Jump to topic:

Mike aint running.

Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 8:39:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's just not a good year for religious whackos... Right now it's all about the economy. When the economy is fixed, our hierarchy of needs will climb, and then the right can start talking about religion and the left can start talking about social injustice.
kfc
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:49:25 PM
One less neo-fascist theocrat to worry about. Our man might barely have a shot but I'm not getting excited.

Also, Rob, morality generally appears very low on Maslow's hierarchy (lower than you would think): http://en.wikipedia.org...

It's not a very evolved form of morality (contemplating serious issues of right and wrong, as the reuse of morality on the top represents) but it certainly includes the kind of 'God hates gays/brown people/the poor' morality that the religious right is so infamous for appealing to. Notice how it appears near the family and is based on security. You can bet that religious nonsense will keep playing a role in elections no better how things are.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 1:35:24 PM
At 5/14/2011 10:57:01 PM, Puck wrote:
Guess it would cut into hunting down homosexuals time.

He's not even the worst of them.

Rick Santorum quotes:

"In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality"

"[I have] a problem with homosexual acts, as I would with what I would consider to be acts outside of traditional heterosexual relationships . . . if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery."

"This is an issue just like 9-11, we didn't decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us. And if not now, when? When the supreme courts in all the other states have succumbed to the Massachusetts version of the law?"

"Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up for marriage, defending the right of children to have moms and dads, to be raised in a loving environment? That is what this debate is all about."

http://www.spreadingsantorum.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 2:08:35 PM
At 5/15/2011 1:35:24 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
"In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality..."

He should try looking it up (not that the fact that he's wrong would change his position, you can't fight bigotry).
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:18:26 PM
At 5/15/2011 12:29:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
Yeah, but I wanted to see a paul vs huckabee debate.

I'd rather not see that debate than see huckabee detract votes from paul and very possibly, actually probably get the republican nomination.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:25:41 PM

Rick Santorum quotes:

EW. This guy is the worst. It's because of people like him that for years I associated conservatism with right wing bible thumping pro-life gay haters. I wonder if he even knows anything about the economy, or cares for that matter.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 1:12:26 PM

Rick Santorum quotes:

"In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality"

"[I have] a problem with homosexual acts, as I would with what I would consider to be acts outside of traditional heterosexual relationships . . . if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery."

"This is an issue just like 9-11, we didn't decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us. And if not now, when? When the supreme courts in all the other states have succumbed to the Massachusetts version of the law?"

"Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up for marriage, defending the right of children to have moms and dads, to be raised in a loving environment? That is what this debate is all about."

http://www.spreadingsantorum.com...

Yikes!
Fabian_CH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 1:19:22 PM
At 5/15/2011 4:25:41 PM, jat93 wrote:
It's because of people like him that for years I associated conservatism with right wing bible thumping pro-life gay haters.
No offense intended to you or conservatives on here but - what do you associate it with now?
"What are we doing? Do we want to feed a starved humanity in order to let it live? Or do we want to strangle its life in order to feed it?"
- Andrei Taganov, We The Living (Ayn Rand)
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:53:10 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:23:06 PM, Koopin wrote:
YAY! Trump isn't running either.

http://www.cnn.com...
Good.

I think the debate to see is between Romney and Paul.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light