was a little harsh. But the Buddah stuff is simple enough to avoid, since it is almost always in religion and I rarely go in there.

Why would you try to avoid it? Does it offend you?

I don't have to look at it. Illuminati garbage is going to be plastered into the politics section, and since it seems to come with legit discussion points,

This is a debate site. You don't approach a topic with an assumption that it's illegit. You must demonstrate why said topic is not legitimate.

Also I find this dismissal of Illuminati ironic coming from a person who believes in that a space daddy impregnated a random Middle Eastern woman who gave birth to a fvckin cosmic Jewish zombie who is actually his own daddy and has telepathic powers and aims to rid the world of sin and defeat a talking snake.

Another point of your ignorance.

Yes, so keep laughing at the Illuminati while I laugh at your hypocrisy.

like "does the president have any real power?" I don't see that it is a conspiracy hoax until I'm already reading it and getting my hopes up that it is a real topic.

It is a real topic. How is it otherwise?

Now, if it was titled, "Illuminati: does the president have any real power" I'd be able to tell what it is and avoid it.

Oh my God! The horror! What hassle and strife you went through to clink a button and have to push "Back"!

False. You are criticizing my thread without even reading the OP. If you actually read the OP, you would realize that I explicitly EXCLUDED the Illuminati from this discussion you fvcking retard. Learn to goddamn read and learn to critically think.

Right, I didn't read the OP, I got "illuminati" from somewhere else.

When you include "most Presidents have just been Illuminati puppets and have no power" I dismiss your entire point because you have no idea what the powers the president actually has, nor do you understand reality.

But then, I'm not going to put the effort into arguing with you in particular in a thread, since that is how trolls thrive, by the attention. If others continue to talk about the powers of the president, I'll work off that.

You clearly don't understand the essense of debate.

care to debate that?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:55:50 PM
At 3/30/2011 3:54:40 PM, badger wrote:

?

dunno? wouldn't be one for leaving politicians much room for corruption :) i suppose it's a cool idea in some ways though..

it's still breaking the law though, even if it is legally.. it doesn't really fit.

and i suppose you wouldn't be all that pro-president/government :)
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:38:33 PM

?

dunno? wouldn't be one for leaving politicians much room for corruption
I wasn't making advocacy, I was describing the law as it is right now.

Although an extralegal rule is "Obvious abuse of the pardon power leads to revolts."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:42:10 PM
At 3/31/2011 2:38:33 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

?

dunno? wouldn't be one for leaving politicians much room for corruption
I wasn't making advocacy, I was describing the law as it is right now.

i know.. it was me kinda making advocacy

Although an extralegal rule is "Obvious abuse of the pardon power leads to revolts."

yeah, i get that. and it could be seen as another bad mark against it. you're leaving your government open to falling apart.
signature