Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Bristol Palin Makes Bank Promoting Abstinence

SuzzaneO
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 9:44:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How does someone who HAD A BABY OUT OF WEDLOCK promote abstinence? Isnt that a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black? Gag me...i'd much rather mother theresa or someone tell my children about abstinence. Does anyone else find this ridiculous?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 9:50:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 9:44:58 PM, SuzzaneO wrote:
How does someone who HAD A BABY OUT OF WEDLOCK promote abstinence? Isnt that a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black? Gag me...i'd much rather mother theresa or someone tell my children about abstinence. Does anyone else find this ridiculous?

It's like Badger hosting an AA meeting.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 10:06:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 9:50:07 PM, OreEle wrote:
It's like Badger hosting an AA meeting.

Or Gingrich lambasting Bill Clinton for his marital indiscretions AT THE EXACT SAME TIME he was cheating on his wife.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 10:14:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 10:06:00 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 4/7/2011 9:50:07 PM, OreEle wrote:
It's like Badger hosting an AA meeting.

Or Gingrich lambasting Bill Clinton for his marital indiscretions AT THE EXACT SAME TIME he was cheating on his wife.

Or Obama saying "The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation"
Then preceding to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:30:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 9:50:07 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/7/2011 9:44:58 PM, SuzzaneO wrote:
How does someone who HAD A BABY OUT OF WEDLOCK promote abstinence? Isnt that a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black? Gag me...i'd much rather mother theresa or someone tell my children about abstinence. Does anyone else find this ridiculous?

It's like Badger hosting an AA meeting.

You realize that all the people who host AA meetings are recovering alcoholics right?

Pretty stupid question OP, it's standard practice for an old sinner to "redeem themselves" by speaking out against the sin. A creed that doesn't allow that sort of thing is a creed that'll have a hard time winning converts at an acceptable pace.

The Gingrich and Obama cases are a different phenomenon because their "sins" were not known at the time of the preaching.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Easily, the best source for why abstinence is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.
PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:36:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 10:14:58 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/7/2011 10:06:00 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 4/7/2011 9:50:07 PM, OreEle wrote:
It's like Badger hosting an AA meeting.

Or Gingrich lambasting Bill Clinton for his marital indiscretions AT THE EXACT SAME TIME he was cheating on his wife.

Or Obama saying "The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation"
Then preceding to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

Look up the definitions for "preceding."

Then look up "unilaterally," look at Unites States Senate Resolution 85 passed on March 1 calling for a no-fly zone to be established over Libya, look at the United Nations resolution calling for a no-fly zone to be established over Libya, and look at the Arab League call for a No-Fly Zone to be established over Libya, and try to determine if "unilateral" means two branches of U.S. government and two International organizations agreeing on something and the President of the U.S. acting on it. Psst, it doesn't, and anyone saying Obama's establishment of a no-fly zone is a 'unilateral' act is telling an absolute lie.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:39:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://washingtonexaminer.com...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:40:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.nationalreview.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2011 12:17:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A bill isn't a bill when the senate decides it is inconvenient for it to have been a bill. *yawn* It was introduced, it was voted on and it did pass.

http://thomas.loc.gov...:
http://thomas.loc.gov...:

Note that it was unamended -- the text of the bill did not change.

Further, this is all beside the point that the no-fly zone is definitely multilateral, not unilateral.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2011 1:46:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll note you didn't address the point that the bill's text only suggested considering a no fly zone.

Multilateral is a bit of quibbling really, since Obama's point was a theory Constitutional executive power and nowhere does the constitution give a **** about UN authorization.

I'm not necessarily against the Libya operation or ignoring Congress about it, a greater hive of scum and villainy than a legislature can never exist. But hypocrisy is hypocrisy man.

Oh, and your link isn't bringing me any bill. This is all the text I see on that page:

Stay Connected with the Library All ways to connect »
Find us on

Subscribe & Comment
RSS & E-MailBlogs
Download & Play
PodcastsWebcastsiTunes U
About | Press | Site Map | Contact | Accessibility | Legal | External Link Disclaimer | USA.govSpeech Enabled
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2011 4:02:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 9:44:58 PM, SuzzaneO wrote:
How does someone who HAD A BABY OUT OF WEDLOCK promote abstinence? Isnt that a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black? Gag me...i'd much rather mother theresa or someone tell my children about abstinence. Does anyone else find this ridiculous?

I said the same thing. They are trying to polish her image for her moms run for POTUS
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2011 5:34:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was about Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. Sure, the same argument could be made for birth control as well, but the topic of this thread is clear, so please, don't fix my quotes when they aren't wrong. Thank you.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:01:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/8/2011 5:34:44 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was about Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. Sure, the same argument could be made for birth control as well, but the topic of this thread is clear, so please, don't fix my quotes when they aren't wrong. Thank you.

Actually the point of the thread is not about promoting abstincence itself but it began with someone being concerned with Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. And I was just making a joke so calml down man.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:09:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 10:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/8/2011 5:34:44 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was about Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. Sure, the same argument could be made for birth control as well, but the topic of this thread is clear, so please, don't fix my quotes when they aren't wrong. Thank you.

Actually the point of the thread is not about promoting abstincence itself but it began with someone being concerned with Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. And I was just making a joke so calml down man.

Threads derail all the time. So anyways, anybody have a fear of clowns? I've never understood the fear of clowns.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:32:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 10:09:39 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/10/2011 10:01:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/8/2011 5:34:44 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was about Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. Sure, the same argument could be made for birth control as well, but the topic of this thread is clear, so please, don't fix my quotes when they aren't wrong. Thank you.

Actually the point of the thread is not about promoting abstincence itself but it began with someone being concerned with Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. And I was just making a joke so calml down man.

Threads derail all the time. So anyways, anybody have a fear of clowns? I've never understood the fear of clowns.

Personally I'm not afraid of clowns. What really gets me is Kevin Costner. There's just something off about that guy you know?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 11:22:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/8/2011 5:34:44 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 4/8/2011 4:23:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/7/2011 11:36:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
Easily, the best source for why birth control is good is someone who failed to follow abstinence, and suffered because of it. The pot calls the kettle black while simultaneously acknowledging its own color.

fix'd

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was about Bristol Palin promoting abstinence. Sure, the same argument could be made for birth control as well, but the topic of this thread is clear, so please, don't fix my quotes when they aren't wrong. Thank you.

fix'd

DARN HAX
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.