Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Turkey 'world leader' in imprisoned journalis

banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:29:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
could muslims be moderate?
Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, including China and Iran, according to a press release issued Monday by the International Press Institute.

The group based its release on a report published by the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, or OSCE, that said 57 journalists are currently in prison in Turkey. As of December, Iran and China each had 34 journalists in jail

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
behind bars.

"While Iran and China topped lists in December by reportedly jailing some 34 journalists each, Turkey, a candidate for membership in the European Union, has nearly doubled that number five months later, raising questions about the country's commitment to freedom of the press and the legitimacy of its democratic image," IPI Press Freedom Adviser Steven M. Ellis wrote in an article featured on the institute's website.

Daily Radikal meanwhile reported in its Friday edition that Aziz Özer, chief executive officer for the monthly culture and literature magazine Güney (South), had been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison because of a short story and a caricature he published that were determined to constitute "making propaganda" for the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK. The implementation of the sentence was not suspended
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:39:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 10:29:11 AM, banker wrote:
could muslims be moderate?
Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, including China and Iran, according to a press release issued Monday by the International Press Institute.

The group based its release on a report published by the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, or OSCE, that said 57 journalists are currently in prison in Turkey. As of December, Iran and China each had 34 journalists in jail

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
behind bars.

"While Iran and China topped lists in December by reportedly jailing some 34 journalists each, Turkey, a candidate for membership in the European Union, has nearly doubled that number five months later, raising questions about the country's commitment to freedom of the press and the legitimacy of its democratic image," IPI Press Freedom Adviser Steven M. Ellis wrote in an article featured on the institute's website.

Daily Radikal meanwhile reported in its Friday edition that Aziz Özer, chief executive officer for the monthly culture and literature magazine Güney (South), had been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison because of a short story and a caricature he published that were determined to constitute "making propaganda" for the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK. The implementation of the sentence was not suspended

No nation on the planet has as many prisoners as the U.S., and we don't exclude journalists.

There have also been a lot of cases of citizens recording police activity on video to document police driving or parking illegally even when not responding to emergency calls, and police taking revenge on the videographers with harrassment, destroying their property and other abuse; rarely does this ever result in serious disciplinary measures against such cops, since there really isn't anyone to police the police.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:44:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 10:29:11 AM, banker wrote:
could muslims be moderate?: Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, including China and Iran, according to a press release issued Monday by the International Press Institute.

The group based its release on a report published by the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, or OSCE, that said 57 journalists are currently in prison in Turkey. As of December, Iran and China each had 34 journalists in jail

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
behind bars.

"While Iran and China topped lists in December by reportedly jailing some 34 journalists each, Turkey, a candidate for membership in the European Union, has nearly doubled that number five months later, raising questions about the country's commitment to freedom of the press and the legitimacy of its democratic image," IPI Press Freedom Adviser Steven M. Ellis wrote in an article featured on the institute's website.

Daily Radikal meanwhile reported in its Friday edition that Aziz Özer, chief executive officer for the monthly culture and literature magazine Güney (South), had been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison because of a short story and a caricature he published that were determined to constitute "making propaganda" for the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK. The implementation of the sentence was not suspended

What does any of what you have said thus far say about Muslim's ability to be moderate religiously or politically?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 10:46:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jesus effing Christ... You live in a country which bombs sovereign nations, invades sovereign nations, places its military apparatus in over 100 countries, a foreign policy that resembles the Crusader philosophies, and you have the balls to question the integrity of Turkish muslims?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with calling into question the Muslim Turks behavior IF you aren't a raging hypocrite. The problem is that you ARE a raging hypocrite. Until you clean yourself up, don't judge other people for doing the very things you would approve of if the shoe was on the other foot.

"Do as I say, not as I do," eh, Banker?

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are." -- Matthew 23:15
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 12:10:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
AGREED
At 4/10/2011 10:39:03 AM, PervRat wrote:
At 4/10/2011 10:29:11 AM, banker wrote:
could muslims be moderate?
Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, including China and Iran, according to a press release issued Monday by the International Press Institute.

The group based its release on a report published by the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, or OSCE, that said 57 journalists are currently in prison in Turkey. As of December, Iran and China each had 34 journalists in jail

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
behind bars.

"While Iran and China topped lists in December by reportedly jailing some 34 journalists each, Turkey, a candidate for membership in the European Union, has nearly doubled that number five months later, raising questions about the country's commitment to freedom of the press and the legitimacy of its democratic image," IPI Press Freedom Adviser Steven M. Ellis wrote in an article featured on the institute's website.

Daily Radikal meanwhile reported in its Friday edition that Aziz Özer, chief executive officer for the monthly culture and literature magazine Güney (South), had been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison because of a short story and a caricature he published that were determined to constitute "making propaganda" for the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK. The implementation of the sentence was not suspended

No nation on the planet has as many prisoners as the U.S., and we don't exclude journalists.

There have also been a lot of cases of citizens recording police activity on video to document police driving or parking illegally even when not responding to emergency calls, and police taking revenge on the videographers with harrassment, destroying their property and other abuse; rarely does this ever result in serious disciplinary measures against such cops, since there really isn't anyone to police the police.
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 12:11:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
UNFORTUNATLY obama gave over our troops to iran and clearing the way to help iran

At 4/10/2011 10:46:48 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Jesus effing Christ... You live in a country which bombs sovereign nations, invades sovereign nations, places its military apparatus in over 100 countries, a foreign policy that resembles the Crusader philosophies, and you have the balls to question the integrity of Turkish muslims?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with calling into question the Muslim Turks behavior IF you aren't a raging hypocrite. The problem is that you ARE a raging hypocrite. Until you clean yourself up, don't judge other people for doing the very things you would approve of if the shoe was on the other foot.

"Do as I say, not as I do," eh, Banker?

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are." -- Matthew 23:15
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 12:13:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
why are we not in iran allied places to save people from this..!!
At 4/10/2011 10:46:48 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Jesus effing Christ... You live in a country which bombs sovereign nations, invades sovereign nations, places its military apparatus in over 100 countries, a foreign policy that resembles the Crusader philosophies, and you have the balls to question the integrity of Turkish muslims?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with calling into question the Muslim Turks behavior IF you aren't a raging hypocrite. The problem is that you ARE a raging hypocrite. Until you clean yourself up, don't judge other people for doing the very things you would approve of if the shoe was on the other foot.

"Do as I say, not as I do," eh, Banker?

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are." -- Matthew 23:15
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 1:40:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 12:11:27 PM, banker wrote:
UNFORTUNATLY obama gave over our troops to iran and clearing the way to help iran:

What does that even mean, and how does that address that you're a hypocrite?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 2:42:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok let me respond to you slowly:
I actualy agree with your respose. We are invading others for no good reason..! However I disagree with why we do it..!

The reason we are in libya is not to stop vilance..!

Its becuase we got a order from iran to get rid of sunni truble makers and other allies of the west..!
If it would be for liberty iranian pupet mubarak obama A K A barry seotoro would begin with iran..!

After carters mistake of toppling our friend the iranian sahh a act that created this tyranic gov in iran we should know better..! But obama under irans command dublicated this and took out mubarak our ally to create a replica of iran in egypt..!
If obama would look for liberty he would free the iranian satelite nation from asad.! Where people just like in iran are looking for freedom and even today over 30 got bruttaly killed by asad..! But iranian pupet barak hasni is not looking for liberty..!
Why are we in libya? Gadafi was on our side and he was nice to his people and gave them free housing and healthcare.!! Libya even got a award for humanity..! No reason for us to be there..! Well other then furthering iranian rule..!

Why are we not in sudan.? Why are we not in kashmire.? Why are we not in nigiria.? Where christians are masacred.?

At 4/10/2011 1:40:21 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/10/2011 12:11:27 PM, banker wrote:
UNFORTUNATLY obama gave over our troops to iran and clearing the way to help iran:

What does that even mean, and how does that address that you're a hypocrite?
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 3:17:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 2:42:50 PM, banker wrote:
Ok let me respond to you slowly:
I actualy agree with your respose. We are invading others for no good reason..! However I disagree with why we do it..!

The reason we are in libya is not to stop vilance..!

Its becuase we got a order from iran to get rid of sunni truble makers and other allies of the west..!:

So the US takes its marching orders from Iran? That's an extraordinary claim. Do you have something to substantiate that?

Why are we in libya?:

The same reason we were in Iraq. The US won't do anything unless there is something to gain by it. I never fall for the humanitarian plea. It's such bullsh*t, otherwise we'd be in Darfur and Yemen right now who are suffering the same fate as Libyan civilians.

Why are we not in sudan.? Why are we not in kashmire.? Why are we not in nigiria.? Where christians are masacred.?:

Because the US has nothing to gain by it.

You and I probably agree that Obama is a dirt bag who unjustly invaded a country under false pretenses. The burning question is whether or not you feel Bush did the same thing. Because you can't on the one hand bash Obama for doing the exact same thing Bush did and still praise GWB.

You either say it's all out of step with American ideals or none of it is. At least then you'd be consistent with a worldview.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 6:38:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have to admit I unfortunatly supported the war.! As stupid as I was to expect that their culture will ever provide full freedo even when we give them the opportunity to obtain it.

Look at iraq are thay giving freedom to the kurds now.? Not long ago a church went up on flames kiling christans.

And every week going by since and none are free of teror and full of human sacreficing for their idol allah.!

Unfortunatlly we are not able and will never be able to change their culture and bring liberty to them .
Are we reasponsible enough to use it as a lesson and not repeat this mistake in libya.?

At 4/10/2011 3:17:13 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/10/2011 2:42:50 PM, banker wrote:
Ok let me respond to you slowly:
I actualy agree with your respose. We are invading others for no good reason..! However I disagree with why we do it..!

The reason we are in libya is not to stop vilance..!

Its becuase we got a order from iran to get rid of sunni truble makers and other allies of the west..!:

So the US takes its marching orders from Iran? That's an extraordinary claim. Do you have something to substantiate that?

Why are we in libya?:

The same reason we were in Iraq. The US won't do anything unless there is something to gain by it. I never fall for the humanitarian plea. It's such bullsh*t, otherwise we'd be in Darfur and Yemen right now who are suffering the same fate as Libyan civilians.

Why are we not in sudan.? Why are we not in kashmire.? Why are we not in nigiria.? Where christians are masacred.?:

Because the US has nothing to gain by it.

You and I probably agree that Obama is a dirt bag who unjustly invaded a country under false pretenses. The burning question is whether or not you feel Bush did the same thing. Because you can't on the one hand bash Obama for doing the exact same thing Bush did and still praise GWB.

You either say it's all out of step with American ideals or none of it is. At least then you'd be consistent with a worldview.
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable