Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Whats with all this ALIEN business ?

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:24:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lets apply some critical thinking shall we.....

If Aliens come to earth they are more advanced technological than us. They would also have "sciences" that we don't even know exist.

So these advanced aliens come to earth too do what exactly ?

Kill us all ? well that would take them what about 5 mins ?

Enslave us ? Why would they, there advanced technology would give them automation options fair superior to anything that could be gained by enslaving humans.

Space tourism ? Earth is kinda like one big zoo to them to watch the chimps (humans)

Capture lonesome farmers and insert anal probes ? Yeah sure why not

Too spread their religion ? Humans might no be the only ones with a zealous zeal to spread (read convert by force) others to their God/religion, imagine the catholic church in the dark ages........but with lasers !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

"Most of these races are benevolent towards mankind. Some races, however, do not have the best of intentions. They are often referred to as the 'Negative Oriented Extraterrestrial civilizations.' Some of them even made sinister deals with Earth humans, and even with Governments. It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology.
In this context, it is, therefore, equally important to know that these 'negative' alien civilizations are only a minority, and that their actions are constantly being monitored by organizations that are more positive-oriented. Two of these organizations, e.g., are the Ashtar Command and the United Federation of Planets (also known as the Association of Worlds)."

http://www.exopaedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:38:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology."

Why would advanced aliens have to make any deals with puny humans and their puny governments ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:41:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:38:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
"It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology."

Why would advanced aliens have to make any deals with puny humans and their puny governments ?

Because we'll nuke the whole universe!!! >_<
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:53:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:38:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
"It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology."

Why would advanced aliens have to make any deals with puny humans and their puny governments ?

Just because a alien race may be superior in many respects doesn't mean they are superior in every aspect.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:59:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:53:53 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:38:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
"It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology."

Why would advanced aliens have to make any deals with puny humans and their puny governments ?

Just because a alien race may be superior in many respects doesn't mean they are superior in every aspect.

Cool, so answer the question. Why would a bunch of evil alien doers bother making an agreement with a government ?

Do we make an agreement with the king lion before hunting other lions ? Do we make agreements with cow leaders before making cows into tasty tasty burgers ? nope, cause there is no reason too.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 2:26:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:59:05 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:53:53 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Just because a alien race may be superior in many respects doesn't mean they are superior in every aspect.

Cool, so answer the question. Why would a bunch of evil alien doers bother making an agreement with a government ?

First of all, if you read the initial link, only a SMALL percentage of nearby alien civilizations are malevolent. Secondly, how does your question refute anything? I could simply reply "i don't know" and you still wouldn't have a stronger case. Why does the Universe exist? I don't know, but it does.

Do we make an agreement with the king lion before hunting other lions ? Do we make agreements with cow leaders before making cows into tasty tasty burgers ? nope, cause there is no reason too.

That's not an apt comparison. We can't communicate with cows or lions. We can in fact communicate with the ETs, in fact they are very human-like. Why would you think negotiation is out of the question?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Fabian_CH
Posts: 232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 5:26:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And where is the evidence for all of this?
"What are we doing? Do we want to feed a starved humanity in order to let it live? Or do we want to strangle its life in order to feed it?"
- Andrei Taganov, We The Living (Ayn Rand)
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 9:06:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The tourism hypothesis is closest, but an advanced civilization would have video game and virtual reality technology that would provide better experiences, and without all the fuss of unwanted attention. No, when you think about it, there is only one place in the universe that has earth souvenirs, and that is earth. They come for ceramic replicas of the Tower of London, little metal Statue of Liberty pieces, samurai swords with plastic handles and dull edges, velvet paintings of Elvis, and coffee mugs with pictures of hula dancers.

There is ample proof of this. Every year Florida alone produces more tee shirts than the entire population of the earth needs for a century. Reliable sources put the total world production of chotskies at 6.4 x 10^10 metric tonnes, yet many people here are two poor to have more than two or three items. It must be being carried off to other planets or we would all be buried.

The logic is inescapable.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 9:30:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I lol'd Roy. And geo, your almost like a godsands for stupid stuff, except even religion is more believable than that. Show me a live alien and I'll believe you else I don't see why some random probably edited footage ought to prove anything.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 9:31:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okey but how do you explain the anal probes ?

Advanced life form + Inter galactic travel + Encountering new species = Insert object into their anus ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:24:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 9:30:05 AM, TUF wrote:
I lol'd Roy. And geo, your almost like a godsands for stupid stuff, except even religion is more believable than that.

How is religion more believable than that? Are you serious?

If the hypothesis is, on other planets much older than ours a long process of evolution occured which produced advanced lifeforms and thus these ETs found Earth and seeded life and continued to intervene, then how is that at all far-fetched? In fact it is 100% consistent with science.

Carl Sagan said the Earth has probably been visited 5,000 times and Richard Dawkins said that advance aliens very probably exist, and Francis Crick said that life was seeded on Earth by aliens. Again, how is this less believable than religion? It's consistent with science and supported by scientists.

Sorry, but you're a retard. Your reasoning faculties have failed.

Show me a live alien and I'll believe you

I already have posted it on this site a bunch of times. He has a Youtube channel, look up Pleiadian Alaje, in fact you can even talk to him if you want. You act like you need an alien carcass to prove their existence.

I'm sure you believe in evolution, yet have no tangible evidence in your hands of this correct?

else I don't see why some random probably edited footage ought to prove anything.

Strawman. There's an entire repository of evidence that includes more than just footage of UFOs.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:32:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

lol...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:43:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Shame on you. You also obviously are not a member of the illuminati.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:45:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:43:44 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Shame on you. You also obviously are not a member of the illuminati.

Or am I trying to disway people from the truth because I am one of their grunts trying to work my way up?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:46:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ha-ha, love this thread: I even laughed at Roy's contribution!

In reality though, I doubt any intelligent life form would risk their green hides travelling to Earth in person (or 'in alien' if you prefer) when they could send nano-probes cheaper and quicker.

They might be here already but are too small to notice.

What's that speck on your computer screen, by the way? Are you sure it's only dust?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:49:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:24:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Carl Sagan said the Earth has probably been visited 5,000 times and Richard Dawkins said that advance aliens very probably exist, and Francis Crick said that life was seeded on Earth by aliens.

Sources?
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:51:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

That is what you get for going to second rate instituations.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 12:57:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.
They want to SHUT DOWN debate.org because the MAJORITY of this site DISBELIEVES them!
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 1:22:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 9:31:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Okey but how do you explain the anal probes ?

Advanced life form + Inter galactic travel + Encountering new species = Insert object into their anus ?

Would you find it believable if it was "Advanced life form + Inter galactic travel + Encountering new species = Insert object into their brain?"
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 1:24:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:24:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/20/2011 9:30:05 AM, TUF wrote:
I lol'd Roy. And geo, your almost like a godsands for stupid stuff, except even religion is more believable than that.

How is religion more believable than that? Are you serious?

If the hypothesis is, on other planets much older than ours a long process of evolution occured which produced advanced lifeforms and thus these ETs found Earth and seeded life and continued to intervene, then how is that at all far-fetched? In fact it is 100% consistent with science.

It is far-fetched because it has not been drilled into the consciousness of society for thousands of years. The only trouble with anything being 100% consistent with science, is that tomorrow it may not be.

Carl Sagan said the Earth has probably been visited 5,000 times and Richard Dawkins said that advance aliens very probably exist, and Francis Crick said that life was seeded on Earth by aliens. Again, how is this less believable than religion? It's consistent with science and supported by scientists.

Sorry, but you're a retard. Your reasoning faculties have failed.



Show me a live alien and I'll believe you

I already have posted it on this site a bunch of times. He has a Youtube channel, look up Pleiadian Alaje, in fact you can even talk to him if you want. You act like you need an alien carcass to prove their existence.

I'm sure you believe in evolution, yet have no tangible evidence in your hands of this correct?


else I don't see why some random probably edited footage ought to prove anything.

Strawman. There's an entire repository of evidence that includes more than just footage of UFOs.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 1:29:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Perhaps you shouldn't have skipped it then. I know most colleges don't offer it, but you can go to http://www.ExopoliticsInstitute.org... and you can obtain both an Exopolitics Diploma and a Certificate in Exopolitics.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 1:40:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 1:29:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Perhaps you shouldn't have skipped it then. I know most colleges don't offer it, but you can go to http://www.ExopoliticsInstitute.org... and you can obtain both an Exopolitics Diploma and a Certificate in Exopolitics.

And btw, the courses are very tedious and may take up to a minimum of 10 hours per week on all the course material. I know most of you think there's no information, evidence, and theory in extraterretrial research, but indeed it is quite plentiful as evidenced by the heavy coursework in the Exopolitics Institute.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 1:53:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:45:54 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:43:44 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Shame on you. You also obviously are not a member of the illuminati.

Or am I trying to disway people from the truth because I am one of their grunts trying to work my way up?

You devious little bastard, you.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 2:02:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 1:40:58 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/20/2011 1:29:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:42:02 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

Yeah, I skipped that class in college. It wasn't needed for my particular degree.

Perhaps you shouldn't have skipped it then. I know most colleges don't offer it, but you can go to http://www.ExopoliticsInstitute.org... and you can obtain both an Exopolitics Diploma and a Certificate in Exopolitics.

And btw, the courses are very tedious and may take up to a minimum of 10 hours per week on all the course material. I know most of you think there's no information, evidence, and theory in extraterretrial research, but indeed it is quite plentiful as evidenced by the heavy coursework in the Exopolitics Institute.

Sorry, I'm currently swamped with my History of Middle Earth classes. The political environment for the Hobbits after the second fall of Sauron was very favorible indeed.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 2:10:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
HAHAHAHHAAHAHA OreEle has claimed this thread with a win. I'm done trying

Congratz to OreEle for a job well done
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 4:06:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

"Most of these races are benevolent towards mankind. Some races, however, do not have the best of intentions. They are often referred to as the 'Negative Oriented Extraterrestrial civilizations.' Some of them even made sinister deals with Earth humans, and even with Governments. It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology.
In this context, it is, therefore, equally important to know that these 'negative' alien civilizations are only a minority, and that their actions are constantly being monitored by organizations that are more positive-oriented. Two of these organizations, e.g., are the Ashtar Command and the United Federation of Planets (also known as the Association of Worlds).":

Oh, my f*cking God, Geo.... Ok, let's have it. You're a troll, aren't you.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 4:13:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/20/2011 4:06:28 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/20/2011 12:31:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Apparently you have no clue about exopolitics, galactic history, or the aims of these extraterrestrial civilizations.

"Most of these races are benevolent towards mankind. Some races, however, do not have the best of intentions. They are often referred to as the 'Negative Oriented Extraterrestrial civilizations.' Some of them even made sinister deals with Earth humans, and even with Governments. It is said, e.g., that the US Government made a secret agreement that allowed for people to be abducted in exchange for technology.
In this context, it is, therefore, equally important to know that these 'negative' alien civilizations are only a minority, and that their actions are constantly being monitored by organizations that are more positive-oriented. Two of these organizations, e.g., are the Ashtar Command and the United Federation of Planets (also known as the Association of Worlds).":

Oh, my f*cking God, Geo.... Ok, let's have it. You're a troll, aren't you.

Admittedly, there is no direct evidence for what was said in that Exopaedia article, however there is evidence for the existence of Andromedans and evidence for contact with the Andromedans, so given these facts it would seem reasonable to accept what the Andromedans say about our history given that they experieced it first hand.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 4:16:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Admittedly, there is no direct evidence for what was said in that Exopaedia article, however there is evidence for the existence of Andromedans and evidence for contact with the Andromedans, so given these facts it would seem reasonable to accept what the Andromedans say about our history given that they experieced it first hand.:
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)