Jump to topic:

Debate Day and Ron Pauls Money Bomb!

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:37:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Go to http://www.ronpaul2012.com... and donate to his money bomb!

Today is the first national GOP debate and Ron Paul is trying to raise 2 million dollars by the end of today.

Seriously, if Ron Paul loses, expect to have surveillance cameras, National ID cards, increased police presence, more wars, more devaluation of money, bigger prison population, more American lives destroyed and no legalized drugs!

So please make sure he wins!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:39:08 PM
At 5/5/2011 2:37:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Today is the first national GOP debate and Ron Paul is trying to raise 2 million dollars by the end of today.

Seriously, if Ron Paul loses, expect to have surveillance cameras, National ID cards, increased police presence, more wars, more devaluation of money, bigger prison population, more American lives destroyed and no legalized drugs!

Geo, don't get your hopes up too high.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:00:53 PM
At 5/5/2011 2:39:08 PM, innomen wrote:

I don't know how you got "hope" from my post. If anything, it was pessimistic. I basically said, if he loses were all fvcked.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:09:31 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:00:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I don't know how you got "hope" from my post. If anything, it was pessimistic. I basically said, if he loses were all fvcked.

you know he's gonna lose. The only real question is if he does better this election than last election.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:19:13 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:09:31 PM, OreEle wrote:

you know he's gonna lose. The only real question is if he does better this election than last election.

That's not the question. He's already doing twice as good as past election. His crowds are doubling in size, his donations are record breaking, and he won the straw poll in last years and this years CPAC convention, and a CNN poll indicated that Ron Paul did better than all the other GOP front runners when put against Obama.

Also, none of the front runners have decided to run (Trump, Huckabee, Palin, Romney, etc.) Right now, the biggest name in the GOP debate tonight is Tim Pawlenty. Ron Paul is by far more popular than every candidate on the stage tonight.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:31:48 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:19:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

That's not the question.

There was never a question asked.

He's already doing twice as good as past election. His crowds are doubling in size, his donations are record breaking, and he won the straw poll in last years and this years CPAC convention, and a CNN poll indicated that Ron Paul did better than all the other GOP front runners when put against Obama.

Did you follow him in the primaries of the 2008 election? Back then, he also had a massive grassroots, with tons of donations, and winning many strawpolls. But when election day came, none of his supporters stuck by him (either that or he never had that many supporters to begin with).

His problem is that he doesn't really have a lot of supporters, he only has a lot of activist supporters, so online, and in polls and such, he seems to do really well, but the people that don't get into politics alot, that read up on it for basically just the last month or so, if at all (namely the vast majority), won't vote for him.

What % of the vote did he get in the primaries of 2008, 1.6%? He might get double or even triple that now.

Also, none of the front runners have decided to run (Trump, Huckabee, Palin, Romney, etc.) Right now, the biggest name in the GOP debate tonight is Tim Pawlenty. Ron Paul is by far more popular than every candidate on the stage tonight.

So that means that the current polls are not going to be accurate.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:31:57 PM

That's not the question. He's already doing twice as good as past election. His crowds are doubling in size, his donations are record breaking, and he won the straw poll in last years and this years CPAC convention, and a CNN poll indicated that Ron Paul did better than all the other GOP front runners when put against Obama.

Palin and Trump wouldn't be threats to Paul. Palin isn't the brightest bulb out there and would get destroyed in debates. Trump... Well, though it stuns me that he's gotten the support that he has (info through various polls) he would also get destroyed in debates because he has no political experience whatsoever and furthermore has supported Democratic candidates in the past.

I think the more serious challenges are Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, and maybe Pawlenty. Hopefully Huckabee will decide not to run (hasn't committed to anything yet) and hopefully Romney's rep will be somewhat smeared by whatever stupid comment he made recently and his health-care flip-flop. Don't know much about Gingrich and Pawlenty.

Ron Paul has a large and dedicated fanbase - more so in both aspects than last election, when he was widely unknown. He has been getting a lot of media exposure lately and his name is spreading. Many of the things he's predicted/warned about in the past have come true, and people are starting to realize it. Additionally, ever since the last election, countless youtube videos of his speeches, debates, and interviews have been uploaded and they all have a high amount of views. Though it's a long shot, I wouldn't be so quick to throw him out.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:52:06 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:31:48 PM, OreEle wrote:

That's not the question.

I never said you asked a question. You did however state that there is a question that needs to be asked. I replied that that is not the question that needs to be asked.

C'mon don't be stupid. You know what you said. See bold.

He's already doing twice as good as past election. His crowds are doubling in size, his donations are record breaking, and he won the straw poll in last years and this years CPAC convention, and a CNN poll indicated that Ron Paul did better than all the other GOP front runners when put against Obama.

Did you follow him in the primaries of the 2008 election? Back then, he also had a massive grassroots, with tons of donations,

Yes, I know that. And my comment accounted for that. It still doesn't change the fact that he is doing twice as good as last year.

and winning many strawpolls.

But I'm referring to the CPAC straw poll. CPAC is the largest Conservative convention and that clearly indicates he is the favorite among Conservatives right now.

But when election day came, none of his supporters stuck by him (either that or he never had that many supporters to begin with).

His supporters did stick by him, it's just that it seemed like he had more supprters than there actually was because they were so enthusiastic and prominent.

His problem is that he doesn't really have a lot of supporters, he only has a lot of activist supporters, so online, and in polls and such, he seems to do really well, but the people that don't get into politics alot, that read up on it for basically just the last month or so, if at all (namely the vast majority), won't vote for him.

Yes, but he has become more mainstream. He has the whole Tea Party backing him. His son Rand Paul got elected to Senate and the Tea Party nearly knocked Harry Reid out and put Sharon Angle in.

What % of the vote did he get in the primaries of 2008, 1.6%? He might get double or even triple that now.

Well, todays primary he's leading and has 42% of the vote.

Wtf. That's irrelevant. Just because they haven't announced their candidacy doesn't mean they weren't included in the polls. Trump, Palin, Huckabee, and Romney have all been included in the polls.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:08:23 PM
If he ever made it toward the top the main stream media would chop him up into small pieces. They'll bring out that charge of anti-semitism, isolationist, etc.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:14:11 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:08:23 PM, innomen wrote:
If he ever made it toward the top the main stream media would chop him up into small pieces. They'll bring out that charge of anti-semitism, isolationist, etc.

anybody know what the mainstream's motive is for attacking ron paul?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:18:58 PM

The mainstream media has already given it's fair share of assaults on Ron Paul. However, lately it has been more kind to Paul. Even Sean Hannity who hated Paul is now showing acceptance of Paul. Also, I listen to 3 or 4 talk radio shows every day and they all unanimously support Ron Paul over all the others.

To the Tea Party, Romney, Huckabee and the likes are all just RINOs who support the status quo and HAVE BEEN a part of the status quo.

I guarantee you that none of the Tea Partiers are going to support a GOP front runner other than Ron Paul or Sarah Palin. They hate Trump btw.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:21:27 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:14:11 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Haven't you been watching Alex Jones?

The mainstream media is controlled by the same people who control the government.

And if not that, many of the news reporters are just brainwashed but it seems this time around, even the brainwashed ones are waking up.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:25:54 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:18:58 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

The mainstream media has already given it's fair share of assaults on Ron Paul. However, lately it has been more kind to Paul. Even Sean Hannity who hated Paul is now showing acceptance of Paul. Also, I listen to 3 or 4 talk radio shows every day and they all unanimously support Ron Paul over all the others.

To the Tea Party, Romney, Huckabee and the likes are all just RINOs who support the status quo and HAVE BEEN a part of the status quo.

I guarantee you that none of the Tea Partiers are going to support a GOP front runner other than Ron Paul or Sarah Palin. They hate Trump btw.

And the mainstream media is so kind to the Tea Party.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:26:42 PM

He's a republican, and not Obama.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:29:33 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:26:42 PM, innomen wrote:

He's a republican, and not Obama.

Yea, and Fox News hates Ron Paul as well, with the exception of John Stossell and Judge napolitano, however they're on fox business news.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:34:28 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/5/2011 3:31:48 PM, OreEle wrote:

That's not the question.

I never said you asked a question. You did however state that there is a question that needs to be asked. I replied that that is not the question that needs to be asked.

C'mon don't be stupid. You know what you said. See bold.

Did you follow him in the primaries of the 2008 election? Back then, he also had a massive grassroots, with tons of donations,

Yes, I know that. And my comment accounted for that. It still doesn't change the fact that he is doing twice as good as last year.

and winning many strawpolls.

But I'm referring to the CPAC straw poll. CPAC is the largest Conservative convention and that clearly indicates he is the favorite among Conservatives right now.

But when election day came, none of his supporters stuck by him (either that or he never had that many supporters to begin with).

His supporters did stick by him, it's just that it seemed like he had more supprters than there actually was because they were so enthusiastic and prominent.

Yes, but he has become more mainstream. He has the whole Tea Party backing him. His son Rand Paul got elected to Senate and the Tea Party nearly knocked Harry Reid out and put Sharon Angle in.

Well, todays primary he's leading and has 42% of the vote.

Wtf. That's irrelevant. Just because they haven't announced their candidacy doesn't mean they weren't included in the polls. Trump, Palin, Huckabee, and Romney have all been included in the polls.

How about this, I won't bring up his numbers any more until after the 2012 republican primaries. Rather than arguing about it, we can just wait and see how it all plays out.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:49:16 PM
So many people with defeatist attitudes. Guess the only alternative left is to roll over die.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:57:02 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:49:16 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So many people with defeatist attitudes. Guess the only alternative left is to roll over die.

Not at all. Although i don't see him winning, i do see him changing things. The way things are going, there will be desperation for someone like him, and i can see Rand being in the right place at the right time.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 5:59:29 PM

Agreed 100%. For way too long, choosing between candidates for voting has been choosing between the lesser of two evils. I'm tired of that, and no matter where it goes, I'm going to do all I can to support one of the very few modern day politicians who is not simply the "lesser of two evils."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:12:27 PM
At 5/5/2011 5:59:29 PM, jat93 wrote:

Agreed 100%. For way too long, choosing between candidates for voting has been choosing between the lesser of two evils. I'm tired of that, and no matter where it goes, I'm going to do all I can to support one of the very few modern day politicians who is not simply the "lesser of two evils."

there's no problem with that. I'm not saying no one should support Ron Paul because he won't win. I'm just questioning those that are saying that he's going to win.

I don't like anything that he stands for (for the most part, I can't say that I disagree with absolutely everything), but I do like that he stands true to his beliefs. And for that, you should continue to support him if you currently do. I'm just trying to add some reasoning to those that believe he will win.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:01:11 PM
Debate now live on Fox News!!!!
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:08:51 PM
good first one
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:15:00 PM
Wow, Paul is well prepared. They threw a fricken tough question at him and he answered it quite well. It was worded almost as if it were to swipe him from under his feet. I would've been stumped, lol.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:15:03 PM
I love how everything Paul says is met with huge applause :D :D :D

Johnson is doing extremely well, too. He sounds WAY more prepared than Pawlenty, Santorum, and especially Cain. He looks very presidential.