Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

One of the best moment on the House Floor!

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 10:36:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
One of the best moment I have seen on the House Floor since getting into Politics! Please check it out. Amazing! (and truthful)

Awesome!
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 10:43:29 PM
Hah where to begin, the irony of a democrat lecturing anyone about constitutionality of a law.
Mices? nice
unreal
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 10:50:08 PM
At 4/5/2011 10:36:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
One of the best moment I have seen on the House Floor since getting into Politics! Please check it out. Amazing! (and truthful)

Awesome!

Holding Senators accountable for their inaction is a bad thing, I agree.

Awesome!
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:01:05 AM
Obviously Kantor knows the procedure. It isn't worth tracking down the circumstances of the gaffe. Weiner makes plenty of gaffes himself.

Compare to Obama going ahead and implementing Obamacare, despite a Court having ruled it was unconstitutional and could not be implemented unless a stay was granted by a higher court. The Court order was simply ignored. That's not a gaffe.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:18:48 AM
At 4/11/2011 12:01:05 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Obviously Kantor knows the procedure. It isn't worth tracking down the circumstances of the gaffe. Weiner makes plenty of gaffes himself.

Compare to Obama going ahead and implementing Obamacare, despite a Court having ruled it was unconstitutional and could not be implemented unless a stay was granted by a higher court. The Court order was simply ignored. That's not a gaffe.

No one pointed that out in a demeaning simplistic way though.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:25:31 AM

That sounds kind of illegal? How is that even possible?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 3:25:12 AM
At 4/11/2011 12:25:31 AM, darkkermit wrote:

That sounds kind of illegal? How is that even possible?

Whose job is it to enforce a court order?

The executive branch.

Who runs the executive branch?....

Court orders to a President are no more than rhetoric unless Congress is willing to impeach over it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 11:50:23 AM
My understanding is that Attorney General Holder could be sued to force him to uphold the law, but the State of Florida has shown no intent to do that. The point is that Democrats are posturing over concern for the Constitution. They care about the Constitution only when it serves their interest.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 11:57:07 AM
At 4/11/2011 11:50:23 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
My understanding is that Attorney General Holder could be sued to force him to uphold the law, but the State of Florida has shown no intent to do that. The point is that Democrats are posturing over concern for the Constitution. They care about the Constitution only when it serves their interest.

That's true for both parties.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:25:58 PM
The point is that Democrats are posturing over concern for the Constitution. They care about the Constitution only when it serves their interest.

Yes, and the Conservatives care so much about the Constitution that they want to strip away every liberty except economic liberty.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:54:30 PM
At 4/11/2011 12:25:58 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The point is that Democrats are posturing over concern for the Constitution. They care about the Constitution only when it serves their interest.

Yes, and the Conservatives care so much about the Constitution that they want to strip away every liberty except economic liberty.

Not all of em