Jump to topic:

Should the disabled have human rights?

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 9:50:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sure all of us occasionally refer to people with disabilities as spazzers, raspberry ripples, flids, nutters, window-lickers and so on, but I'm also sure we all really believe that cripples and retards should be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve, and certainly, they should be entitled to the same human rights that are afforded to sane, able-bodied people.

Nevertheless, many respected organisations have questioned the right, or at least the advisability, of allowing people with Down syndrome to reproduce and many mongoloids have been sterilized in the past.

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

If people with Down syndrome or a similar condition become parents it as almost certain their child will be severely disabled and it is entirely certain that they will be unable to take care of it.

So what's more important: the health and well being of a potential human or the human right of a disabled person to reproduce?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 9:53:02 AM
Give them vasectomies and let them have sex.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 9:53:34 AM
interesting topic btw
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 10:13:47 AM
I don't think they should be sterilised. I don't see why they (as a whole) would be more incapable of taking care of a child any more than someone in extreme poverty (etc.). It is also likely that a person on welfare will have children who will also, at some point, be on welfare. Decisions would have to be made based on individual cases after the child is born.

People with Down Syndrome and other disabilities have varying levels of functionality.

This is just eugenics trying to rear its ugly head again; they're just re-packaging it.