Total Posts:116|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

So Osama is dead and everyone is rejoicing.

m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:17:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Everyone and their mothers, actually. But why? When you really think about it, there was zero evidence that leads us to believe that,

A) Osama committed the act/The US gov't didn't, or that
B) Osama even existed.

You guys are gonna accuse me of looking like Geo here, but let's get serious. The US has a pretty obviously self-interested government. A little known event called "Operation Northwoods" will fill you in on what our government will do in the face of communism, for example. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Meanwhile, given the 9-11 truthers movement http://en.wikipedia.org..., why wouldn't we believe that this was something JUST LIKE Northwoods?

/discuss
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:25:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A little known event called "Operation Northwoods" will fill you in on what our government will do in the face of communism, for example. http://en.wikipedia.org...

It's interesting and despicable that the US government would ever consider something like that, but the article also says that the proposal was rejected and the operation never carried out.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:34:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:25:18 PM, Kinesis wrote:
A little known event called "Operation Northwoods" will fill you in on what our government will do in the face of communism, for example. http://en.wikipedia.org...

It's interesting and despicable that the US government would ever consider something like that, but the article also says that the proposal was rejected and the operation never carried out.

The take away point, though, is that they are willing to go to such measures.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:37:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:17:40 PM, m93samman wrote:
Everyone and their mothers, actually. But why? When you really think about it, there was zero evidence that leads us to believe that,

A) Osama committed the act/The US gov't didn't, or that
B) Osama even existed.

You guys are gonna accuse me of looking like Geo here, but let's get serious. The US has a pretty obviously self-interested government. A little known event called "Operation Northwoods" will fill you in on what our government will do in the face of communism, for example. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Meanwhile, given the 9-11 truthers movement http://en.wikipedia.org..., why wouldn't we believe that this was something JUST LIKE Northwoods?

/discuss:

Yeah, you're right. Makes perfect sense. After all, no one was actually fighting the US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's all a giant soundstage in Roswell, NM. And then of course it makes perfect sense that America, the most powerful military in human history, would embarrass itself by not being able to track the world's most well-know figure.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:42:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:37:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 5/2/2011 1:17:40 PM, m93samman wrote:
Everyone and their mothers, actually. But why? When you really think about it, there was zero evidence that leads us to believe that,

A) Osama committed the act/The US gov't didn't, or that
B) Osama even existed.

You guys are gonna accuse me of looking like Geo here, but let's get serious. The US has a pretty obviously self-interested government. A little known event called "Operation Northwoods" will fill you in on what our government will do in the face of communism, for example. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Meanwhile, given the 9-11 truthers movement http://en.wikipedia.org..., why wouldn't we believe that this was something JUST LIKE Northwoods?

/discuss:

Yeah, you're right. Makes perfect sense. After all, no one was actually fighting the US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's all a giant soundstage in Roswell, NM. And then of course it makes perfect sense that America, the most powerful military in human history, would embarrass itself by not being able to track the world's most well-know figure.

I like how you speak in sarcasm to make it seem like you're all knowledgeable when people with Ph.Ds in political sociology and history haven't really revealed the truth yet.

The US is known for its imperialistic-ness, so if the conspiracy theories are true, we invaded first with 9-11 as a scapegoat. Is it that hard for you to understand or are you just too patriotic to be open-minded?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:45:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:34:04 PM, m93samman wrote:
The take away point, though, is that they are willing to go to such measures.

Pointing out that a past US government once discussed a similar proposal in the height of anti-communist fever (that it rejected) does not constitute compelling evidence that the government invented Osama and orchestrated the 9/11 bombings. That's absurd.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:47:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:42:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
The US is known for its imperialistic-ness, so if the conspiracy theories are true, we invaded first with 9-11 as a scapegoat.

More like, ran blindly into al-Qaeda's trap.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:47:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:17:40 PM, m93samman wrote:
Everyone and their mothers, actually. But why? When you really think about it, there was zero evidence that leads us to believe that,

A) Osama committed the act/The US gov't didn't, or that
B) Osama even existed.

So this is how radical islam can recruit people
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:48:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I like how you speak in sarcasm to make it seem like you're all knowledgeable when people with Ph.Ds in political sociology and history haven't really revealed the truth yet.:

How many people with PhD's are professing that Osama never actually existed? Two?

The US is known for its imperialistic-ness, so if the conspiracy theories are true, we invaded first with 9-11 as a scapegoat. Is it that hard for you to understand or are you just too patriotic to be open-minded?:

It has nothing to do with being patriotic. It's about the preponderance of evidence versus nothing credible. I am staunchly against ALL of the US wars (minus WWII). The whole 9/11 is fake and there never really was an Osama bin Laden thing is just stupid and holds about as much water as a puddle. Honestly, on what basis does that pet theory have any merit?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:58:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let's not strawman the conspiracists. They don't assert that he doesn't exist, rather they assert he has a different role than most people think and that his death occurred at a different date.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:01:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:58:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Let's not strawman the conspiracists. They don't assert that he doesn't exist, rather they assert he has a different role than most people think and that his death occurred at a different date.

Clearly reptilians living on the dark side of the moon who are the actual beings responsible for 9/11. The fact that 9/11 was done by the US is just a hoax put on by the reptilians. They killed the real george bush months after he took office and supplanted him with a reptilian replica. It's most noticeable after the incident where he supposedly choked on a pretzel. That was actually just a clever ruse to disguise against the reptilian takeover of the US government. Osama has been frozen for 8 years and was actually a reptilian upon closer inspection. The fact that he looked like an arab was just an award winning makeup job by Mommy Reptile who won a Scalar Award for her work.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:02:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:58:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Let's not strawman the conspiracists. They don't assert that he doesn't exist, rather they assert he has a different role than most people think and that his death occurred at a different date.:

A lot do assert that Osama was an invention of the US, as evidenced by this very thread. Like all conspiracy theories, there are competing versions of events.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:05:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:01:30 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/2/2011 1:58:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Let's not strawman the conspiracists. They don't assert that he doesn't exist, rather they assert he has a different role than most people think and that his death occurred at a different date.

Clearly reptilians living on the dark side of the moon who are the actual beings responsible for 9/11. The fact that 9/11 was done by the US is just a hoax put on by the reptilians. They killed the real george bush months after he took office and supplanted him with a reptilian replica. It's most noticeable after the incident where he supposedly choked on a pretzel. That was actually just a clever ruse to disguise against the reptilian takeover of the US government. Osama has been frozen for 8 years and was actually a reptilian upon closer inspection. The fact that he looked like an arab was just an award winning makeup job by Mommy Reptile who won a Scalar Award for her work.:

Finally, a post that actually makes sense.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:57:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:45:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/2/2011 1:34:04 PM, m93samman wrote:
The take away point, though, is that they are willing to go to such measures.

Pointing out that a past US government once discussed a similar proposal in the height of anti-communist fever (that it rejected) does not constitute compelling evidence that the government invented Osama and orchestrated the 9/11 bombings. That's absurd.

There's several events that are similar throughout the history of the US, not just that one.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:01:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 1:47:39 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/2/2011 1:17:40 PM, m93samman wrote:
Everyone and their mothers, actually. But why? When you really think about it, there was zero evidence that leads us to believe that,

A) Osama committed the act/The US gov't didn't, or that
B) Osama even existed.

So this is how radical islam can recruit people

I don't see the connection between your conclusion and anything else on this page...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:37:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is impressive, and probably very difficult to keep classified.

http://www.popsci.com...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:45:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:37:15 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
This is impressive, and probably very difficult to keep classified.

http://www.popsci.com...

A few hundred yards from the Pakistani "west point."

You think someone would have noticed him at the grocery store in the last 6 years?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:21:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 2:01:30 PM, askbob wrote:

Clearly reptilians living on the dark side of the moon who are the actual beings responsible for 9/11. The fact that 9/11 was done by the US is just a hoax put on by the reptilians. They killed the real george bush months after he took office and supplanted him with a reptilian replica. It's most noticeable after the incident where he supposedly choked on a pretzel. That was actually just a clever ruse to disguise against the reptilian takeover of the US government. Osama has been frozen for 8 years and was actually a reptilian upon closer inspection. The fact that he looked like an arab was just an award winning makeup job by Mommy Reptile who won a Scalar Award for her work.

Dude, you can not Poe Geo, that is like getting into a swearing contest with the Iron Skeik.
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 9:00:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know if rejoicing is the right word. Seeing the cadets at West Point celebrating made me think of how I feel when I see Arabs celebrating an American calamity. It was almost like everyone rushing the court after beating Duke in basketball or something.

Would it have been possible to capture him and put him on trial?

Then we have the fact that Osama was able to evade arguably one of the best equipped and resourced nations in the world for over 10 years.

In a religious sense, like the old Pesach message, should we rejoice over the death of arguably one of God's children, or is he now gone to he!!

Rejoicing? Celebrating? Justice served? Will Osama be replaced by someone even worse? Very interesting discussion questions.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 9:55:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
what in the world is wrong with celabrateing. justice happened and justice is good. whats the comparison to arabs celbrateing death of inocent to our celabrateing death of evil theyre opposites, therfor deserve opposite responces.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.

your missng 3 word he loved death of inoccent people.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:33:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:26:20 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.

your missng 3 word he loved death of inoccent people.

I think the phrase "you reap what you sow" fits well here.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:40:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:26:20 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.

your missng 3 word he loved death of inoccent people.

Yea he was just out there for blood, he had absolutely no spite of the Western world at all.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:40:49 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:26:20 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.

your missng 3 word he loved death of inoccent people.

Yea he was just out there for blood, he had absolutely no spite of the Western world at all.

ok your right change it to he loved death of us americans and democracy
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:44:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 10:40:49 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:26:20 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:19:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2011 10:15:26 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 5/2/2011 9:59:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personally, even if:

1. He actually existed.
2. He was actually responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
3. We actually killed him now.

I find it abominable that so many people are celebrating the death of another human being.

if hes evil and he died why not celabrate. so what if hes biologicly human, hes evil. aparently u dont think so.

Oh, he was certainly evil. But why? Because he loved death.

your missng 3 word he loved death of inoccent people.

Yea he was just out there for blood, he had absolutely no spite of the Western world at all.

So you advocate mureder of innocents for spite?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen