Jump to topic:

Wikipidia False Info On Osama

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:45:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wiki says Osama died today, May 2nd. It also removed the part of the article that mentioned the fact that he has been reported dead 5 times in the past 9 years. What gives?

Wiki also stopped redirecting to Osama after typing in "Tim Osmin," his CIA name (he was on CIA payroll).
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:47:54 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:45:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wiki says Osama died today, May 2nd. It also removed the part of the article that mentioned the fact that he has been reported dead 5 times in the past 9 years. What gives?

Wiki also stopped redirecting to Osama after typing in "Tim Osmin," his CIA name (he was on CIA payroll).

OMG, someone changed wiki, how is that even possible?!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:01:47 PM
You have to create an account on Wiki that tracks your IP before you can edit an article. And there's a team of oversight that makes sure all the Wiki info is "accurate." Research has shown that science Wiki articles are equally as accurate as Britannica.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:04:54 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:47:54 PM, OreEle wrote:

IT MUST BE ILLUMINATION OR DA FREEMASONS!!!11!111!1!!
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:19:52 PM
At 5/2/2011 1:01:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You have to create an account on Wiki that tracks your IP before you can edit an article. And there's a team of oversight that makes sure all the Wiki info is "accurate." Research has shown that science Wiki articles are equally as accurate as Britannica.

of which this is not one. The nice thing about science, is that there is not really differing opinions on it. You don't have one group of people dead set on F = M*A and another group bent on F = M*pineapples. So you don't have a lot of motivation to fudge with them. The same is not true for something political.

But if you feel that it was falsely changed, you can submit to the wik-gods (I mean wiki-mods) to have it reverted.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:28:18 PM
I agree that wikipedia articles are much more likely to be biased or distorted on political subjects, btw - on the other hand, it's difficult to name a source of information that isn't biased on political subjects.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:28:41 PM

Wiki also stopped redirecting to Osama after typing in "Tim Osmin," his CIA name (he was on CIA payroll).:

Geo, Wikipedia is usernet which means anyone can create a page and falsify it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:53:33 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:47:54 PM, OreEle wrote:

Clearly reptilians living on the dark side of the moon who are the actual beings responsible for 9/11. The fact that 9/11 was done by the US is just a hoax put on by the reptilians. They killed the real george bush months after he took office and supplanted him with a reptilian replica. It's most noticeable after the incident where he supposedly choked on a pretzel. That was actually just a clever ruse to disguise against the reptilian takeover of the US government. Osama has been frozen for 8 years and was actually a reptilian upon closer inspection. The fact that he looked like an arab was just an award winning makeup job by Mommy Reptile who won a Scalar Award for her work.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:09:57 PM
At 5/2/2011 1:01:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You have to create an account on Wiki that tracks your IP before you can edit an article.
Fail, no you don't unless the page is protected. You need to create an account if you'd rather avoid displaying your IP publicly though.

And there's a team of oversight that makes sure all the Wiki info is "accurate."
Since when?

Research has shown that science Wiki articles are equally as accurate as Britannica.
If you use it properly (which often means ignoring stupid-sounding recent edits). The two are subject, however, to fundamentally different sorts of errors.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:27:40 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:24:40 PM, badger wrote:
so what's the deal with him being in the cia?:

Bin Laden used to be on the CIA's pay roll in the 80's when they fought a proxy war with the USSR. The US at one point financed the Taliban.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:29:45 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:27:40 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Bin Laden used to be on the CIA's pay roll in the 80's when they fought a proxy war with the USSR. The US at one point financed the Taliban.

and what happened that they were to have such a fall out?
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:35:58 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:29:45 PM, badger wrote:

and what happened that they were to have such a fall out?:

Bin Laden and the Taliban always hated the US. It was a partnership out of convenience, not friendship.

"The enemy of my enemy is not my friend."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:39:28 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:35:58 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Bin Laden and the Taliban always hated the US. It was a partnership out of convenience, not friendship.

you'd hardly tell me what was the convenience?
signature
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:40:43 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:39:28 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/2/2011 3:35:58 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

you'd hardly tell me what was the convenience?

The Cold War was going on and both the US and the Taliban hated the Soviets more than they hated each other.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:12:32 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:43:14 PM, badger wrote:
do you two think it was an inside job? considering everything?:

That what was inside job?
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:24:34 PM
At 5/2/2011 1:19:52 PM, OreEle wrote:

The nice thing about science, is that there is not really differing opinions on it. You don't have one group of people dead set on F = M*A and another group bent on F = M*pineapples.

Clearly you have not read Geo's take on various scientific issues, F=M*pineapples is closer that most of his writings.