Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Is It Right To Initiate Force On Alex Jones?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 10:23:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Alex Jones was merely asking George Bush some questions at a rally and the officers initiated force on him. What happened to free speech? The same thing happened when he protested Geraldo Rivera in the middle of broadcasting on Fox. Why does Geraldo have more right to speak than Alex?

And on a related note, why are permits required to protest???
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 10:46:23 PM
This is DuPont's private facility.

I don't know what sort of rules were posted for it though, and prima facie they were permitting use as a public forum. Do I trust Alex Jones to tell us if there were such rules advertised? No. However, the cops should be put on trial and required to show evidence that they were enforcing a clearly conveyed expectation under which the facility was opened. DuPont officials would of course have been well within their rights to say "New rule, shut up Alex Jones or leave--" but that rule would have had to have been announced and Jones would have had to violate it after its announcement to make action against him legitimate on such a ground.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 10:51:15 PM
At 4/19/2011 10:46:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
This is DuPont's private facility.

I don't know what sort of rules were posted for it though, and prima facie they were permitting use as a public forum. Do I trust Alex Jones to tell us if there were such rules advertised? No. However, the cops should be put on trial and required to show evidence that they were enforcing a clearly conveyed expectation under which the facility was opened. DuPont officials would of course have been well within their rights to say "New rule, shut up Alex Jones or leave--" but that rule would have had to have been announced and Jones would have had to violate it after its announcement to make action against him legitimate on such a ground.

But... ex post facto law is more fun!