Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Joint ownership left libertarianism

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:28:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
yeah just be a libertarian and read an econ book and become a Keynesian libertarian.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:39:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:28:13 AM, askbob wrote:
yeah just be a libertarian and read an econ book and become a Keynesian libertarian.

A what?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:41:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

Can we stop having comments like this?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:42:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
left libertarian

Keynesian libertarian

Why not just genetically engineer a cross between Hitler and Stalin and call that a libertarian?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate. I know I could probably look this up on the internet but I'm sure you guys have answers.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:46:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?

I have reservations on anarchism. As far as non-initiation of force goes, there needs to be some sort of authority against those who violate individual rights. Basically someone to do my dirty work.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:48:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you want to be a pacifist, GTFO politics. It's just that ****ing simple. You might as well show up at a slaughterhouse and say "I'm a vegetarian." Non-initiation of force, the sine qua non of libertarianism, can only be enforced by effective retaliatory force.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:49:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:46:37 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?

I have reservations on anarchism. As far as non-initiation of force goes, there needs to be some sort of authority against those who violate individual rights. Basically someone to do my dirty work.

So you are only personally pacifistic and believe that violence is still necessary for the rest of society?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:52:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:48:20 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you want to be a pacifist, GTFO politics. It's just that ****ing simple. You might as well show up at a slaughterhouse and say "I'm a vegetarian." Non-initiation of force, the sine qua non of libertarianism, can only be enforced by effective retaliatory force.

Without Capitalism, a state is not required to keep people in line. The lack of economic pressures ensure prosperity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:54:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:49:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:46:37 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?

I have reservations on anarchism. As far as non-initiation of force goes, there needs to be some sort of authority against those who violate individual rights. Basically someone to do my dirty work.

So you are only personally pacifistic and believe that violence is still necessary for the rest of society?

One can be a pacifist and believe in necessary violence. I believe in some forms of force, but not killing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:55:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.

So then you prescribe to joint ownership left libertarianism?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:58:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:54:51 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:46:37 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?

I have reservations on anarchism. As far as non-initiation of force goes, there needs to be some sort of authority against those who violate individual rights. Basically someone to do my dirty work.

So you are only personally pacifistic and believe that violence is still necessary for the rest of society?

One can be a pacifist and believe in necessary violence. I believe in some forms of force, but not killing.

"pacifist - someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Pacifism is the opposition to all violence, not just killing.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:59:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:52:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:48:20 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you want to be a pacifist, GTFO politics. It's just that ****ing simple. You might as well show up at a slaughterhouse and say "I'm a vegetarian." Non-initiation of force, the sine qua non of libertarianism, can only be enforced by effective retaliatory force.

Without Capitalism, a state is not required to keep people in line. The lack of economic pressures ensure prosperity.

Tell that to the victims of the feudalists, and the communists, and the fascists. Ask them what their economic pressures were.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
I am not a pacifist, so that was a remarkably stupid thing to say. If I were claiming pacifism, you'd have a point.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:59:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:58:02 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:54:51 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:46:37 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:44:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you're a hardcore pacifist then how come you aren't an Anarchist?

I have reservations on anarchism. As far as non-initiation of force goes, there needs to be some sort of authority against those who violate individual rights. Basically someone to do my dirty work.

So you are only personally pacifistic and believe that violence is still necessary for the rest of society?

One can be a pacifist and believe in necessary violence. I believe in some forms of force, but not killing.

"pacifist - someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Pacifism is the opposition to all violence, not just killing.

Furthermore, the odds of success of a programme of violence that prohibits killing against all the programmes that don't are miniscule.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:00:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:55:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.

So then you prescribe to joint ownership left libertarianism?

Not familiar with the term. If you mean the collectivization of property then no. I desire no property rule whatsoever; open source.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:02:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:00:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:55:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.

So then you prescribe to joint ownership left libertarianism?

Not familiar with the term. If you mean the collectivization of property then no. I desire no property rule whatsoever; open source.

Bend over, Bubba's gonna open your source good. Whatchoo gonna do, resist violently?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:03:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:59:02 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:52:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:48:20 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:43:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:39:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Glad you've worked out that socialism/communism a logically untenable position. Left Libertarianism is a fairly intellectually dishonest and vague ideology. The motive for considering it would be because normal Libertarianism is too mainstream, and it allows you to deflect criticism from libertarianism and socialism alike.

I'm really just looking for actual ideas on libertarianism and related ideas. God knows you guys have them so let 'em flow!.

I'm most attracted to the non-initiation of force part of libertarianism. I'm a hardcore pacifist so communism/socialism wasn't really working out.

If you want to be a pacifist, GTFO politics. It's just that ****ing simple. You might as well show up at a slaughterhouse and say "I'm a vegetarian." Non-initiation of force, the sine qua non of libertarianism, can only be enforced by effective retaliatory force.

Without Capitalism, a state is not required to keep people in line. The lack of economic pressures ensure prosperity.

Tell that to the victims of the feudalists, and the communists, and the fascists. Ask them what their economic pressures were.

lol?

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
I am not a pacifist, so that was a remarkably stupid thing to say. If I were claiming pacifism, you'd have a point.

Have you just blacked-out to the fact that you used the same principle as an arguments against taxation?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:05:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:00:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:55:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.

So then you prescribe to joint ownership left libertarianism?

Not familiar with the term. If you mean the collectivization of property then no. I desire no property rule whatsoever; open source.

That's basically what it is. Joint ownership left libertarians are opposed to all forms of property.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:06:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
\
Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
I am not a pacifist, so that was a remarkably stupid thing to say. If I were claiming pacifism, you'd have a point.

Have you just blacked-out to the fact that you used the same principle as an arguments against taxation?

Have you just blanked out to the fact that no, I used it as an argument against HIM, a PACIFIST, adopting pacifism?

If I were arguing against taxation with someone who weren't a pacifist, I would use--- A DIFFERENT ARGUMENT. One centering on its status as an initiation of force, rather than as some sort of force.

Jeez, is adapting to different audiences so wrong? ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:08:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:06:28 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
\
Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
I am not a pacifist, so that was a remarkably stupid thing to say. If I were claiming pacifism, you'd have a point.

Have you just blacked-out to the fact that you used the same principle as an arguments against taxation?

Have you just blanked out to the fact that no, I used it as an argument against HIM, a PACIFIST, adopting taxation?

Fixing error.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:10:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:06:28 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
\
Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.
I am not a pacifist, so that was a remarkably stupid thing to say. If I were claiming pacifism, you'd have a point.

Have you just blacked-out to the fact that you used the same principle as an arguments against taxation?

Have you just blanked out to the fact that no, I used it as an argument against HIM, a PACIFIST, adopting pacifism?

If I were arguing against taxation with someone who weren't a pacifist, I would use--- A DIFFERENT ARGUMENT. One centering on its status as an initiation of force, rather than as some sort of force.

Jeez, is adapting to different audiences so wrong? ^_^

Yes, I did. I apologize.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:11:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:05:24 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 3:00:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:55:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:53:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:49:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:45:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:42:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 2:20:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
So I've been reading a lot and I've been slowly moving from my radical communistic ideals to some form of left libertarianism. Does anyone have any ideas to help me sort all of this out?

What exactly do you want help figuring out?

Basically what are the problems with state funded social programs, taxes, or a safety net for the poor and unfortunate.
The taxes, by their very nature, are collected at gunpoint. If you want to be a pacifist and do those things, run an insurance company.

Property, by it's very nature, is enforced at gunpoint.

So then you prescribe to joint ownership left libertarianism?

Not familiar with the term. If you mean the collectivization of property then no. I desire no property rule whatsoever; open source.

That's basically what it is. Joint ownership left libertarians are opposed to all forms of property.

Then yes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:16:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So in joint ownership it's alright if I fvck who I want to regardless of consent, after all it is joint ownership, so I have the right to use her pvssy as well.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...