Jump to topic:

Riots in Syria

m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 4:35:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For over a month, riots in Syria have been going on, and have been suppressed by the oppressive government regime. The domino effect has reached my native country; Egypt and Tunis both had successful revolts. However, Syria doesn't seem to be making any progress. Over 300 have died, houses are being flattened (an israeli tactic that bashar al-asad apparently took), and thousands are wounded.

What is everyone's take on the subject? Mine is pretty obvious; I'm completely disheartened. As of this morning my parents informed me that they're rolling in with tanks. I'm not sure what to think... I can't even focus in class anymore.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 5:21:15 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:35:03 PM, m93samman wrote:
For over a month, riots in Syria have been going on, and have been suppressed by the oppressive government regime. The domino effect has reached my native country; Egypt and Tunis both had successful revolts. However, Syria doesn't seem to be making any progress. Over 300 have died, houses are being flattened (an israeli tactic that bashar al-asad apparently took), and thousands are wounded.

What is everyone's take on the subject? Mine is pretty obvious; I'm completely disheartened. As of this morning my parents informed me that they're rolling in with tanks. I'm not sure what to think... I can't even focus in class anymore.
Not so good. I don't think Assad can hold it for long, though.

I got a friend who lives in Syria, I will ask him for updates.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 5:37:34 PM
He lives near a place where there were supposedly hundreds of protesters who wanted the government to go off. That's what we heard on the news. He said there were no protesters there.
andyh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 6:12:33 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:35:03 PM, m93samman wrote:

And the west won't do anything because Syria's got too many Arab friendly neighbours. /good thing we won't interfer and get bogged down again too. I'm sure the protestors wouldn't want us to anyway.