Jump to topic:

The Government Outlawed the Cure for Cancer

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 9:29:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Scientists cannot come up with a cure for cancer. That's because the real cure is found in nature and cannot be patented, thus no profit for pharmaceutical companies.

Hemp Oil. The Government has outlawed the production of Hemp. (Ron Paul has actually put forth multiple bills calling specifically for the legalization of Hemp and none have passed.)

http://educate-yourself.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 10:30:33 PM
Yeah, sure did wonders for my dad, who died from cancer anyway.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 10:37:39 PM
What I said isn't true, but he did smoke a lot of medical weed.

Also, no man, snake oil is where the real cure is.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:26:15 PM
At 5/13/2011 11:10:57 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Even with suppression, I imagine that you have some kind of evidence which attests to hemp oil's effectiveness as a response to cancer? If you didn't, you obviously couldn't claim it a cure.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org...

http://www.nowpublic.com...
^^^^^^^^^
Harvard confirms the effectiveness of THC.

http://phoenixtears.ca...

http://www.lewrockwell.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:28:44 PM
http://www.google.ca...=
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:35:57 PM
Ok, now that it has been made clear we are talking about THC...

Reefer didn't save my dad from cancer.

Course, If someone has cancer, and just wants to use that as an excuse to smoke their brains out, power to them. I don't mean to be a downer.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:40:20 PM
At 5/13/2011 11:35:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I have doubts that he went through the dangerous techniques to create Hemp Oil and then injected it into his blood stream.

Course, If someone has cancer, and just wants to use that as an excuse to smoke their brains out, power to them. I don't mean to be a downer.

Again, you can't just smoke a joint and expect to cure cancer. You have to either buy or produce Hemp Oil and inject it into yourself. It doesn't even get you high. So no, it's not just an excuse to get you stoned.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:42:10 PM
Video of hemp oil in the making and testimonies to it's effectiveness.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:56:27 PM
I stopped taking the video seriously as soon as the big "THC" logo popped up at the start.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:05:43 AM
All this is clearly some kind of marketing/propaganda ploy aimed at the very specific demographic of stoners who want to believe that marijuana is some kind of miracle plant, because dude it makes everything so awesome. It's their golden calf.

Yeah, sorry, can't take this seriously. I'm sure the guys doing the study were having a blast though. Just like Leary and those other dipsh!ts were having when doing psych "research" back in the 60s.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:15:46 AM
Geo, just out of curiosity, are there any conspiracies you don't buy into? Apart from the ones that are mutually exclusive, of course.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:18:54 AM
At 5/13/2011 11:40:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Again, you can't just smoke a joint and expect to cure cancer. You have to either buy or produce Hemp Oil and inject it into yourself. It doesn't even get you high. So no, it's not just an excuse to get you stoned.

the only serious link you posted (the harvard study) referenced THC, which is found in marijuana. theres no reference to a need for hemp oil.

http://scienceblogs.com...

specifically, they've found that THC can inhibit tumor growth.its a useful treatment, but not a "cure"- it may lead to one with further research. anyways, i can only find those two studies, which seem to imply that it came to nothing, or is less clear cut than originally thought. plus they do make medical marijuana pills and sell them, so there must be some money in it.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:34:29 AM
At 5/13/2011 11:40:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/13/2011 11:35:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I have doubts that he went through the dangerous techniques to create Hemp Oil and then injected it into his blood stream.

Is it hemp oil or THC that cures the cancer?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 6:33:27 PM
Also:

"Scientists cannot come up with a cure for cancer. That's because the real cure is found in nature and cannot be patented, thus no profit for pharmaceutical companies."

These the same scientists that study the effects of THC on brain tumors? Huh. And then encourage future research into it? Huh.

Also one cure? Zomg what universal law of nature have I missed?
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 7:15:01 PM
You can always (and do always) attack Geo's sources on grounds of legitimacy/authenticity. But what if we hypothetically explore the possibilities base on what we know for sure?

Fact: the private sector cannot make money off of anything to do with THC. It's too easy to produce and use. They've tried industrializing it into a spray or pill, to corner the illicit market, but come on now...

Fact: the illicit drug market is worth $billions. This money cannot just exist in a vacuum... you would have to be mentally retarded to believe that the interests behind this cash flow are not expressed somehow against our will, particularly since an end to the federal prohibition would mean an instant end to the money we spend on it (it's totally free).

Fact: wild propaganda has been circulated about hemp for almost a century now (FOX recently claimed it "will kill you"). There must be motives behind this propaganda, logically.

Fact: The DEA makes $1B per week fighting the drug war. Are we to believe that no one in power is working to protect this cash flow? No one would protect this infrastructure of guns and soldiers? No one would exercise tyranny with these soldiers?

I have shown, well beyond a reasonable doubt, that there are both private and public interests working to secure large amounts of money being made off of the consumers of THC. Capitalists cannot let this money just disappear; their moral principles are skewed to allow for profit-seeking and once you destroy your principles in this manner there really is no limit to what can come out of your mouth. Just talk to some of them on this site and ask them to disclose their moral principles. You would get a better answer out of a fourth-grader who is not yet fully conditioned with greed, because at least the fourth-grader still has some sense of right and wrong that has not been extinguished.

Now, without even getting into Geo's sources or his pre-disposition towards conspiracy, it is logically errant to posit that there would not be significant efforts to smother any funding and sabotage any efforts to show that hemp could be used to help fight cancer. Whether it does cure it or not is moot; for we can never know while capitalism rears its ugly head in our country. And I haven't even begun to bring in the legitimate capitalistic interests, and related lobbying efforts of the pharmaceutical industry. I don't care if you're a minarchist, anarchist, or big-government conservative - you cannot finagle your way around these fundamental mis-alignments of interest just by creating and deleting agencies from government. Government does not create the mis-interests of profit. If there were no government and no federal drug war, profiteers would simply hand over the interests to private firms. Either you are for the cops, or you are not.
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 7:28:01 PM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Even the U.S. National Library of Medicine admits the cancer curing effects of THC, and yet, the government still outlaws hemp. WHY? Even if hemp merely helped prevent cancer or mildly stumped the process of cell mutation, shouldn't hemp be legal???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously, something is fvcked up here.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 7:44:41 PM
i would say that marijuana was quite possibly made illegal as it'd leave people too independant.. and not slaves to a controllable market? :)

and i've seen plenty of claims to marijuana's miraculousness, none of which seem to have been effictively refuted.

or maybe something like in pineapple express's opening scene could've happened:

remember that basil marceaux dude and his claims it was made illegal cosa how easily fuel could be produced from it? was that bullsh1t or what?

otherwise... why did it happen?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 7:57:01 PM
At 5/14/2011 7:51:49 PM, badger wrote:
maybe it was found to make people too peacefully apathetic and hence less manipulable?

in a certain way :)
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 7:57:41 PM
At 5/14/2011 7:57:01 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/14/2011 7:51:49 PM, badger wrote:
maybe it was found to make people too peacefully apathetic and hence less manipulable?

in a certain way :)

or certain ways would be better again lol
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 8:05:28 PM
anyway, i think it's pretty close to being legalized. people seem to be finding a new perspective, and even the older people, which i think is great :) even over here, us stoners now have a representative in the dail.. and he's actually getting a whole lot of respect i didn't actually expect him to get. well, some anyway, but he's not being bashed all that much anyway, and when he is, it's idiotically.. and if it comes to light that my country's just clearly full of idiots, i'm jumping ship anyway, so...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 8:07:01 PM
At 5/14/2011 8:05:28 PM, badger wrote:
anyway, i think it's pretty close to being legalized. people seem to be finding a new perspective, and even the older people, which i think is great :) even over here, us stoners now have a representative in the dail.. and he's actually getting a whole lot of respect i didn't actually expect him to get. well, some anyway, but he's not being bashed all that much anyway, and when he is, it's idiotically.. and if it comes to light that my country's just clearly full of idiots, i'm jumping ship anyway, so...

well i suppose you might quite easily associate it with wasters, but ours is a nation of alcoholics, so...
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 8:09:55 PM
At 5/14/2011 12:15:46 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Geo, just out of curiosity, are there any conspiracies you don't buy into? Apart from the ones that are mutually exclusive, of course.

Lol@thinking mutual exclusivity would stop him.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 8:13:39 PM
At 5/14/2011 8:07:01 PM, badger wrote:

well i suppose you might quite easily associate it with wasters, but ours is a nation of alcoholics, so...

which is also to say they'd generally be wasters through binging and you can binge with all things. and at least marijuana leaves you a whole lot more functional and safe to others around you than alcohol does.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 8:19:24 PM

my entire family now knows i smoke weed and seem to have no problems with it.. grandparents and all..

which is great cos i don't need to worry so much about it appearing in the newspaper anymore! :)
signature