Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Ronald Reagan committed High Treason

jofish09
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:18:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do you think Reagan committed high treason? He did, along with Oliver North, disregard the The Boland Amendment, which he did sign, by secretly selling missiles to Iran and giving the profits to the Nicaraguans. By circumventing the Boland Amendment, Reagan committed High Treason. He didn't listen to the Government, and High Treason is defined as "criminal disloyalty to one's government" (http://en.wikipedia.org...).

I'm interested in what you will have to say, especially because I wish to further educate myself on a subject which is frequently alluded to in the news today.

Also a fun reference:
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:28:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's undeniable that he negotiated with terrorists (Iran Embassy affair) and helped give rise to terrorists like Saddam Hussein for example. Just google "reagan saddam" and "iran-contra affair" and you'll see ample proof of that.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:58:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Breaking the law isn't high treason. Treason involves attempting to overthrow the state.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
jofish09
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:01:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 11:58:13 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Breaking the law isn't high treason. Treason involves attempting to overthrow the state.

Well then. How would you define "High Treason"? High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government, which Reagan clearly committed.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:05:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 12:01:42 PM, jofish09 wrote:
At 5/15/2011 11:58:13 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Breaking the law isn't high treason. Treason involves attempting to overthrow the state.

Well then. How would you define "High Treason"? High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government, which Reagan clearly committed.

Er... attempting to overthrow the state?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:07:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 12:01:42 PM, jofish09 wrote:
At 5/15/2011 11:58:13 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Breaking the law isn't high treason. Treason involves attempting to overthrow the state.

Well then. How would you define "High Treason"? High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government, which Reagan clearly committed.

The extent of his disloyalty was breaking federal law, which almost every person who has watched a music video has done. They aren't traitors because they aren't working against the government itself, but its laws.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
jofish09
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:51:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 11:18:16 AM, jofish09 wrote:
Do you think Reagan committed high treason? He did, along with Oliver North, disregard the The Boland Amendment, which he did sign, by secretly selling missiles to Iran and giving the profits to the Nicaraguans. By circumventing the Boland Amendment, Reagan committed High Treason. He didn't listen to the Government, and High Treason is defined as "criminal disloyalty to one's government" (http://en.wikipedia.org...).

I'm interested in what you will have to say, especially because I wish to further educate myself on a subject which is frequently alluded to in the news today.

Also a fun reference:

Let me rephrase my question: Did Reagan commit a War Crime? Also, why did Reagan support the Contras?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:57:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 12:51:36 PM, jofish09 wrote:
Let me rephrase my question: Did Reagan commit a War Crime? Also, why did Reagan support the Contras?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Doesn't sound like it, and he authorized it because the enemy of his enemy is his friend.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light