Jump to topic:

Rand Pauls Budget Proposals

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 4:28:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've read some budget proposals, but none as radical as this.

http://campaignforliberty.com...

It proposes the balance the budget in 5 years, and in typical rand/ron paul style, it involves abolishing a number of departments (Commerce, Homeland Security, Housing, Energy) and features privatization or handing responsibilities to states heavily. Interesting enough.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:06:21 PM
At 4/24/2011 4:28:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

It proposes the balance the budget in 5 years, and in typical rand/ron paul style, it involves abolishing a number of departments (Commerce, Homeland Security, Housing, Energy) and features privatization or handing responsibilities to states heavily. Interesting enough.:

You mean how the Constitution was defined by? What radicals!!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:08:50 PM
At 4/24/2011 5:06:21 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/24/2011 4:28:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

It proposes the balance the budget in 5 years, and in typical rand/ron paul style, it involves abolishing a number of departments (Commerce, Homeland Security, Housing, Energy) and features privatization or handing responsibilities to states heavily. Interesting enough.:

You mean how the Constitution was defined by? What radicals!!!!

Radical in comparison to other proposals :L.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:54:13 PM
I'm surprised Paul didn't include an abolition of funding for the war on drugs and a tax on drugs. Perhaps he's trying to make his budget one which both parties could compromise on?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:58:58 PM
At 4/24/2011 5:54:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I'm surprised Paul didn't include an abolition of funding for the war on drugs and a tax on drugs. Perhaps he's trying to make his budget one which both parties could compromise on?

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that Rand Paul isn't as radical as his dad. Ron Paul would most definitely end funding for wars and legalize/tax all drugs.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat