Jump to topic:

Fox News Caught Conspiring Against Ron Paul

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:08:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fox News was forced to apologize for the deception! They switched footage of Ron Paul's 2010 CPAC footage of booing with the 2011 CPAC footage of cheering. They figured that if we saw people booing Ron Paul at the CPAC that it would make people think oh, he's not popular I'm not backing him.

And realize, they didn't apologize cause they were sorry and made a mistake, they apologized cause they were caught and pressure was put on them to correct it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:18:31 PM
Here's the deceptive footage. Skip ahead a minute to see it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:45:37 PM
Interesting considering John Stossel also works for Fox News as well. John Stossel is a libertarian and had a episode that praised Ron Paul.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:50:52 PM
I don't doubt that Fox news is capable of this but it very well could have been an honest mistake. It was the footage of him winning it last year.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:54:40 PM
At 4/30/2011 7:50:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't doubt that Fox news is capable of this but it very well could have been an honest mistake. It was the footage of him winning it last year.

I don't think Fox news ever liked Ron Paul.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:09:04 PM
Not surprising. In fact, to be expected. Watch any video pre-2011 of Ron Paul with Bill O Reilly or Sean Hannity. They ask him literally the most awkward questions they can ask him, trying to alienate him from the Republican party (In 2008, Hannity tried to make Ron look bad by randomly questioning whether Paul would support the Republican candidate no matter who it was, and when Paul said no, Hannity asked if that meant he would support Hillary, that kind of crap). For the last two years, when Ron Paul won the CPAC Republican straw poll, they were sure to denounce it in every single way - oh, it doesn't really mean anything, not truly "scientific," most voters are students, etc. They even went far enough to bring Ron ON air and ask him if he thought it meant anything, because, they told him, Huckabee said it was worthless so he didn't go.

I've seen him get into repeated disagreements over foreign policy on Fox and with republicans, over and over and over, which essentially go -
RP - We shouldn't be policing the world. First and foremost we don't have the money and we're only running up our debt with five unconstitutional wars and troops set up in over a hundred countries. People have to realize that terrorists won't want to bomb us just because they're inherently evil monsters and want to prey on our liberty and prosperity. Maybe getting up in their business and telling them how to live their lives, something we would resent if done to us and something the founding fathers warned explicitly against, has something to do with it too.

FOX/99% of Republicans - But haven't you read the Quran before? It's a book full of hatred and violence and its part of their religion to want to blow America to bits. Are you suggesting 9/11 was our fault? You're a wacko conspiracy theorist. We have a moral obligation to instill our sense of democracy upon them, blah, blah, blah.

Half the time they never let him open his mouth for more than 5 seconds.

Long story short.... Typical Fox News, they've done similar things often before, distorting facts is nothing new for them.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:23:09 PM

Fat chance. They've distorted facts too many times for this to be another honest mistake. That, or they're a really, really, really sloppy news station.

(1:00 in the first video for footage switch...)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:45:10 PM
At 4/30/2011 8:23:09 PM, jat93 wrote:

Fat chance. They've distorted facts too many times for this to be another honest mistake. That, or they're a really, really, really sloppy news station.

LMFAO @ Fox News editing peoples faces to make them look uglier!!
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:53:55 PM
Watch the whole video, this is absurdity.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 7:32:52 PM
At 4/30/2011 8:45:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/30/2011 8:23:09 PM, jat93 wrote:

LMFAO @ Fox News editing peoples faces to make them look uglier!!

WWWTTTTFFFFFF
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:20:18 PM
Lets not forget about the mosque being built at ground zero that isn't being built at ground zero and isn't a mosque.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 9:12:59 PM
At 5/1/2011 8:20:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:13:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
u mad at foxsnooze?

It's entertaining, actually.

It never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh....
Until I remember how many people base their political opinions solely off Fox News, and more relevantly, how it keeps trying to make Ron Paul look like a complete idiot. It would be awesome of Fox sort of did not hate him just because he's not a war mongering Islamophobic imperialist. That seems to be their biggest disagreement - the same applies for Paul and the Republicans as a whole. Oh Faux News...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 9:37:22 PM
Special Report treated him well.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:53:10 AM
That's not really what conspiring means.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.