Jump to topic:

Osamas Death ExcuseTo Enslave Us Police State

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 5:02:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Due to Osama's death, the U.S. will use the excuse that there will be retaliation for killing Osama so they will need to impose a police state on us to keep us "safe." But the only thing truly terrorizing us the police state itself.

In the video you will see the local police allowing a few college students get out of hand as an excuse to bring out the riot police to start terrorizing hundreds of innocent college students. They were in their own neighborhood on their own private property and the riot police came in and used sound ray weapons to destroy their ear drums, tear gassed them, tackled them, and a bunch of other horrific acts. None of them had weapons nor were they posing a threat.

There were innocent girls sitting on their porch step who were harmed and tear gassed. Their were people ripped out of their homes who were minding their own business. It is absurd, but that is what the police state is doing.

How come this isn't on the news? How come no one cares that our liberties are about to be stripped away by an army of men in dark suits?

http://www.davidicke.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 11:35:13 AM
Couple of things, there.

Your "source" is what seems to be an independant news show that's so small it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

Secondly, right off the bat it describes the students that other websites say were "rioting" were instead "letting off steam"

Thirdly, the reporter refers to the actions of the police, before we actually find out what happened, as "tyrrany"

http://dictionary.reference.com...
tyr·an·ny
   /ˈtɪrəni/ Show Spelled[tir-uh-nee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.
the government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.
a state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.

So unless the police believed that a riot was in no way a threat to innocent people, or they were already more than equipped personally and numerically to deal with a riot...it wasn't.

Fourth, the actual video footage does not show what the students themselves were doing, it instead focusses on a collection of students on the sidelines who are clearly stood there watching something unfolding at the end of the street.

Fifth, the "investigative journalist" seems to have troule remembering precsiely what was said to him when he was "threatened"

Sixth: What isn't mentioned is how the ground throughout the video footage itself shows at the very least gross neglect, there's rubbish everywhere, a student tries to light a fire under the police.

Seventh: Standard procedure for law enforcement agencies is to escalate above possible resistance when public gatherings go bad, and given the amount of time it can take to do so, jumping the gun is a sadly common mistake.

Eigth, the "investigative journalist" states that he ws recording, and yet none of his footage was shown, unless the footage we see is his and his alone, in which case, several key points that he mentions to not come up, such as the police pulling students from their homes, such as the police macing people for no reason, the only use of tear gas that we see involves an officer pointing the cannister towards the ground, that is a "stay away from me" tactic, not a "you are now being oppressed" tactic.

Ninth, your insinuations that this is the start of a police state aside why precisely would a police state begin and exist exlusively on a university? I assume if there were other simultanious instances of stuff like this happening then you'd have posted it.

Tenth: You talk about young women being "harmed and tear gassed" and people "being ripped out of their homes" and yet none of that was shown, you claim that the LRAD "destroyed eardrums" when it can do no such thing, you talk about the student that was tackled, what was that student doing? He was running away, what were the others stood around him doing? Nothing, they were standing there and watching, and yet I saw nobody tackling them.

The notion that this and this alone is an indicator of a police state, frankly, is hilarious. Police states do not begin with riot cops beating up students at a univerisity, the act in itself is too unsubtle, and police states only lose subtlety when they are far into their development.

Hell, your own source clearly states that the riot began before police donned the riot gear, and you can see at the beginning of the video that there aren't enough officers present to contend with a riot. I know you have a hard-on for oppressive government actions right now, but really, dude, this is not cool.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 2:23:40 PM
At 5/3/2011 11:35:13 AM, Veridas wrote:
Couple of things, there.

Your "source" is what seems to be an independant news show that's so small it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

First off this is irrelevant. Second, the source is a Libertarian organization that has even been features on mainstream news sources like Fox/CNN.

Secondly, right off the bat it describes the students that other websites say were "rioting" were instead "letting off steam"

I didn't see any rioting. According to the report, only a few kids got out of hand.

Thirdly, the reporter refers to the actions of the police, before we actually find out what happened, as "tyrrany"

http://dictionary.reference.com...
tyr·an·ny
   /ˈtɪrəni/ Show Spelled[tir-uh-nee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.
the government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.
a state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.

So unless the police believed that a riot was in no way a threat to innocent people, or they were already more than equipped personally and numerically to deal with a riot...it wasn't.

Wow, you're really going to argue semantics of what the reporter said? And guess what. It was a despotic and unjustified use of power. Why did they have to use sound ray weapons against a majority of innocent students? Why did they tackle kids and arrest them? According to the report, none of them had weapons. Sounds like unjustified use of force.

Fourth, the actual video footage does not show what the students themselves were doing, it instead focusses on a collection of students on the sidelines who are clearly stood there watching something unfolding at the end of the street.

Exactly. Doesn't sound very much like a riot does it.

Fifth, the "investigative journalist" seems to have troule remembering precsiely what was said to him when he was "threatened"

And? When you're being threatened by armed men in dark suits, I can imagine it'd be hard to focus on the exact words being said to you.

Sixth: What isn't mentioned is how the ground throughout the video footage itself shows at the very least gross neglect, there's rubbish everywhere, a student tries to light a fire under the police.

Dirty streets is not justification for being mauled by Federal thugs. Whoever lit a fire under the police was fighting for freedom and refused to stand down from those enslaving him. That's a bad thing?

Seventh: Standard procedure for law enforcement agencies is to escalate above possible resistance when public gatherings go bad, and given the amount of time it can take to do so, jumping the gun is a sadly common mistake.

It wasn't a mistake, it was crafted by the police and riot police.

Eigth, the "investigative journalist" states that he ws recording, and yet none of his footage was shown, unless the footage we see is his and his alone, in which case, several key points that he mentions to not come up, such as the police pulling students from their homes, such as the police macing people for no reason, the only use of tear gas that we see involves an officer pointing the cannister towards the ground, that is a "stay away from me" tactic, not a "you are now being oppressed" tactic.

I don't know if this is you justifying the footage or not, but no matter what you say, it was horrific on behalf of the thugs in uniform.

Ninth, your insinuations that this is the start of a police state aside why precisely would a police state begin and exist exlusively on a university? I assume if there were other simultanious instances of stuff like this happening then you'd have posted it.

No, I posted just this one because it is the most recent one and most relevant. This is not a thread to show every police state video.

And guess what? There are countless instances of this and yes, many are on Youtube. And yes, they happen on University campuses against innocent students. In fact, I posted one a few months ago.

Tenth: You talk about young women being "harmed and tear gassed" and people "being ripped out of their homes" and yet none of that was shown, you claim that the LRAD "destroyed eardrums" when it can do no such thing, you talk about the student that was tackled, what was that student doing? He was running away, what were the others stood around him doing? Nothing, they were standing there and watching, and yet I saw nobody tackling them.

Again, the students weren't harming anybody. They put a freaking bicycle on a stop sign. That's probably why the kid was running. You don't get a big group of dark suit armed thugs to terrorize people over a small case of vandalism, if you can even call if that.

The notion that this and this alone is an indicator of a police state, frankly, is hilarious.

Strawman. I never claimed such a thing. This is just one of the many pieces of evidence and one of many steps towards a police state.

Police states do not begin with riot cops beating up students at a univerisity, the act in itself is too unsubtle, and police states only lose subtlety when they are far into their development.

Hell, your own source clearly states that the riot began before police donned the riot gear, and you can see at the beginning of the video that there aren't enough officers present to contend with a riot.

It was a few people vandalizing a stop sign. That's not a riot. It looked more like a gathering to me.

I know you have a hard-on for oppressive government actions right now, but really, dude, this is not cool.

You got it wrong. I am against oppressive government actions. Why should I he forced to fear police more than I fear actual criminals who are murderers and rapists? I will probably never be harmed by a criminal in my life, yet I'll probably either be forced to dodge police or be harmed by police more than a criminal encounter is likely to happen.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 5:12:20 AM
First off this is irrelevant. Second, the source is a Libertarian organization that has even been features on mainstream news sources like Fox/CNN.

It's really not that irrelevant, if the story itself is THAT bad, then why is it that no news outlets, particularly those who would be against such trampling all over civil liberties. (FOX news, for instance) Not also cover it as quickly and as vehemently?

Hell, you yourself say that this little news organisation features on FOX itself, so why didn't they just call them up and say "can you run this?"

I didn't see any rioting. According to the report, only a few kids got out of hand.

I'm sure you didn't, and according to the report, yes, but according to the site that you linked. (and quite a few other sites if you type in "police attack wiu" it was a, quote, riot.

Wow, you're really going to argue semantics of what the reporter said?

Mr Dictionary isn't privvy to semantics. I will however say that if this guy is meant to be a journalist then he'd know that words have a lot more weight when a lot of people are listening.

It was a despotic and unjustified use of power. Why did they have to use sound ray weapons against a majority of innocent students?

Indeed, why should they utilise the most effective non-lethal technology they possess? Why oh why?

Why did they tackle kids and arrest them?

Kid. Singular. Kid who seemed to be trying really quite hard to get away from the police.

According to the report, none of them had weapons. Sounds like unjustified use of force.

According to the report, according to the report. You know I'd figure someone like you, given that you're on an anti-government spree right now, would pay more attention to what he saw rather than what he was being told.

Exactly. Doesn't sound very much like a riot does it.

You either misread or misunderstood. The footage focusses on students watching something unfold at the end of the street, these are the same students who stood on the sidelines and as we see in the video, were totally ignored by the riot cops.

And? When you're being threatened by armed men in dark suits, I can imagine it'd be hard to focus on the exact words being said to you.

My point is he remembers everything with such stunning clarity...except that, and out of all of it, that was the only segment of the day, according to him, when he and the feds actually communicated, when he actually spoke to the people who he claim were oppressing him. I'd expect something like that to stick out in the mind.

Dirty streets is not justification for being mauled by Federal thugs.

No, but they are a potential indication of civil unrest.

Whoever lit a fire under the police was fighting for freedom and refused to stand down from those enslaving him. That's a bad thing?

No, no, in fact I bet that particular trio of policeman have a score of college students at this very moment tilling their back gardens in preperation for a year of farming which they're forced to do via shackles and the occasional lynching.

Here's a tip, if you want to show the police as being mindless, brutal oppresive thugs...don't try to set them on fire.

It wasn't a mistake, it was crafted by the police and riot police.

I'm sure it was, because University students are FAMOUS for their respect of the law now, aren't they? Never been any weed on any campus that I know of, mm-mm, no sir. I bet them WIU kids were just so gosh-darn willin' to say "Throw a bike, Officer Jeckleberry? Well sure thing sir, if it'll help us win the war on terrorism!"

I don't know if this is you justifying the footage or not, but no matter what you say, it was horrific on behalf of the thugs in uniform.

and yet the only proof you provide shows none of it. You may as well try to say that the entire thing was orchestrated by the Illminati who, coincidentally, were right there playing "the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny" with woodwind instruments but they JUST happened to be slightly off-camera all the time.

No, I posted just this one because it is the most recent one and most relevant. This is not a thread to show every police state video.

and yet you seem keen to insinuate that not only is America a police state but it's irreversably so. Hell the title of the thread is "Osama' Death Excuse To Enslave Us Police State" ignoring the horrible grammar...nothing about that title says anything about WIU or the students involved or anything else, it is literally an indication that America is now a Police State, nothing more, nothing less.

And guess what? There are countless instances of this and yes, many are on Youtube. And yes, they happen on University campuses against innocent students.

I'm sure all the students believe themselves to be totally innocent.

Again, the students weren't harming anybody. They put a freaking bicycle on a stop sign. That's probably why the kid was running.

Funny thing, see I watched a video of that bicycle being thrown, and as far as I can tell, the kid that was running wasn't either of the two people who attempted the first time, nor was he the third guy that actually succeeded, and even if he was, how would the police spot him when he was, if we look at the length of the street, 1: pretty damn far away and 2: surrounded by hundreds of people, at least some of which probably look marginally like him.

You don't get a big group of dark suit armed thugs to terrorize people over a small case of vandalism, if you can even call if that.

No, you're right, you don't. Sort of begs the question "what did they do?" really, doesn't it?

Strawman. I never claimed such a thing. This is just one of the many pieces of evidence and one of many steps towards a police state.

Not a strawman, the title of the thread is as follows: "Osama's Death Excuse To Enslave Us Police State" and your primary post focusses on this and this alone, clearly you believe there to be a connection between the establishment of a Police State in America and the events portrayed in that video. In fact I suspect you believe or believed there to be a direct correlation such that one was proof of the other.

It was a few people vandalizing a stop sign. That's not a riot. It looked more like a gathering to me.

and yet the website you linked to, and quite a few others if you google the attack, describe it as a "riot" so in this fair and democratic modern era we must consider the will of the majority, one pudgy guy in a suit who hosts a two-bit psuedo news program says they were "letting off steam" compared to at least two websites (Here's the second) http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com...

So democratically speaking...this was a riot.

You got it wrong. I am against oppressive government actions
Yeah me too, surprise surprise, but this isn't tantamount to what you claim.

Why should I he forced to fear police more than I fear actual criminals who are murderers and rapists?

Better question: Why would murderers and rapists fear the police if they weren't capable of making a show of force?

I will probably never be harmed by a criminal in my life

Do you REALLY want to take that bet and tempt fate?

yet I'll probably either be forced to dodge police or be harmed by police more than a criminal encounter is likely to happen.

Because of what? This video? How can you justify the idea that someone who wants to kill you is less likely to hurt you than someone whose job it is to drag the person that wants to kill you kicking and screaming to prison? That's a bit like saying. "Well troops, the Taliban have AK-47's and IED's, but I swear I'll sooner die from food poisoning because these rations are AWFUL"
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Krakken101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 12:08:29 PM
Keep in mind that David Icke is a lunatic Englishman that believes the Bush Family and the Royal Family are a race of trans-dimensional reptilian hybrids who require human blood to live and are trying to take over the world.

I feel awfully sorry for you Geo.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 1:37:35 PM
At 5/4/2011 12:08:29 PM, Krakken101 wrote:
Keep in mind that David Icke is a lunatic Englishman that believes the Bush Family and the Royal Family are a race of trans-dimensional reptilian hybrids who require human blood to live and are trying to take over the world.

Uh, yeah, I know who David Icke is. I own several of his books. Why to you think I linked to his site.

Also, David Ickes validity has nothing to do with the validity of the video. The video was taken from Libertarian news source. Also, regardless of what Icke believes, a video is a video, not speculation.

I feel awfully sorry for you Geo.

I feel sorry for you because clearly you don't know how to use your brain to understand very simple things, let alone critical thinking.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 6:01:00 PM
At 5/4/2011 12:08:29 PM, Krakken101 wrote:

They don't require human blood to live, they require it to shape shift into human form. The only thing they need to live is monoatomic gold as without that they lose the ability for trans-dimensional travel, brain-control, and hyper-neuronal networking.